Dynahi PSU pcb version
Dec 26, 2005 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
As I am getting ready to order parts for my PSU I notice that the reference pic of the board I was using http://home.earthlink.net/~dgardners...power-rev1.jpg does not match my board exactly. Mine only has one diode near the 338's, one diode disconnected by the 4700uF caps, a 10K varistor next to REF02 and a couple more caps. After relooking at a bunch of PSU threads I noticed 3 different versions of the board. I have been using http://home.earthlink.net/~dgardners...nahips/BOM.pdf as a parts list. It is very close except for the differences just mentioned. Does anyone have the same version board as me?

Dec 26, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 6
Those would seem to be old links. Have you checked the original group buy for the PSU board here? Also, Dan's current site is here.

Note: I did not look the board artwork over carefully to see if the original group buy boards were the same as the link you provided or not.

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 6
This was a "first draft"----->

dynahi-power-rev1.jpg

And to my knowledge there were only a pair of them made so your chances of owning one are slim to none.
wink.gif

This was the second prototype------>

dynahips.gif

Of which 25 were made.....

This is a group buy board ---->

dynahi-psu-large-top.jpg

The only difference parts wise between the second prototype and the final boards was the trimmer

Dec 26, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks everyone for posting some clarification. My website needs some maintenance. Some old images are still around to maintain the history in some of the head-fi threads from more than a year ago. The BOM could use an update and some better part number selections, and there is no Build Guide per se. There is a group buy for this board going on HeadWize, so I'm sure the level of questions will increase in about two weeks.

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
....The only difference parts wise between the second prototype and the final boards was the trimmer

Would a Bourns 3296W-103 (10K) work for the trimmer? And while I'm asking... what's it for? (vary the output voltage?)

edit: 3296w-103 for 10k oops

Dec 28, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
Would a Bourns 3296W-202 (10K) work for the trimmer? And while I'm asking... what's it for? (vary the output voltage?)

Yes. A nice feature to dial-in the output voltage precisely
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back