DXC STORE started Headphone Demo Rental Service!
May 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 46
I wonder if we'll ever have a service like this for IEMs

May 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #21 of 46

Quote:
am i the only one who thinks this is stupid expensive

Thanks for your advice.

Rental fee might be expensive, but prices are based on industry average, compared with product cost.

And this is kind of test operation.

As you know, business is really slow these days and this is just one business model to survive.

If we get many customers for rental, we will expand more headphone lines and more headphones, also fees will be reduced, and if there's not enough demanding, then we need to stop providing this service.

We'll do our best.

Thank you very much!

DXC STORE

May 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #23 of 46
Quote:
am i the only one who thinks this is stupid expensive

Nope, at that rate you might as well just buy them to try and then sell if you don't like them.  Those rates might work for less common headphones that aren't sold by places with good return policies, but all of those are even on Amazon and they'll take anything back that's still functional and not beat-up.

May 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #24 of 46

Quote:
Nope, at that rate you might as well just buy them to try and then sell if you don't like them.  Those rates might work for less common headphones that aren't sold by places with good return policies, but all of those are even on Amazon and they'll take anything back that's still functional and not beat-up.

Thanks for your advice...

I'll keep in mind.

DXC STORE

May 12, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #25 of 46
First, I think this is a GREAT idea. I'm super interested in it, especially if there's some other headphones that might show up. I don't want to jump on the bandwagon of complaints, but I would like to see the rental period to be a little longer. If I get a pair of headphones (or any audio equipment) my life suddenly fills up with a huge range of time consuming problems that I have to deal with immediately. If the time period was extended to something like 5 days, I would consider this a lot more feasible.  I am definitely keeping track of this though.

May 12, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #26 of 46
We spend a lot of money buying/selling and returning/shipping stuff so this is a nice option.  

Many people can't attend meets.

This could be a way to satisfy curiosity on an item without risk/hassle or return "guilt"...

May 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #27 of 46
Actualy this would be a great way for people to BUY expensive headphones.

You can adapt a strategy that lets clients keep the headphones after investing enough into them.  Rather a little higher than retail price~  Sort of like what people do with cars.

Of course pricing strategy would have to be such that people can rent them for a week without paying an arm and a leg.

How could this boost revenue?  I think paying ~$100/wk out of your paycheck is less of sticker shock than shelling out 2 grand up front.  Meaning people will see it as more manageable, something they can afford.  I don't know the full psychology behind it :wink:

May 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #28 of 46

Quote:
Actualy this would be a great way for people to BUY expensive headphones.

You can adapt a strategy that lets clients keep the headphones after investing enough into them.  Rather a little higher than retail price~  Sort of like what people do with cars.

Of course pricing strategy would have to be such that people can rent them for a week without paying an arm and a leg.

How could this boost revenue?  I think paying ~$100/wk out of your paycheck is less of sticker shock than shelling out 2 grand up front.  Meaning people will see it as more manageable, something they can afford.  I don't know the full psychology behind it :wink:

thats a great idea, but that means you hav eto count on the buyer paying multiple months. i think a lot of companies have been screwed by offerign somthing like this and then ending up losing money.

May 12, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #29 of 46
Well its part of the rental service, if you keep them for a specified amount of time they will cut off payment plan and they become yours.

If for whatever reason the client invest $500 over the span of time and cannot keep paying it is first and foremost a rental.  Which would mean profit as some people will keep them longer expected to eventually own them.

Edit: By the way my thought process and grammar sucks atm, Hay fever.

Quote:
thats a great idea, but that means you hav eto count on the buyer paying multiple months. i think a lot of companies have been screwed by offerign somthing like this and then ending up losing money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back