DX50: Should the menu be re-arranged?
Nov 27, 2013 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sorensiim

Headphoneus Supremus
Am I the only one bugged by the layout of the "My Music" menu on the Ibasso DX50? I sent them an email, rudely telling them how it should be done and they had the audacity to ask me to explain why MY WAY would be better. I uhm... I couldn't come up with a better answer than "BECAUSE I WANT IT MY WAY!" so I figured the best thing to do would be to tap the Head-Fi hivemind. Answer the poll, feel free to add comments as well!

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 10
To tell you the truth, the current way doesn't bug me at all…

I agree that your way is quite logical, maybe even MORE logical, but I also see some drawbacks: people who use the OTG a lot definitely use the directory entry a lot (as it's the only ay to access it for the first time), much more than the artist/album entries. And I'm really quite fine with things as they stand, so I voted that way :) . Having users be able to arrange things as they please (3rd possible poll answer) would also be VERY nice (we are all different, after all), but, on the other hand, I do think that ibasso should concentrate on other priorities for FW updates :) (like, introducing a forced scan option on what you connect through OTG)... 

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 10
Pretty much, the only dog I have in this fight is the Artist.  That is the only selection I have used so far.  So if it was closer to the top for me, that would be better.

Considering what I have read about the functionality of the playlist, (it doesn't seem great) that should be very low on the list.

User selectable and arrangable would be great.  I would love to deselect categories that I don't use.  
<Artist> <Now Playing> <Directory>
That is all I would have on my screen if I could select and arrange the categories myself.  (I guess I should have thought about this more before I voted.  ha ha.)

Thanks for the poll Sorensiim.

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #5 of 10
The most sensible order would be: Now Playing  ->Album ->Artist ->Genre ->Directory ->Playlist ->All Music

The access on the album is for the majority of users certainly the most comfortable. Again, the album art display.
Artist shows individual title and albums is therefore also frequently used, it eliminates the alphabetical search for the directories and their names.

The same is true with the genre. It will be the best albums and title displayed.

My preferred looking for is album or artist.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 10
Well - I voted for the option to allow users re-arrange as we see fit.  However, as a backup plan I would suggest the concept of alphabetical order seeing as my brain finds that the most logical way for menu list to be ordered and instinctive when one needs to scroll to find something.  I still would prefer the option to customize.

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Just wanted to add my two cents:
Now Playing
Album
Artist
Genre
Playlist
Directory
All Music

Just my liking but you got a point if iBasso could make it option-able, that would be even better then you can decide what arrangements is best for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back