DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #916 of 1,212
Hi all,

I have just taken receipt of an iBasso DX50 today.

Does anyone know when you are playing a track and you turn off the player if it is possible to resume playing that track from the time it was before the player was turn off?

I listen to a lot of podcasts which can be 2-3 hours long and I have noticed that it doesn’t resume off from where you left off.

I believe it remembers the track but will play from the beginning.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #917 of 1,212
Yes you are right but first I noticed if I just let the music play and not fiddle around with the controls, it's more stable I guess it makes sense no crazy key combinations that seem to confuse the hell out of it to the point of freezing.

Secondly that's a nasty screen refresh I see there, never ever had that happening to me except from 1.0.6 which showed few bright pixel areas but that disappear with the new firmware. Do you get into some combination of actions when the unattended shutdown and bad screen refreshes show up?

Shut down then screen issues.  Some times my battery icon moves around to different part of the screen.  Pretty neat effect really. Still, I am fairly happy that the biggest issues about the file scanning is now resolved.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #918 of 1,212
Shut down then screen issues.  Some times my battery icon moves around to different part of the screen.  Pretty neat effect really. Still, I am fairly happy that the biggest issues about the file scanning is now resolved.

It's either a refresh issue or some bad contact in the screen connector. I'll let you on a secret although I am not gonna tell iBasso, I opened up the dap , disconnected and reseated the display and key connectors on the motherboard so maybe that helped in having strong contacts. Word of warning operate only if you can handle it, putting back a dap in pieces can be frighthening.

Have you tried reloading the firware from say the ibasso link? I tried initially with Soren's link and failed miserably, then used the ibasso link everything went fine.

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #922 of 1,212
I had half a FLAC icon stuck on my playing window that will not go away no matter what. A system wipe fixed it. Try wiping with on + vol up menu. Might help.

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #923 of 1,212
Shouldn't be too difficult to implement actually, I would think scrolling to a very exact point of time for a 3 hour track is not easy with that bar.
That's a shame, now I have to remember what position I am at before I turn it off!

Do you think this feature will be implemented in a future firmware release?

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #924 of 1,212
I encountered the same problem "can't read flac".
However , I just solve it.

"can't read flac" (actually it will show scanning media for a sec then jump back to the Ready page)   
---------------------------
New files will be generated in .album_img when first reading flac folders or files.

Simply, If the internal storage is almost full the generation of _img will be dropped and that's why you can't play flac. 

p.s This is an individual case.
    Sorry for my poor English and hope this experience can be helpful.

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #925 of 1,212
  I encountered the same problem "can't read flac".
However , I just solve it.

"can't read flac" (actually it will show scanning media for a sec then jump back to the Ready page)  
---------------------------
New files will be generated in .album_img when first reading flac folders or files.

Simply, If the internal storage is almost full the generation of _img will be dropped and that's why you can't play flac. 

p.s This is an individual case.
    Sorry for my poor English and hope this experience can be helpful.

That explains why I don't use the internal memory, if you have a sizeable library on your sd card, this guy will fill up like crazy so leave the internal memory alone for it and use the sd card exclusively!

IMO
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #926 of 1,212
Hi,
Loving my DX50!  working perfectly with no issues but this one little oddity.  My 24/96 ALAC files show up as "32bit" on the home screen and in the info page. Anyone else have this? 16/44 show up as such.  My ALAC's were converted from AIIF using iTunes. 

I have 6th batch that shipped with FW 2.2.2.  My files are all just copied over from the iTunes music folder. I've had no issues with anything else and gapless playback on live albums works perfectly.  

Anyone else having the 32 bit display?

Thanks
Scott

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #927 of 1,212
 Hi,
Loving my DX50!  working perfectly with no issues but this one little oddity.  My 24/96 ALAC files show up as "32bit" on the home screen and in the info page. Anyone else have this? 16/44 show up as such.  My ALAC's were converted from AIIF using iTunes.

I have 6th batch that shipped with FW 2.2.2.  My files are all just copied over from the iTunes music folder. I've had no issues with anything else and gapless playback on live albums works perfectly.

Anyone else having the 32 bit display?

Thanks
Scott

I take it back, I have the same issue it shows as 32 bit, must be some firmware bug. :mad:

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #928 of 1,212
Ibasso needs to address the EQ on the DX50, as it is now nothing that one can use for any real EQ adjustments....The faders viability is pretty much non-existent as is the quality of said EQ system.  The need for various listening devices (headphones) to be able to use EQ is essential.  The pre-sets are horrible and a huge volume drop occurs during EQ use.
Please make this thing right.........Thank you

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #930 of 1,212
EQ is badly implemented on this dap, hence don't even bother with it. I am not convinced they'll be able to fix it, I think this is the best you are going to get.

That's not acceptable.  The product through MFG has stated they have included the ability to EQ.  Therefore, it must be fixed or remove it and don't advertise that the ability to EQ is present because it is not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back