DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #901 of 1,212
I just encountered an issue...... I was listening to a 24/192 album... then I switched to a 24/96 (not yet scanned) album.. the DX50 managed to scan the album in and played, but it was playing at fast speed rather than normal speed....So I restarted the device and played the same album again, then the issue just disappeared... weird..................

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #902 of 1,212
on fw 1.22, I had the volume bug once, it jumped to max vol but then returned to the previous volume after 1-2 sec. Also twice, the left channel of sound stopped working randomly and need to restart the player for it to fix.

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #904 of 1,212

That wasn't the case with me. I usually keep all my .cue files in a different folder on my computer anyway but some .cue's were still mixed with the albums. So i took the time to move those over and copied all my music but not the folder holding all the cue's and its working perfectly. Artwork, metadata, the whole shibang. 

do you have each track in a single ape/flac file? or do u have entire album in a single ape/flac?

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #906 of 1,212
  Each track has its own file. 

I have decided to join the DX50 group. Owned the HM901 and sold it after too many problems. Had the AK100 and sold that after hearing the DX50. I really like the way my music sounds on the DX50 and the $cost of the DX50. 98% of my albums are 24bit flac. I am using a 32GB SanDisk card formatted with fat32 using windows 7.
I tried to find the issue I'm having in this forum before I asked for help but had no luck. I was using firmware 1.6 and just installed 1.2.0.
It was an easy install without any issues. Now for my problem. For some reason it will only recognize (read) half of my albums. I didn't have any problem using the card with my Ak100. It recognized all of them. Can someone suggest what is happening or did I miss something in the settings. Without an instruction manual I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or the DX50. I look forward to participating and learning from the members in this forum. Thanks ahead of time for any and all help. Sorry to jump in and take this in another direction. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #907 of 1,212
  I have decided to join the DX50 group. Owned the HM901 and sold it after too many problems. Had the AK100 and sold that after hearing the DX50. I really like the way my music sounds on the DX50 and the $cost of the DX50. 98% of my albums are 24bit flac. I am using a 32GB SanDisk card formatted with fat32 using windows 7.
I tried to find the issue I'm having in this forum before I asked for help but had no luck. I was using firmware 1.6 and just installed 1.2.0.
It was an easy install without any issues. Now for my problem. For some reason it will only recognize (read) half of my albums. I didn't have any problem using the card with my Ak100. It recognized all of them. Can someone suggest what is happening or did I miss something in the settings. Without an instruction manual I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or the DX50. I look forward to participating and learning from the members in this forum. Thanks ahead of time for any and all help. Sorry to jump in and take this in another direction.

you need to upgrade to 1.2.2. there lies your problem. media scan works really well on the newest firmware...

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #913 of 1,212
MiniMaster your right. Just installed firmware 1.2.2... Perfect! What a simple fix. Thanks.

The 1.2.2 is the best yet but it still cause some instability to the device.  Now I have unintended shutdowns and screens problems which appear from time to time.

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #914 of 1,212

Hi all,

I have just taken receipt of an iBasso DX50 today.

Does anyone know when you are playing a track and you turn off the player if it is possible to resume playing that track from the time it was before the player was turn off?

I listen to a lot of podcasts which can be 2-3 hours long and I have noticed that it doesn’t resume off from where you left off.

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #915 of 1,212
The 1.2.2 is the best yet but it still cause some instability to the device.  Now I have unintended shutdowns and screens problems which appear from time to time.

Yes you are right but first I noticed if I just let the music play and not fiddle around with the controls, it's more stable I guess it makes sense no crazy key combinations that seem to confuse the hell out of it to the point of freezing.

Secondly that's a nasty screen refresh I see there, never ever had that happening to me except from 1.0.6 which showed few bright pixel areas but that disappear with the new firmware. Do you get into some combination of actions when the unattended shutdown and bad screen refreshes show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back