DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #812 of 1,212
Has anybody noticed this bug: sometimes when you turn on the screen, the backlight lights up, but only a black screen is displayed. I'ved searched the thread but couldn't find any reports of this bug. Maybe it might be my device only :/

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #813 of 1,212
Has anybody noticed this bug: sometimes when you turn on the screen, the backlight lights up, but only a black screen is displayed. I'ved searched the thread but couldn't fin any reports of this bug. Maybe it might be my device only :/

Yes, it happens. The best fix is hold the power button for around 6-7 seconds until the player hard resets otherwise in my case it'll just keep booting to the black screen. If anything goes wrong use the hard reset option first. It's handy to have around.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #814 of 1,212
Yes, it happens. The best fix is hold the power button for around 6-7 seconds until the player hard resets otherwise in my case it'll just keep booting to the black screen. If anything goes wrong use the hard reset option first. It's handy to have around.

I've tried that and pulling the battery, but it still shows the black screen as soon as it starts up. The iBasso logo doesn't show too. Recovery mode also gives me the black screen.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #815 of 1,212
  Hello
My dx50 has completely died on me. Charged it up and all was okay. Started using it and it died after about 30 seconds. Tried to charge from the wall and connect to my computer with nothing. I have ordered another battery which could be the problem. I have emailed ibasso without
response and the moment. Has anybody experienced this. Any advice would be appreciated,

1) Try holding the power button for 6-7 seconds. (hard reset)

2) Boot into recovery by holding the 'up volume' and 'power button' together until the recovery menu appears. When this comes up go ahead and wipe and restore your DX50. (you might want to remove your sd card first)

See if those options get it working again.

I've tried that and pulling the battery, but it still shows the black screen as soon as it starts up. The iBasso logo doesn't show too. Recovery mode also gives me the black screen.

You tried wiping and restoring option from recovery?

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #816 of 1,212
Recovery mode shows a blank screen too - no text. Maybe you could tell me the steps to wipe it? (E.g. Number of presses to navigate to the wipe option). I suspect that while the screen is blank, the dx50 is still functioning like normal. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #817 of 1,212
  Hello

Tried the recovery with nothing, just a blank screen. Basically there is no power. I will try a new battery to see if that resolves the problem.
At work I fully charged it with no problem then on the way home a switched it on and it worked for a few seconds and then nothing. I have
a horrible feeling it has died on me completely. Very frustrating as this is a great sounding but flawed DAP.

Recovery mode shows a blank screen too - no text. Maybe you could tell me the steps to wipe it? (E.g. Number of presses to navigate to the wipe option). I suspect that while the screen is blank, the dx50 is still functioning like normal. Thanks!

Not sure guys, those are the only things I can think of to try. Best wait to hear from iBasso.

araragikoyomi here is a picture of the recovery menu to help you. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to select the option.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #823 of 1,212
Ahah forget this fonction :frowning2:

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #824 of 1,212
Yes not too precise, my current indicator is when the battery is drained, it shuts itself down, other than that it always shows it's at least half full.

They promised they'd be fixing it on the next release.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #825 of 1,212
Yes not too precise, my current indicator is when the battery is drained, it shuts itself down, other than that it always shows it's at least half full.

They promised they'd be fixing it on the next release.
Good news! I'm in the same boat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back