DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #751 of 1,212
1.2 is working great on my 1st Gen unit. Hissing has stopped and it scan's faster. Very good so far!

Steve from NYC

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #752 of 1,212
Since upgrading to the latest FW I've experienced a little more instability.  Specifically, sometimes if I try to navigate to and play an album too soon after turning on the player it will hang on the first song after approximately 5 seconds of play.  Fortunately rebooting takes care of the issue.  No biggie - more of an annoyance.

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #756 of 1,212
Music playing when pulling headphones out would be fine with me. I consider that a plus. That is cool especially when comparing the headphone audio vs what is coming out of your speakers after taking out the headphone. I mean you can always stop the playback manually.

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #757 of 1,212
  Music playing when pulling headphones out would be fine with me. I consider that a plus. That is cool especially when comparing the headphone audio vs what is coming out of your speakers after taking out the headphone. I mean you can always stop the playback manually.

This doesn't even make sense.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #758 of 1,212
  One major issue on 1.2.0 is that the music still plays when I pull my headphones out.

confused.gif
 Dont all players do that? All the DAPs I've owned continue to play after removing my headphones.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #761 of 1,212
  Of course, I did promise that... just open MP3Tag, Change Directory to the location of your music. Note. If you just want to change the files on your DX's card or storage you can do this right on the device... Then when the files are loaded in the right side pane, Select all files off the EDIT menu, Click the Tag-Filename button (12th from left) or select it off the CONVERT menu. When the dialog box opens, replace the default string with:

$num(%track%,2) $left(%title%,30)

A preview of the first file will be visible so you can see what the filename will look like. The file name with change to track number to 2 character lengths, a space, thenthe first 30 characters of the title. If you have used CD-Track for multi disc albums, eg 1-01, 1-02... 2-01, 2-02, etc, and wish to preserve them just select them separately. I've not bothered as each disc is stored in a separate folder anyway. If the last character is a space it doesn't matter, just go ahead and click OK when your ready to convert them. My 5000+ files took about 30-40 seconds to do the lot.

Note.1: Before doing this you should fix your track numbers to display leading zeros, eg 01, 02, etc and replace entries like 1/11 (for track 1 of 11 tracks). This is just good tagging procedure and ensures every track name with start with the correct track#. You can do this in moments with the TOOLS, Auto-Numbering Wizard. Before I run the Wizard I sort the files by Album as my files are all neatly archived as \\Music\Artist\Album\FIlename (which already had track nos.). If you dont have track numbers already they will be sorted by alphanumreic order of the track filenames IIRC. Either way, make sure they are in correct play order before renumbering.

Note.2: If you wish to, you can always restore longer names later if iBasso fix this to conventional naming. I've noticed most decent programs default to Track# Artist - Title. MP3Tag can do that in a moment too if your tags contain the right entries. If you use some unconventional title you most likely cannot restore them later if its wierd, but I think most here would be using Track No. with either a dash (-) or spaces, then the title or artist - title standard.

Note.3: Anyone delaying doing this is really wasting time. Despite the fact that iBasso should fix this, changing them has had zero effect on playability on my other DAPs. BUT I can understand anyone with extensive PLAYLISTS on other DAPs and you would probably only want to change the filenames on your DX50 and leave your music archive intact. 

I think that about covers it... any questions, just ask.

That really is so helpful - can't thank you enough.

Worked a treat on my files. Now all on my Samsung card and all recognised and playing hapily on my Ibasso which seems very stable on 1.20.

Once again many thanks for taking the time/trouble to do this.

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #762 of 1,212
Hello,

My DX 50 freezed on 

Scan Sd Card
Browse Files.

Impossible to do anything else exept reset but it comes on this again and again...

What can I do?

Thank you very much. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #763 of 1,212
Hello,

My DX 50 freezed on 

Scan Sd Card
Browse Files.

Impossible to do anything else exept reset but it comes on this again and again...

What can I do?

Thank you very much. 

First is this out of a firmware update?
Yes, make sure you factory reset the dap.
No, just keep your internal memory and eject the card. The internal memory should be cleared. If after that it does not behave the way you described, it's the old file name length issues. Then I would clean up the files as per provided many times above (search it through this thread and the appreciation thread). I would strongly recommend you get a microSD card reader this way you don't have to rely on the dap to fix your files.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #764 of 1,212

the headphone out doesn't have a jack sensing feature to auto stop playback, but the line out does. weird though, since i figured headphone out would be the one that would want the jack sensing feature more.

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #765 of 1,212
the headphone out doesn't have a jack sensing feature to auto stop playback, but the line out does. weird though, since i figured headphone out would be the one that would want the jack sensing feature more.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this is a firmware programmable feature and if it is the case, they programmed it on the wrong port, should be on the HO one. I am also used to a fixed LO output, not a variable one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back