DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Oct 4, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #706 of 1,212
  I still have MicroSD card scanning problem...basically, the DX50 won't scan it in an entirely.  Any solution?  I'm using top-rated Sandisk Class 1 MicroSD card with 64GB of memory.

I have the same problem with a Kingston. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #707 of 1,212
Just want to let all know that iBasso asked me to send my MicroSD with tracks to them, at their cost, in order to investigate and fix the problems. Shall do it next week and keep you all updated the result.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #709 of 1,212
Thanks please do.  I'm at lost on what to do most of the time regarding the scan beside a manual scan for on each folder.  iBasso should have a dedicate function for scanning the library as well.  The touch screen is also too sensitive.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #711 of 1,212
Can I ask if you've checked your filename lengths? I've posted several times about this.

I have two folders:

1) Hi-rez
2) Lossless Flacs

Then I place each Artist & their albums into the respectively categories.  I never have this much problems with a DAP before.  I do like the sound but displease with just about everything about it.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #712 of 1,212
  Thanks please do.  I'm at lost on what to do most of the time regarding the scan beside a manual scan for on each folder.  iBasso should have a dedicate function for scanning the library as well.  The touch screen is also too sensitive.

i am doing just that purk. going through every folder manually via the directory. you only have to do it once. aslong as you don't take the card out and switch on the dx50, then it'll keep whatever it has found scanning so far when you re-insert the cardi did think about reducing names to <30 characters but figured the manual scan thing has gotta be easier and definately quicker :)

i have faith in ibasso that a future fix will sort the filename length issue

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #713 of 1,212
I have two folders:

1) Hi-rez
2) Lossless Flacs

Then I place each Artist & their albums into the respectively categories.  I never have this much problems with a DAP before.  I do like the sound but displease with just about everything about it.

That should be fine. I'm not talking about folder plus filename lengths, just the names of the track files themselves. Eg if you have tracks say like this:

01 Ludwig van Beethoven - Piano Concerto No.1 in C Major, Op.15. - 1. Allegro con Brio

Shorten it to:

01 Piano Concerto No.1 in C Major

The rest of the title can be retained in the title tag so don't worry that there are 3 movements to this album. The second can be:

02 Piano Concerto No.1 in C Major, and so on.

All this can be done en masse in Mp3Tag in just a few minutes. It's not a big task at all. If you have any tracks longer than 33 characters (3 for the track number plus 30 for the title) it will not scan completely.

As far as I can tell, there is no way it will scan properly unless you do this process, unless and until iBasso fix this.

If ppl are not prepared to do this, you will continue to have problems.

I have a Sandisk and a Samsung 64 SDXC cards and both behave this way. Neither disk is the source of a problem.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #714 of 1,212
That should be fine. I'm not talking about folder plus filename lengths, just the names of the track files themselves. Eg if you have tracks say like this:

01 Ludwig van Beethoven - Piano Concerto No.1 in C Major, Op.15. - 1. Allegro con Brio

Shorten it to:

01 Piano Concerto No.1 in C Major

The rest of the title can be retained in the title tag so don't worry that there are 3 movements to this album. The second can be:

02 Piano Concerto No.1 in C Major, and so on.

All this can be done en masse in Mp3Tag in just a few minutes. It's not a big task at all. If you have any tracks longer than 33 characters (3 for the track number plus 30 for the title) it will not scan completely.

As far as I can tell, there is no way it will scan properly unless you do this process, unless and until iBasso fix this.

If ppl are not prepared to do this, you will continue to have problems.

I have a Sandisk and a Samsung 64 SDXC cards and both behave this way. Neither disk is the source of a problem.

Thanks but my tag is like your shorten version.  I probably choose to do a manual scan on each folder instead.  My biggest beef with them so far is that these issues were there from the beginning and none of them were rectified even after a month later.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #715 of 1,212
Tag title or the filename on the disk? I'm describing the disk filename.

alphabetegaga, renaming all the files in MP3Tag is quicker than scanning one folder when your 64GB SD card is full.

I'm going to stop posting about this now. I'm getting frustrated offering help and ppl not giving it a go then posting "my DX50 won't scan".

:deadhorse:

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #716 of 1,212
Tag title or the filename on the disk? I'm describing the disk filename.

alphabetegaga, renaming all the files in MP3Tag is quicker than scanning one folder when your 64GB SD card is full.

I'm going to stop posting about this now. I'm getting frustrated offering help and ppl not giving it a go then posting "my DX50 won't scan".

deadhorse.gif

I appreciate your help so don't get it the wrong way.  Here's what it looks like on my file explorer.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #719 of 1,212

This is a good example of having to get used to how something new works. I had the same problem with inadvertently playing a track when I wanted to scroll, but figured out that I was used to using a very "soft" touch while scrolling to keep from triggering playback and the DX-50 likes a firm touch while scrolling and a light tap to play. Now that I am used to it, it makes sense to me and I rarely trigger play when I want to scroll.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #720 of 1,212
As a new owner of the Ibasso I'm very keen to get it right. So if you Jpfe8851 would very kindly post the MP3tag script you mentioned in a previous message I'd be very grateful as a lot of my filenames are way over the 30 character limit.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back