DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 29, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #632 of 1,212

I should have known that...

Fear not, that happened to me once with a different device, and from that day onwards, I was super cautious with every DAP I owned that came from a small company.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #634 of 1,212
Anyone else have their unit stuck on Media Scanning lately? I can't get the unit out of that now. Arrgg

Steve from NYC

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #635 of 1,212
  Anyone else have their unit stuck on Media Scanning lately? I can't get the unit out of that now. Arrgg

Steve from NYC

Yeah, I've been having this problem from the start. Don't know why it happens, because iBasso haven't added a progress bar or something to show that something is actually happening. 

I just restart it every 5 minutes of scanning, does it in 4 tries that way. Still a pain in the arse, but I don't mind too much because I only use the directory browser (until artist -> album mode gets added).

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #636 of 1,212
anyone got any news on when the new firmware update will be released? I understand that it is long holiday in mainland China...and suspect probably won't see anything until late next week...

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #637 of 1,212
Yeah, I've been having this problem from the start. Don't know why it happens, because iBasso haven't added a progress bar or something to show that something is actually happening. 

I just restart it every 5 minutes of scanning, does it in 4 tries that way. Still a pain in the arse, but I don't mind too much because I only use the directory browser (until artist -> album mode gets added).

How do you restart the scan? Do u eject the card and repeat?

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #639 of 1,212
How do you restart the scan? Do u eject the card and repeat?

When you eject the card the DX50 resets the list, so it's not the most optimal way. Same goes for connecting via USB (I don't know the feasibility of it, but it iBasso could add a system to the DX50 whereby newly added files are automatically scanned + added, that'd be fantastic).

The way I do it is to shutdown the device (either long pressing or holding the power button until the shutdown menu shows up. Either way works) then turn it back on again and scan again.

Found another 'bug' with the DX50 (maybe it was designed that way), but lower case artist names will appear in alphabetical order after the capitalised artists. There is no logical reason for this.

E.g. instead of A, a2, B, b2, the list will be ordered A, B, a2, b2. Why?

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #640 of 1,212

When you eject the card the DX50 resets the list, so it's not the most optimal way. Same goes for connecting via USB (I don't know the feasibility of it, but it iBasso could add a system to the DX50 whereby newly added files are automatically scanned + added, that'd be fantastic).

The way I do it is to shutdown the device (either long pressing or holding the power button until the shutdown menu shows up. Either way works) then turn it back on again and scan again.

Found another 'bug' with the DX50 (maybe it was designed that way), but lower case artist names will appear in alphabetical order after the capitalised artists. There is no logical reason for this.

Take a look here:

http://www.asciitable.com

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #641 of 1,212

Looks like a sort using ASCII character representation where A is numbered lower than a in the chart, so A comes first, then a.

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #645 of 1,212
New firmware is out: 1.2.0
Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip

Functions Added:
1, Playlist function added;
2, Support CUE;
3, Support multi-language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back