DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
May 17, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #1,142 of 1,212
Hi, 
I bought my dx50 last month, but now its not charging / being detected on my laptop, anyone faced this issue before? 

Always try to isolate the problem. The first question is does it charge at all? To verify that plug the player on a wallwart strong enough to charge it, for example the 10W Apple charger does marvel but even a 5W should work. If the battery charging indicator is on and after a while you see the power increasing then you know it charges. Next once you verify that, you need to see if it's your cable or the USB port is at fault. I guess you got my drift.

If you don't pass step 1, you got to talk to iBasso support about your problem but keep in mind they'll ask you to do what I just told you in order to eliminate false start and having your return the player for no valid reasons.

Good luck with your investigation.

May 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #1,143 of 1,212
Hi,
I'm a new owner of a DX50. (2days)
Few very bad surprises: it looks impossible to enque a tune in a playlist while it's playing.
Impossible to create playlist in "directory" mode
Also "clacs" happen on the line out when you switch on the player.
My first opinion: the sound is good but the ergonomy ---- :frowning2:
Version 1.2.8
Hope it will be better with the 1.3
Maybe there's something to do before ?

May 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,144 of 1,212
Hi,
I'm a new owner of a DX50. (2days)
Few very bad surprises: it looks impossible to enque a tune in a playlist while it's playing.
Impossible to create playlist in "directory" mode
Also "clacs" happen on the line out when you switch on the player.
My first opinion: the sound is good but the ergonomy ---- :frowning2:
Version 1.2.8
Hope it will be better with the 1.3
Maybe there's something to do before ?

ever tried a ak100? :) then we can talk about bad ergonomic!!!

:)

you can add a song to playlist while playing: there is a little (+) on the upper right side of the screen for it

May 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,145 of 1,212
Thanks for your quick answer.
I know this little "+" but it only add the song witch is currently played.
If i want to add other songs in the playlist while the play list is currently played. I have to go to "my music" "artist" and select a song and choose add to playlist. But then I have to stop the playing and respect the playlist for being able to play it entirely.
I'm a bit disappointed because i use to make my playlist in real time, while the sound is playing.

May 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #1,148 of 1,212
Another bug :frowning2:
When I plug usb for charging all the directory of the sd card disappear.
I can't play any tune during the charge ?

I assume you meant when you plug the dap in a wall charger and not the computer USB port. If that's the case then it's a problem with your player because I don't have this problem. I am really wondering if a firmware re flashing would solve your problem?

May 29, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,149 of 1,212
From the The iBasso DX50 Thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-2-8/13320 

Originally Posted by viperman3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If there's any interest, DOC2008 has another DX90 port

translated using google ....

X50 SOUND EXPLOSION BY DOC2008

- Based on DX90 v2.0.5 firmware
- Android has disabled participation in the processing of sound. now sound without distortion from the player goes directly to the DAC
- Supports all audio formats and works gapless
- Ideal for uncompromising sound DX50
smile000.gif

- Flash of all time
biggrin0.gif

http://yadi.sk/d/YPR6Vj2zRHj6j

If anyone's interested.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #1,150 of 1,212
i have a unlikely issue with my DX50, V1.2.8:

Since a few days my DX50 stucks sometimes (sporadic) during bootup (not more than once per day). It stays forever at the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen. A long press of the power button shuts down the device, then it immediatly comes up again to the stuck boot screen. Even ejecting the micro sd will not solve the problem.
Only going into the recovery mode, factory reset and format... will bring the device back to its normal state.
Then i am able to hear music for hours - up to the next device boot.

I did change two things in my setup during the last week:
1. i changed my music-db from mp3 to ogg/vorbis (about 9000 files).
2. i changed my sd card to a sandisc extreme 64GB.

Currently i am trying to isolate if this problem is related to the card/audioformat/hw, but because of it's sporadic behaviour this could take a while.

I could not see any similar postings in this thread (but it is a long thread, so maybe i've overseen it :)) - did i hit a known issue? Maybe i've been the first one using ogg/vorbis? :/

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #1,151 of 1,212
i have a unlikely issue with my DX50, V1.2.8:

Since a few days my DX50 stucks sometimes (sporadic) during bootup (not more than once per day). It stays forever at the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen. A long press of the power button shuts down the device, then it immediatly comes up again to the stuck boot screen. Even ejecting the micro sd will not solve the problem.
Only going into the recovery mode, factory reset and format... will bring the device back to its normal state.
Then i am able to hear music for hours - up to the next device boot.

I did change two things in my setup during the last week:
1. i changed my music-db from mp3 to ogg/vorbis (about 9000 files).
2. i changed my sd card to a sandisc extreme 64GB.

Currently i am trying to isolate if this problem is related to the card/audioformat/hw, but because of it's sporadic behaviour this could take a while.

I could not see any similar postings in this thread (but it is a long thread, so maybe i've overseen it :)) - did i hit a known issue? Maybe i've been the first one using ogg/vorbis? :/

At this juncture it's always we have seen it before very rarely it's a new issue just because there have been quite a few DX50 owners who tried pretty much everything.

Start with removing the external card as an issue, for that copy some of your ogg files into a directory in the internal memory, do not add the external microSD card. Then perform the same playing exercise as above and see if it happens, it could well be your external card that is the issue. Them device a test plan to eliminate one variable at a time until you find the root cause.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,152 of 1,212
Start with removing the external card as an issue, for that copy some of your ogg files into a directory in the internal memory, do not add the external microSD card. Then perform the same playing exercise as above and see if it happens, it could well be your external card that is the issue. Them device a test plan to eliminate one variable at a time until you find the root cause.

tnx for your reply. I forgot to mention that i've been using an sandisc Ultra 64GB the weeks before i've changed to the extreme (and did not have any issues with it - but it has been on mp3). So at a first step i'll copy the whole ogg files on this old card to get an identical file set and give it a try.

Next step would be the mp3 fileset on the sandisc extreme.

During reformatting of the Ultra i could see that it has another cluster size (128k bs 256k). Maybe i will give this also a try.

I'll keep you informed when i have any news. :)

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,153 of 1,212
to give a short intermediate feedback: Switching back to my first sdhc-card (with the ogg-files copied onto it) did not resolve the problem, after a few days the system hang again during startup.
My next step is to give it a try with the files in aac-format (filenames are the same).

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #1,154 of 1,212
Hi, 
I bought my dx50 last month, but now its not charging / being detected on my laptop, anyone faced this issue before? 

Yes, I had my one hour dx50 die completely. I had received it and used it for an hour with no problems. Went back to it at night looking forward to a session and it was dead. DX50 refused to turn on, charge, connect and wasn't recognised by laptop or PC i device manager. Just completely dead - and the battery was roasting hot even though it wasn't on charge or used. Very strange,

On an additional note, has anyone had their DX50 reinstall its drivers every time it's connected to a laptop or PC. The initial installation was successful and both root and sd card folders are visible and working. However, say I safely remove the player then reconnect it immediately everything is ok. The problem starts when I leave it for a day or so, reconnect the player, it reinstalls its drivers every single time?

Device manager is ok, no USB problems, no errors.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #1,155 of 1,212
I've tried that and pulling the battery, but it still shows the black screen as soon as it starts up. The iBasso logo doesn't show too. Recovery mode also gives me the black screen.

I got some similar issues with my dx50. Starting it gives a black screen, but the screen is still responsive to touch and the music plays. I could even turn it of in the normal way. When starting again the screen acts normal.
But i contacted my supplier with the strange behaviour and sent it in. They said it had something to do with the display and got another new dx50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back