DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Mar 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,126 of 1,212
My dx50 freezes at 0:18. i tried this with a few songs and it freezes every time. Reboot/factory reset/reflash fw didn't help.

faulty sd card?

Place some music on the internal memory of the dx and see if it works. If yes, get a new sd card

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #1,127 of 1,212
faulty sd card?

Place some music on the internal memory of the dx and see if it works. If yes, get a new sd card

wasn't the SD card. my dx50 works again, a simply reboot helped (but reflashing the FW and factory reset PLUS reboot did not, strange 
blink.gif
).
Are they going to release another Firmware Update soon? Seems like there are a few bugs left...

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,128 of 1,212
  I have the same issue of KT66 ; keep me updated please.
.. Moreover I can hear a 'click' sound when I turn off and I turn on the device .. I am pretty sure that this didn't happen till the last couple of days ..

An update..
I wrote to ibasso, and they told me that the click sounds are there by design .. so fine.

Changing the usb cable the other problem seems vanished... 

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,129 of 1,212
My skip button is dead, got in touch with iBasso they proposed to repair or change … I only own it for something like 3 weeks … Is the DX50 really solid ? I don't want to find myself "DAPless" in a year or so. I'm somewhere between pissed and anxious. Not to mention that I am in France and I will have to send it back to China. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #1,130 of 1,212
My skip button is dead, got in touch with iBasso they proposed to repair or change … I only own it for something like 3 weeks … Is the DX50 really solid ? I don't want to find myself "DAPless" in a year or so. I'm somewhere between pissed and anxious. Not to mention that I am in France and I will have to send it back to China. 

That stinks man. Sorry to hear that. I don't think many will be able to comment on the DX50s longevity as it hasn't even been out for a year!

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #1,131 of 1,212
That stinks man. Sorry to hear that. I don't think many will be able to comment on the DX50s longevity as it hasn't even been out for a year!

Thanks man, I remember I red a post with someone complaining with the same problem …
I think there is a lot of potential in this products but they have to do it right (meaning in the construction and the firmware). I'll keep you posted with the evolution.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #1,133 of 1,212
Just got a DX50 and only had my new work computer running so I loaded the stock Windows 7 sample songs in C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music to see if it worked. The Bob Acri song, "Sleep Away" was very distorted and the sample rate on the DX50 showed 32khz initially but then changed to 44 if I restarted the song (the distortion remained).  Anybody else seen this?

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,134 of 1,212
The lack of the ability to play the next album after the first has finished is really annoying.
There seems to be no option in settings to move on to the next album in alphabetic order.

Leaving me fiddling around in my pocket on a cold day which is annoying.
My cowan D2 could do this so i dont understand why this is omitted.

Has this been mentioned before on this massive wish list?

May 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #1,135 of 1,212
  OK the dx50 GUI is basically functional but it has some weird things going on and I'm trying to figure out what could be improved here, things we can suggest/encourage iBasso to implement. 

1) Able to drill down from Artist to Album list. 

2) Tracks in All Music, Artist, Album, and Genre sections are listed by File name instead of Title (from tags). I don't get this. Library should be all tag based outside of the Directory section.

3) Need some way super scroll through long lists of tracks, like 'grabbing the sidebar' along the right or lefthand edges of the screen

4) Text that is too long for one line should scroll .. i have DAPs from 10 years ago that do this

5) EQ - more than 6 steps up and down, ability to set custom EQ bands (ex. Rio Karma)

6) Long press on item starts that playing. Ex: choosing an Artist, Genre, Album, etc... instead of having to click through and start the first song in the list. Or long press on an item opens a context menu with "Play now / Enque next / Rate this / Delete / etc."

7) Search function - text search for tracks as shown in dx50 promo screens. Select characters with a basic onscreen keyboard.

8) Now Playing screen 
  - Make EQ activate and cycle through profiles by touching the left top corner (where the indicator appears now when the EQ is actived through Settings).
  - There has space for 3rd virtual button between MyMusic and Settings. Suggest making this a customizable function from a list of options in Settings

9) Bookmarking, automatic and manual

10) Able to delete or rate tracks. I like to download new music in bursts and then sort out what i want to keep later. 

11) copy tracks & folders to/from OTG device (or is this already possible?)

12) re-arrange tracks in playlist. Long hold on item to select for drag n drop?

13) better use of album art - larger display in Now Playing, behind the text, or touch the album art to show full screen.

14) Optional feature for crossfading tracks (ex. Rio Karma)

Also, the current option to set 5 or 10 second gap seems completely pointless, is there any use case? just make zero gap the default and get rid of this section in Settings

Hi just to check, has no. 2 in the quoted list been fixed in the latest firmware?

May 5, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #1,136 of 1,212
  The lack of the ability to play the next album after the first has finished is really annoying.
There seems to be no option in settings to move on to the next album in alphabetic order.

Leaving me fiddling around in my pocket on a cold day which is annoying.
My cowan D2 could do this so i dont understand why this is omitted.

Has this been mentioned before on this massive wish list?

Also surprised the DX50 doesn't do this as standard. I'm only using the built in 8GB memory so only have a handful of albums (24/96, 16/44 FLAC & mp3 selection) and have added all tracks to a playlist so the music will run through. It's not ideal way around it but that works, though it's going to be tedious doing that with a 64GB card. Trouble is, I have managed to get duplicate tracks on the playlist and I don't know if it's possible to remove them or even delete a playlist.
Should add, only day two of using the DAP, but no freezes, crashes or anything to get in the way of listening. 1.2.8 firmware.

May 13, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #1,138 of 1,212
Hi, i accidentally formatted my dx50 into mac os extended, thinking it was my thumb drive. Now, when i insert it into the computer, my mac doesn't recognise it thus i can't format it back to fat32. Help?

May 13, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #1,139 of 1,212
  Hi, i accidentally formatted my dx50 into mac os extended, thinking it was my thumb drive. Now, when i insert it into the computer, my mac doesn't recognise it thus i can't format it back to fat32. Help?

Additional information: it formats only recognises the usb input as a "charge". And yes i've turned the device on...

May 13, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #1,140 of 1,212
ok nvm fixed it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back