DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Feb 4, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,081 of 1,212
So that ^^ was the bug and the following is the wish:

If you (iBasso) could display what number out of selected playlist (be it album, folder, or playlist) is playing (e.g. I pick a 43 track playlist on the display would be "16 of 43" or something to that effect).

And if you could make the "Return" button just a wee bit bigger.

That is all

Thank you

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,082 of 1,212
MrLazyAnt
biggrin.gif

I think you got a lot of thread reading to do in the DX50 Thread, this subject got stretched beyond capacity. I am sure you should be able to find a remedy to your situation and if you can't the best advice is to send an email to iBasso support for issues or even suggestions, they are pretty good to provide you with a quick one or two phrase response.

Here is the link to the first page:

In any events, good luck with the DX50, it is a wonderful sounding player.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,083 of 1,212
  MrLazyAnt
biggrin.gif

I think you got a lot of thread reading to do in the DX50 Thread, this subject got stretched beyond capacity

In any events, good luck with the DX50, it is a wonderful sounding player.

I did a search for the word "scan" within this thread, couldn't find anything pertinent to the exact fault I am experiencing.

Thanks for the link, will check

It is indeed a wonderful sounding DAP. I even prefer it's pairing with my main 'phones to the ODAC+cMoyBB, or ODAC straight to Marantz amp for my speakers although I have to tame the trebles a little for that.

Thanks again =)

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #1,084 of 1,212
I do not know if it is a known issue, but my DX50 cannot play (respectively recognize) 24 bit / 48 kHz ALAC-files properly. For one thing, all my 16/44,1 ALACs are presented with the cover, which is not the case with the 24/48 ALACs.

For another thing, the player does not even recognize them as 24/48 ALACs but as 32 bit and 48 kHz …

Did anyone else notice something similar?

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #1,085 of 1,212
  I do not know if it is a known issue, but my DX50 cannot play (respectively recognize) 24 bit / 48 kHz ALAC-files properly. For one thing, all my 16/44,1 ALACs are presented with the cover, which is not the case with the 24/48 ALACs.

For another thing, the player does not even recognize them as 24/48 ALACs but as 32 bit and 48 kHz …

Did anyone else notice something similar?

yeah, I've noticed the same. everyone for that matter noticed the same :D

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #1,086 of 1,212
There is a bug that I've been aware of for some time, but it has started to bother me more now: it concerns .cue play with whole albums: when playing all music in a random shuffle, when the shuffle hits a song included in an album with a .cue file, the display shows the correct song, but what actually plays is the first song of the album, and not the one shown, and the progress indicator does not move. If you manually move the progress indicator by touching the screen, the right song (the one displayed) plays, and if one then hits the backward button, it will start from the beginning (which is the "fix" I've been using). This happens with both .flac and .ape whole albums.

I've already emailed iBasso about this, let's see if they will fix it in one of the future FWs (and let's hope that the FW will not sound worse than 1.2.8 
smile.gif
).

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,087 of 1,212
  For one thing, all my 16/44,1 ALACs are presented with the cover, which is not the case with the 24/48 ALACs.

I used the free app Tagr for Mac and loaded the cover into the .m4a files again—and now at least the cover is shown correctly!

I also noticed that apparently the DX50 does not recognize pictures with a CMYK color space—so I converted them into sRGB.

Edit: You have to connect the DX50, delete the tracks, disconnect it and let it scan the music again and finally connect it once more and retransfer the files in question. Otherwise the DX50 would't recognize the changes.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #1,088 of 1,212
what do you mean by "cover"?  The album art?  I haven't had any problems with any type of ALAC and album art when simply copying the artist folders from the iTunes library. 
Scott

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,090 of 1,212
  There is a bug that I've been aware of for some time, but it has started to bother me more now: it concerns .cue play with whole albums: when playing all music in a random shuffle, when the shuffle hits a song included in an album with a .cue file, the display shows the correct song, but what actually plays is the first song of the album, and not the one shown, and the progress indicator does not move. If you manually move the progress indicator by touching the screen, the right song (the one displayed) plays, and if one then hits the backward button, it will start from the beginning (which is the "fix" I've been using). This happens with both .flac and .ape whole albums.

I've already emailed iBasso about this, let's see if they will fix it in one of the future FWs (and let's hope that the FW will not sound worse than 1.2.8 
smile.gif
).

Also you can't play a .cue album from a different song than 1st.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #1,091 of 1,212

I would love it if the "back" and "home/now playing" buttons were just a wee bit bigger, as well as the scroll bar down the side. I'm skinny and I find them too small. I can only imagine how hard to use it might be for overweight people.

That and having an "All music" when you go into an artists data, and not being limited to any certain album. (eg, I navigate into "Shpongle" I am led to a list of albums. I would like to be able to lump them all together).

A "search" function would be amazing.

When in the "Now Playing" screen if you could link up directly to the Artist or Album playing by clicking on the name of the Album/Artist/Cover art, maybe with the option to turn that style of navigation off for those who don't want it.  
If it something which is likely to assist in battery life, then have the option to take away any visual embellishments of the "Now Playing" screen and/or Menu. Possibly a choice between 2-3 skins. (Original, Simple, and Dead Simple).

If the navigation were to stay the same as it was before it was turned off (i.e. If I was in the artists registry, inside "Kurbeats" inside "Folktronica", then turning the DAP back on would return me to where I was).

The ability to alter tags would be incredible
Now that I've made my complaints, I really like that when in the "All Music" directory, you can choose if it is Alphabetical, By artist, by album, or by date added. That is a great touch, so thank you iBasso for that.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #1,093 of 1,212
i just received my dx50. 
excited as a pig in poo, i inserted the micro sd card and turned on the unit. 
i expected the unit to start scanning the micro sd card as soon as it was powered on but nothing was happening. 

when i went to my music -> directory -> and chose SD card.  then the unit just freezes.  i turned off the unit, and tried again but the same thing happened. 

can anyone tell me what needs to be done for the unit to start scanning the micro sd card? 

fyi,
1. when i check the system info, it does recognize the micro sd card and even shows how much space is taken and empty. 
2. i transferred the music (flac & mp3) to micro sd card on my computer at home before i came to work where i received the unit. 

any advice and/or suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #1,094 of 1,212
  i just received my dx50. 
i expected the unit to start scanning the micro sd card as soon as it was powered on but nothing was happening. 

when i went to my music -> directory -> and chose SD card.  then the unit just freezes.  i turned off the unit, and tried again but the same thing happened. 

can anyone tell me what needs to be done for the unit to start scanning the micro sd card? 

fyi,
1. when i check the system info, it does recognize the micro sd card and even shows how much space is taken and empty. 
2. i transferred the music (flac & mp3) to micro sd card on my computer at home before i came to work where i received the unit. 

Not sure if this will help but try inserting the SD card after turning it on. It should prompt you to scan or not.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #1,095 of 1,212
  i just received my dx50. 

fyi,

You should reboot it : go to "advanced" etc : reboot (without the sd card)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back