DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Jan 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,067 of 1,212
I'm having the same issue my SD card 32gb is already in fat32 and it doesnt scan, i format it  on my cellphone first i put a few songs on it and it was scaned without a problem but after i put a few gb of songs the same problem happens... so unless you have any idea ill have to send it back =(

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,068 of 1,212
  I'm having the same issue my SD card 32gb is already in fat32 and it doesnt scan, i format it  on my cellphone first i put a few songs on it and it was scaned without a problem but after i put a few gb of songs the same problem happens... so unless you have any idea ill have to send it back =(

i would say format it on your pc with the fat32formatter software instead of using your phone to format...

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,071 of 1,212
fix the rubbish tagging system please.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #1,072 of 1,212
Another issue is if you are playing a .cue file it can't start playing from a different song than the first one. If you select the 4th one it starts playing the 1st.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,073 of 1,212
here is a simple program to format cards / disks to Fat32  (guiformat)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43xmbz902f4q50d/toformattoFat32.zip

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,074 of 1,212
Hey, I've got a strange bug to report.

When trying to play 'In the wee small hours of the morning' (Frank Sinatra) from the British 28cd box -> ripped to FLAC, the dx50 crashes when I try to play the first 7 songs.

I navigate: My Music -> Directory -> SD-card -> Album -> Song.
When playing song nr 8 it'll play and I can go backwards to song nr 1.
This crash doesn't happen if I navigate My Music -> Artist -> Album->Song and only if I go through directory.

I've re-ripped my CD, re-formatted the card (ex-fat) and copied the albums, factory reset, rescanned the card. Still the same problem.
All the other albums of this box play without issues.

Any thoughts about this?

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #1,075 of 1,212
I also have a 24/96 album that the player just does not like - I even resampled to a lower bitrate but it still form time to time stops playing ? Some weird obscure bug?

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #1,076 of 1,212
I hope that in a future firmware release can be provided a Menu command to start internal/external memory scan.

At present, as i have fixed contents on internal and microsd memory (new random contents on my Meenova), each time that i factory reset after upgrading i need to connect the DX50 to pc to trigger internal memory scanning after i disconnect it!

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #1,078 of 1,212
Hi,
now using Firmware 1.2.8. Player does not plays flacs with integrated covers anymore. Flacs without covers are playing fine.
When I try to play one of those flacs with cover I get to the play screen and there where the picture should be are some random colored pixel. Then the player freezes.
Who I should contact to provide some sample data?

Cheers,
John

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,079 of 1,212
Hi JohnDoe42,

You can try to send an email to Ibasso. But they're on holiday right now untill the 10th of Februari.

I must admit I can play flacs with integrated covers without any problems. Did you use mp3tag to integrate the covers?

Pieter

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,080 of 1,212
I recently purchased a DX50 from a fellow Head-fier, still under warranty (until September). Everything works fine besides one hiccup. Scanning. If I put 10.0 GB of music on the Micro SD, that it will read, but if I add more after the initial copying, even if the SD card hasn't been in the DAP yet, it won't read what's been copied onto that.

I shall, in due time, check if it isn't a faulty SD card, but have you heard of this bug before? Not only does it not scan it, it also makes it impossible for my computer to see it, even though the free memory indicates that the files are there. I have to format and copy a ton of music onto the SD card every time I want to update the content, and when it exceeds a threshold which I've yet to find, it will only scan some of it, "disappearing" the rest into a hidden state (more hidden than "view hidden files and folders").

Note, I got it with FW 1.2.6 and am now using FW 1.2.8. This occurred in both.

Twas the card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back