DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #2,312 of 3,609
Quote:
The UI looks gorgeous but why the heck are they wasting screen real estate to replicate the hardware buttons that are sitting there right under the screen?

No idea. Maybe they don't want to scare all the people who grew up with touchscreens?

How many buttons are there on the sides of the DX50? A "Hold" one and.....?

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #2,314 of 3,609
I emailed to ask about gapless playback of FLAC files without ID3 tags and here is ibasso's response:

"If your flac dont have the id3 tags you can still use the gapless function."

While I am relieved to hear this, I will remain skeptical until I see it for myself. I've been burned by too many Chinese DAPs to take anything at face value.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #2,317 of 3,609
Aug 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,321 of 3,609
That USB OTG feature is interesting. Can someone 'kindly' explain it to me how it works, what do I need and all? Will it be possible to put 500 gb of music? If it isn't becoming a huge thick combo I might really consider.

Still don't like the looking but we buy it daps for SQ and features not to look cool.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,323 of 3,609
I hope someone with an AK100 or RWA100 will be able to give us their honest view b/w their players against the DX50.  I'll do my part against my walkman.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #2,324 of 3,609
Quote:
That USB OTG feature is interesting. Can someone 'kindly' explain it to me how it works, what do I need and all? Will it be possible to put 500 gb of music? If it isn't becoming a huge thick combo I might really consider.

Still don't like the looking but we buy it daps for SQ and features not to look cool.

Take a look @ the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

Basically, the device in addition to just being a usb device that interfaces with a USB host (aka hooking it up to a computer), it can act as a host by itself....that means yes you can attach hard drives to it and as long as the current provided by the usb port from the dx50 is enough to spin the said drive, you can read the hard drive assuming it's a standardized format.  I would think the to go 1 tb drives that don't require an external ac adapter should work ok....hate to see what that does to battery life though.
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2,325 of 3,609
what is pre-order price? some discount? how or where or who i contact for placing my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back