DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 18, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #2,116 of 3,609
@ Theta Alpha 1:          I think you're overlooking a very important factor.

There is a distinction between a 'DAP' and an audiophile DAP. The Chinese marketplace is absolutely awash with cheap DAPs with impressive-looking 'gizmo specs' but that's not what we're discussing, here in an iBasso DAP thread.

As we see in, for example, Apple DAPs, they don't give a damn about capacity for ALAC files, since the majority of their custimers, across the globe, are using highly-compressed .aac offerings from the iTunes store.

And the DX50 is at an awkward place in the market, price-wise, since it is almost a mainstream price, and thus there will be many potential DX50 customers who may like to explore something 'a bit better' than the mass-market DAP offerings, but who have almost their entire music collection in highly-compressed mp3 or .aac format. For this kind of customer, a 64gb MicroSD card will easily cover most of their music collection.

But for those of us who understand the SQ difference of very high bitrate files, preferably lossless (ALAC, FLAC, APE etc.), 64gb is absurdly small.  That's why Fiio are being very sensible by offering a single card slot on their relatively mainstream (but decent SQ) X3, but on their forthcoming X5, which is aimed at serious audiophiles, they will be implementing card slots, so users can have 128gb (2 x 64gb) without too much concern, and then 256gb (2 x 128gb) sometime towards the end of 2014.

Sadly I don't know of a single one here in Europe.
Sure, there are some shops that sell iBasso products but none of them is an official distributor.
Even Aurisonics is getting one here in Europe...nothing against Aurisonics :p

I quoted the wrong post ^o^

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #2,117 of 3,609
Sure, there are some shops that sell iBasso products but none of them is an official distributor.

At least in Australia there is Addicted To Audio.

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,118 of 3,609
Quote:

In Europe, Germany has iBasso DX100 and DX50 for preordering.

http://www.mp4audio.de/index.php/digital-audio-player/ibasso-audio.html

As usual, Eu price is...... Well I rather not to speak.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2,119 of 3,609
Quote:
In Europe, Germany has iBasso DX100 and DX50 for preordering.

http://www.mp4audio.de/index.php/digital-audio-player/ibasso-audio.html

As usual, Eu price is...... Well I rather not to speak.

I knew mp4audio would be the first to have the DX50 on their website!
Meh, I think I will rather go through all the hassle and order from iBasso directly, instead of paying like 30% more than the rest of the world....

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #2,121 of 3,609
Quote:
Meh, I think I will rather go through all the hassle and order from iBasso directly, instead of paying like 30% more than the rest of the world....

If you have to pay customs, it will be more or less same price I guess. Also if you happen to have a problem, you won't have to send it back to iBasso. Germany will be sufficient.

Oh I don't want to sound like I am supporting that price, I def. hate it. It is just, it has its own advantage.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #2,122 of 3,609
Quote:

Well, honestly if the DX50 is like 260 bucks and you pay 40 bucks for the shipping from ibasso that's already $300 and as it will be express shipping these packages get checked 99% of the time, so you'll pay 20% for taxes and in the end you'll save 30 euro at the most, so you will save a little bit but not having a warranty service at hand if something happens will be a risk.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2,123 of 3,609
Quote:
Where could we order it in the US? I couldnt find any info about where to buy the DX50...

You got to go through iBasso website, there is no distributors in the US unless it has been added recently (very surprised if it has). It will cost you approx. 32$ to get it shipped to your house.

Order it here: www.iBasso.com

Cheers :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,125 of 3,609
Ordering from iBasso is just fine with me, it's a pain return things but it works so for that amount of money , I'll wait a few days to order.
L3000.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #2,127 of 3,609
I'm in a bit of a tricky situation ATM: I must choose DX50 or Centrance M8. Decisions, decision, decisions...

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #2,128 of 3,609
Quote:
But will the DX50 come in at $230 or $270?  That price difference pays for a 64gb micro sd card.  The $230 price would put it much closer to the Fiio X3 which is more widely available.  With ibasso you also have to factor in shipping costs and the DHL/FedEx scam tax when they 'process' it in customs.

agree'd I might swtich to only a 32gb card to keep it under 300 total 

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #2,129 of 3,609
299 Euro... That's a bit more than what i expected... if it can reach the same level of stability in terms of UI, OS, build quality etc as AK100, I will buy it without hesitation... DAPs like 901, dx100 are absolutely junk.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,130 of 3,609
Quote:
299 Euro... That's a bit more than what i expected... if it can reach the same level of stability in terms of UI, OS, build quality etc as AK100, I will buy it without hesitation... DAPs like 901, dx100 are absolutely junk.

DX100=ToTL DAP from iBasso. If you weren't happy with the Dx100's BQ, then their mid level DAP definitely won't be up to your exacting standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back