DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #1,636 of 3,609
20 hours without swapping batteries would be awesome.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,637 of 3,609
Quote:

Robert Harley doesn't make any very convincing points. He refutes a couple poor studies among many better ones, and offers none of his own. The doctor Terje makes some very good points about how the act of seeing affects endorphins in the brain. Medicine is a good analogy. Nothing would ever be proven effective or approved legally without double blind studies proving that a medicine works without people having to look at it first. Are we listening with our ears or our eyes? 

I think making a claim like hearing a difference between v0 and 320 mp3s is just as rude as asking for the claimant to prove their statement with a DBT. It insults our intelligence in my humble opinion. Obtaining proof would be such a trivial thing to do, and it is never done. Just identify when a track is v0 and when one is 320 without looking at the answer. Is there a legitimate reason why this can't be done? 

Anyway do we have a price on the DX-50 yet? 

Rude? When have I ever told anyone what they could or couldn't hear? I don't think you understand the term. So I should lie about my personal experience instead. Got it. If you don't hear the same thing, good for you, save the space but don't tell me what I hear. It's compressed stuff and really not that important to me. I personally don't use either 320 or V0 so I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm sure on most popular recordings you're probably correct. Look, I didn't start this nonsense. Besides giving my personal results which I've never said is right for everyone, I simply tell folks to come to their own conclusions and for some reason that's never good enough. You guys should just chill and stop telling everyone what they can and can't hear. 

The zealots have turned a friendly discussion between Achmedisdead and myself into another antagonistic witch hunt. I won't comment further and hope this thread can get back on track.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,639 of 3,609
Quote:

The zealots have turned a friendly discussion between Achmedisdead and myself into another antagonistic witch hunt. I won't comment further and hope this thread can get back on track.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #1,640 of 3,609
You know guys not to sound like a jerk but this argument could have easily been ignored by simply hitting the red flag and asking a MOD to delete the offending comment due to it being off topic. Also, when you feed trolls not only do they hang around but you invite others to join in. You only have to use the ignore feature and you won't have to see the troll again. All trolls want is a 10 page debate involving half true scientific facts and silly blind tests. The ignore button guys, use it more and 90% of these threads wouldn't be derailed.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,641 of 3,609
Actually if the DX50 uses the S3 batteries as listed, then I hope iBasso will included an extended battery cover. I would love to add a 4000-6000 mAh extended battery to get the DAP to run over 20 hours without swapping batteries. I know the trade-off is increase size, but it would be worth it.    

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,642 of 3,609
Since we're back on track, I deeply believe that DX50 will last 12 hrs or so. But even if it doesn't, well, swappable batteries are a big + in my book. Don't have anything against WM8740 as well. But I really hope that UI will be good. Got used to rockboxed stuff (got dyiMod and MA9), and I really hope that soon someone will write it for DX50, but that's optimistic version AFAIK. Heard somewhere that doing it for touchscreen DAP-s is pain in the a**. Anyone can confirm that?

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #1,643 of 3,609
Quote:
You know guys not to sound like a jerk but this argument could have easily been ignored by simply hitting the red flag and asking a MOD to delete the offending comment due to it being off topic. Also, when you feed trolls not only do they hang around but you invite others to join in. You only have to use the ignore feature and you won't have to see the troll again. All trolls want is a 10 page debate involving half true scientific facts and silly blind tests. The ignore button guys, use it more and 90% of these threads wouldn't be derailed.

You're right but I don't think they're trolls and don't want ignore them simply because we disagree. I don't think anyone should dictate what we can hear so I respond. This will be more on topic.

When it comes to portable audio, I can see how some of this may not be important depending on use. Format may not be the weakest link in a DAP and IEMs or even in many home setups, especially when on the go.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,644 of 3,609
Quote:
Actually if the DX50 uses the S3 batteries as listed, then I hope iBasso will included an extended battery cover. I would love to add a 4000-6000 mAh extended battery to get the DAP to run over 20 hours without swapping batteries. I know the trade-off is increase size, but it would be worth it.    

There will probably be a mod for that someday.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #1,646 of 3,609
Aug 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,647 of 3,609
Quote:
I got a really dumb question...Is there any difference/advantage/disadvantage of DX50 against the Fiio X3 at this point? They seem very similar to me...same DAC, same onboard memory.

The main difference I see is that the X3 is cheaper (and is out now).

Since the DAC's are the same, does that likely mean the sound will be similar between both?

My opinion is that the DX50 is going to be much better sounding. The X3 isn't bad and is a nice dap but sound quality could be much better and that is where I believe the DX50 will shine. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,650 of 3,609
Quote:

Why do you say this? 

Oh, he knows. X3 sounds so-so at best thanks to stock op-amp. Not blown away as well, and I have X3, dyiMod and couple more. And I agree, X3 sounds nice, but it's nothing groundbreaking. Still, bang for buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back