DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Feb 10, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #1,351 of 1,447
I'm getting delayed about 0.5sec sound when using as desktop DAC which makes it not suitable for gaming :frowning2:
Maxwells the cheap option and IMO really good value for gaming. Sound great, easy to setup different profiles etc. Only other option is proper desktop stack. Having said that, the MUB1 has near zero delay and would do the job nicely, I use it with Z1r and it's spot on for Netflix etc and no notable lag in CODM.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #1,352 of 1,447
Tried my Fiio M15 for desktop mode and fortunately I didn't encounter any noticeable lag. Gonna go ahead and sell my RME ADI-2.

I also tested Meze upgrade SPC cable 4.4mm with my Empyrean (looks like 8 wire 26awg). The dx320max powers it fine but I think the cable is bottlenecking it. I had a much thicker XLR cable back (4 wire 19awg) then and bass was sufficient. Vs the RME using IEM, I definitely get better bass on the 320max but I don't notice it on the Empy. So I think I'm going to continue selling the Empy as I dont want to really spend more than $300 on cables for it.

Doggo is back and I decided to walk with the dx320max. It's walkable but a bit bothersome on my leg so tomorrow I'll use a hoodie with a big front pocket.

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #1,353 of 1,447
Tried my Fiio M15 for desktop mode and fortunately I didn't encounter any noticeable lag. Gonna go ahead and sell my RME ADI-2.

I also tested Meze upgrade SPC cable 4.4mm with my Empyrean (looks like 8 wire 26awg). The dx320max powers it fine but I think the cable is bottlenecking it. I had a much thicker XLR cable back (4 wire 19awg) then and bass was sufficient. Vs the RME using IEM, I definitely get better bass on the 320max but I don't notice it on the Empy. So I think I'm going to continue selling the Empy as I dont want to really spend more than $300 on cables for it.

Doggo is back and I decided to walk with the dx320max. It's walkable but a bit bothersome on my leg so tomorrow I'll use a hoodie with a big front pocket.

Ya the lag on my M15S is pretty low too. Much better than iBasso products in that aspect.

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #1,355 of 1,447

Somebody posted a link to a small slung pouch a few days ago, looks ideal for dog walking!

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #1,356 of 1,447
Going round in circles trying to decide if I should get a 320M or stick with my Hugo 2 for usage with high-tier IEMs and headphones such as Atrium Closed and D8000 Pro. For anyone that has both, or can comment as to comparisons, would be appreciated.

If it is much of a muchness I will probably do the boring thing and stick with the Hugo 2, and then probably check myself in to see a doctor for finally doing the smart, cost-effective and sane move in this rabbit-hole of a hobby as at that point I would consider there to be something wrong with me :)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #1,357 of 1,447
Going round in circles trying to decide if I should get a 320M or stick with my Hugo 2 for usage with high-tier IEMs and headphones such as Atrium Closed and D8000 Pro. For anyone that has both, or can comment as to comparisons, would be appreciated.

If it is much of a muchness I will probably do the boring thing and stick with the Hugo 2, and then probably check myself in to see a doctor for finally doing the smart, cost-effective and sane move in this rabbit-hole of a hobby as at that point I would consider there to be something wrong with me :)
Ive never heard Hugo 2 but I can comment regarding usage like do you move around often or stay at your desk all the time? Hugo you can connect to your phone or get the wireless part so it's still quite mobile but there's that hassle of connecting and disconnecting frequently from your pc and phone. I had a Mojo but sold it recently because although it's my best sounding dac at that time it was such a hassle to use. By the way, 320max is unusable for gaming (as desktop dac) due to delay.

I am selling my desktop setup because now I appreciate hifi wherever I go, so DAP has been a game changer for me. I do have an extra DAP though that I'm using more in desktop mode due to 320max delay and as backup if the 320max is charging or too big to carry for specific chores. But it also depends from a financial perspective. If you have to sell hugo2 to get a 320max and you play pc games then stick to hugo2 (unless you buy a cheaper desktop dac along with the 320max). If you can afford without selling hugo2, imo go for it. Best DAP I've heard and true end game for me. But I think if you go down this hole you'd get tempted to find end game IEM too (idk what you have)

Feb 11, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #1,358 of 1,447
Ive never heard Hugo 2 but I can comment regarding usage like do you move around often or stay at your desk all the time? Hugo you can connect to your phone or get the wireless part so it's still quite mobile but there's that hassle of connecting and disconnecting frequently from your pc and phone. I had a Mojo but sold it recently because although it's my best sounding dac at that time it was such a hassle to use. By the way, 320max is unusable for gaming (as desktop dac) due to delay.

I am selling my desktop setup because now I appreciate hifi wherever I go, so DAP has been a game changer for me. I do have an extra DAP though that I'm using more in desktop mode due to 320max delay and as backup if the 320max is charging or too big to carry for specific chores. But it also depends from a financial perspective. If you have to sell hugo2 to get a 320max and you play pc games then stick to hugo2 (unless you buy a cheaper desktop dac along with the 320max). If you can afford without selling hugo2, imo go for it. Best DAP I've heard and true end game for me. But I think if you go down this hole you'd get tempted to find end game IEM too (idk what you have)

The placement would be fixed, the Hugo 2 sits on my desk and doesn't move as I work from home four days a week. The 320M looks to me to be an elegant solution, capable of driving most IEMs and headphones to good effect, and has the 4.4mm port the Hugo 2 is so badly missing. As to whether or not it is a sound advancement or backstep against the Hugo 2 is hard to gauge from reading numerous threads. But no, the fact its transportable is a nice-to-have rather than a necessity for my use case.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #1,360 of 1,447
Feb 11, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #1,362 of 1,447
Feb 15, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #1,363 of 1,447
Really tempted by this unit but I don't know how well it would fit my music style (power / symphonic / heavy metal and quite a bit of movie watching). I'm considering the Diana Mr, the Utopia 22 or D8000pro LE for open headphones and maybe Fei Wan for IEMs, which the DCA E3 or Atrium closed xould complete for closed back at a later point. Do you guys think this DX320 max would be a good choice for my music genres or would the 1ZM2 / AK SE300 / N30LE / E7 would be better choices?
Also two more questions : can it play Apple Music and can it remain purely sedentary, like a desktop all-in-one by deactivating battery charging like some others do?
Thanks in advance!

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #1,364 of 1,447
Really tempted by this unit but I don't know how well it would fit my music style (power / symphonic / heavy metal and quite a bit of movie watching). I'm considering the Diana Mr, the Utopia 22 or D8000pro LE for open headphones and maybe Fei Wan for IEMs, which the DCA E3 or Atrium closed xould complete for closed back at a later point. Do you guys think this DX320 max would be a good choice for my music genres or would the 1ZM2 / AK SE300 / N30LE / E7 would be better choices?
Also two more questions : can it play Apple Music and can it remain purely sedentary, like a desktop all-in-one by deactivating battery charging like some others do?
Thanks in advance!
You are talking about music with a lot of dynamics and the MAX has that and it doesn't collapse with loud passages and stays musical. It goes into trickle charge or you can set it to 80% charge and it won't charge past that. It has quality power for the Utopia and the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back