DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Nov 23, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #10,156 of 10,343
Hello everyone.
Is there any possibility of getting an additional AMP12/AMP14 LM (DX320X) faceplate? I sold my AMP14 with the LM faceplate by mistake and the buyer refuses to return it to me.
Thank you.

Greetings

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #10,157 of 10,343
Hello everyone.
Is there any possibility of getting an additional AMP12/AMP14 LM (DX320X) faceplate? I sold my AMP14 with the LM faceplate by mistake and the buyer refuses to return it to me.
Thank you.

Greetings
Wow, that sucks, such a shame. Try to contact @Paul - iBasso
You can buy my dx320x 🌚🙃

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #10,158 of 10,343
I'm sure this has been asked before but I thought I'd give it a shot...
Has anyone had battery level problems with the standard 320?
My D-battery is all over the place. I purchased the device used from a fellow HeadFier many months ago and it was performing wonderfully. But since the school year started, I haven't had time to enjoy the device, so I've only powered it on every other month or so. The last few times it gave me a battery level issue but not too crazy.
But last night was wild. I put it to charge while it was off to see if it had any power. It said A-100 D-99. So power it on, and the D level starts at 80%. From there it starts dropping a percent about every 30 seconds until it stops around 72%. I then decide to start listening to something quick. After about 2 songs I turn the screen back on, and now it is at 45%. I plug the cable to charge while listening to see if it helps. For about 10 minutes the level does not move from 45. So I unplug the cable, and now it starts dipping again but this time every second! It finally stops at 30%. From there I plug the cable again and this time it actually charges normally and goes up about 2% in a little while. But by then it was late at night and I turned off the device.
Has anyone had any similar problems or any advice?
(Keep in mind I am not stressing the system. I listen with IEMs in medium gain at about 10-25 volume. And I am currently using Amp14. And also, the Amp battery never drops below 98%.)

Update: this morning I connected the charger while powered off and it is still A-100 D-30 like last night, so I asume the system is recognizing the correct level at this time.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #10,159 of 10,343
My D-battery is all over the place. I purchased the device used from a fellow HeadFier many months ago and it was performing wonderfully. But since the school year started, I haven't had time to enjoy the device, so I've only powered it on every other month or so. The last few times it gave me a battery level issue but not too crazy.
But last night was wild. I put it to charge while it was off to see if it had any power. It said A-100 D-99. So power it on, and the D level starts at 80%. From there it starts dropping a percent about every 30 seconds until it stops around 72%. I then decide to start listening to something quick. After about 2 songs I turn the screen back on, and now it is at 45%. I plug the cable to charge while listening to see if it helps. For about 10 minutes the level does not move from 45. So I unplug the cable, and now it starts dipping again but this time every second! It finally stops at 30%. From there I plug the cable again and this time it actually charges normally and goes up about 2% in a little while. But by then it was late at night and I turned off the device.
(Keep in mind I am not stressing the system. I listen with IEMs in medium gain at about 10-25 volume. And I am currently using Amp14. And also, the Amp battery never drops below 98%.)

Update: this morning I connected the charger while powered off and it is still A-100 D-30 like last night, so I asume the system is recognizing the correct level at this time.
You most likely need to replace the batteries. I use the battery saver on mine so it only charges to 80% and for the long run, that will get the most out of the battery. My Supra does the same, only charges to 80%.

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #10,160 of 10,343

Without more data, and at first glance, it looks like the D battery is going bad. Though, you could let it drain to 0% (until it shuts off on its own, which doesn't mean "actual" 0%), and then recharge it to full before using it again. This is sometimes necessary with the android system to regain its proper "calibration" for correct visual display of remaining charge percentage. Keep in mind that discharging it to what android says is 0%, is not true 0% because if you did discharge it to actual 0% (with any lithium batteries) they would never work again, even if they were brand new. All devices that use a lithium battery have a safety circuit that will not allow it to drain completely. When it says 0%, that means it is at its lowest limit for safety and health of the battery.

Also, did you do a full factory reset, and clear all cache? There could have been some rogue app that didn't get cleaned off of the system. This might be a PITA, but it is a much easier process than changing batteries, and it still might do it afterwards (though less likely).

And if you DO use your DX at least every week, enough to drain to less than 90-100%, limiting your charge to 80% does absolutely nothing to help/hinder your battery life. Limiting the charge to 80% is only useful for if you leave it plugged in more than you use it on battery (like you might a laptop that is docked as a desktop, or the like), or if you leave it charged to full without using it for extended periods. On the other hand, if you don't use it for a month or more, you actually want to leave the battery at 50% charge (it can then be stored for up to 5 years with no adverse effects).

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #10,161 of 10,343
Without more data, and at first glance, it looks like the D battery is going bad. Though, you could let it drain to 0% (until it shuts off on its own, which doesn't mean "actual" 0%), and then recharge it to full before using it again. This is sometimes necessary with the android system to regain its proper "calibration" for correct visual display of remaining charge percentage. Keep in mind that discharging it to what android says is 0%, is not true 0% because if you did discharge it to actual 0% (with any lithium batteries) they would never work again, even if they were brand new. All devices that use a lithium battery have a safety circuit that will not allow it to drain completely. When it says 0%, that means it is at its lowest limit for safety and health of the battery.

Also, did you do a full factory reset, and clear all cache? There could have been some rogue app that didn't get cleaned off of the system. This might be a PITA, but it is a much easier process than changing batteries, and it still might do it afterwards (though less likely).

And if you DO use your DX at least every week, enough to drain to less than 90-100%, limiting your charge to 80% does absolutely nothing to help/hinder your battery life. Limiting the charge to 80% is only useful for if you leave it plugged in more than you use it on battery (like you might a laptop that is docked as a desktop, or the like), or if you leave it charged to full without using it for extended periods. On the other hand, if you don't use it for a month or more, you actually want to leave the battery at 50% charge (it can then be stored for up to 5 years with no adverse effects).
Studies have shown otherwise. That going up to 80% and then to around 15 to 20% extends the life of the battery. I have been doing it for some time with very good results.

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #10,162 of 10,343
Studies have shown otherwise. That going up to 80% and then to around 15 to 20% extends the life of the battery. I have been doing it for some time with very good results.
I would agree that only discharging to 15 to 20% will indeed increase the overall life of the battery but limiting it to 80% if you are using the device frequently, limits the amount of time you can use the device but does nothing to increase the overall battery life (though it also doesn't hinder the battery's overall life cycle either). I would agree; though, with limiting the charge if you don't use the device frequently, or if you use it frequently while plugged in.

But, whatever works for you is to the good, and I am sincerely glad it works for you. As for myself, adhering to the general "rules" I mentioned, I have been able to get use out of devices for many more years than they were probably meant for (i.e. Surface Pro 2017 = 6 years and still going strong, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 = 9 years still providing up to 4 hours charge, RC car batteries = 10 years with plenty of charge to finish an official race, etc...). I limit the discharge, but not the charge amount. If I am not going to use them for a time, I will discharge them to 50%. And as an added bonus, in the off season for the RC car batteries, I will store them at 50% and keep them in the refrigerator (they prefer the cold, though don't do this with electronic devices, just the batteries). The same goes for my rechargeable power tool batteries. I still have and use the original batteries that came with them from 12 years ago (surprisingly).

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #10,163 of 10,343
I would agree that only discharging to 15 to 20% will indeed increase the overall life of the battery but limiting it to 80% if you are using the device frequently, limits the amount of time you can use the device but does nothing to increase the overall battery life (though it also doesn't hinder the battery's overall life cycle either). I would agree; though, with limiting the charge if you don't use the device frequently, or if you use it frequently while plugged in.

But, whatever works for you is to the good, and I am sincerely glad it works for you. As for myself, adhering to the general "rules" I mentioned, I have been able to get use out of devices for many more years than they were probably meant for (i.e. Surface Pro 2017 = 6 years and still going strong, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 = 9 years still providing up to 4 hours charge, RC car batteries = 10 years with plenty of charge to finish an official race, etc...). I limit the discharge, but not the charge amount. If I am not going to use them for a time, I will discharge them to 50%. And as an added bonus, in the off season for the RC car batteries, I will store them at 50% and keep them in the refrigerator (they prefer the cold, though don't do this with electronic devices, just the batteries). The same goes for my rechargeable power tool batteries. I still have and use the original batteries that came with them from 12 years ago (surprisingly).
For storing a device, I find it very important to store at around 80%. For other purposes, like I mentioned. I have a DX50 that I use and the battery is over 10 years old and still stores like new. I have a small dac that was made around 2009, battery still good.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #10,164 of 10,343
Hello everyone.
Thank you.

Greetings
IBASSO is missing in action... I have sent several emails to iBasso requesting a simple response and they have ignored me.
As they say around here "IT SUCKS"

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #10,165 of 10,343
IBASSO is missing in action... I have sent several emails to iBasso requesting a simple response and they have ignored me.
I don’t know about the lack of communication, but I can tell you that extra LM faceplates are highly unlikely. @Paul - iBasso mentioned in correspondence that there was a high product rejection rate due to poor quality for the LM products and spares will be unlikely.

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #10,166 of 10,343
I am not sure what email address you were using but I haven't received any emails about this. I don't think we have any liquid metal face plates but what one is it you are needing? You can email me at paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 30, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #10,169 of 10,343
I can't connect mi DX320 to my car (Ford Escape) with usb using Android Auto, it doesn't work. Anyone have any tip to fix this? My Samsung S23U works perfect using the same cable
I would try an OTG cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back