DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #9,467 of 10,359
The funny thing is that their even older DAPS use the standard we all know. That picture i posted is from the FiiO X5. The change was made with the FiiO XIII 2 which I also have the cable for, and does not work. It has always annoyed me to have to change this adapter when changing DAPs. So, the TRRS adapter didn't work for the X5, but did for the XIII 2, and the other cable was vice versa (the opposite).
Yeah, Fiio X5iii uses the 4 pole. I have that DAP and still use it sometimes as a transport from it's digital coax out. I built a couple digital coax cables so I didn't have to use the adapter and/or swap cables between a couple of DAC's. It's a real b*tch to wire up the connectors with center conductor to sleeve and shield to Ring 2 to match the FIIO wiring. That's how I wired them but I know it works in reverse because I built a test cable wired the more logical way (shield to sleeve, center conductor to ring 2) and it still worked just fine. Couldn't hear any audible difference either. But being OCD, I built the actual cables I use wired the same way that FIIO did it. I still curse Fiio for that ...

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #9,468 of 10,359
Yeah, Fiio X5iii uses the 4 pole. I have that DAP and still use it sometimes as a transport from it's digital coax out. I built a couple digital coax cables so I didn't have to use the adapter and/or swap cables between a couple of DAC's. It's a real b*tch to wire up the connectors with center conductor to sleeve and shield to Ring 2 to match the FIIO wiring. That's how I wired them but I know it works in reverse because I built a test cable wired the more logical way (shield to sleeve, center conductor to ring 2) and it still worked just fine. Couldn't hear any audible difference either. But being OCD, I built the actual cables I use wired the same way that FIIO did it. I still curse Fiio for that ...
Well, thankfully the X5 OG, had both coax and SPDIF out, which was (and probably still is) fairly rare on a portable. It it held a bigger card, I might still use it for a transport.

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #9,469 of 10,359
AMP13 really pairs well with bright earphones. I gave the IT05 a spin last night with the stock silver filter on, and wow, this combo really did well in taming some of flaws inherent in IT05 like the slightly nasal and tinny vocals as well as thin bass and glare up top.

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #9,470 of 10,359
338817233_6615910068436564_912239666959477039_n.jpg

Finally.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #9,473 of 10,359
Hi everybody. New Ibasso DX320 owner here!

I must say I am very happy with the sound of the device compared to Fiio M11 Plus, but not so happy with what appears to be SW bugs. I am using latest version of FW.

First, it happened to me twice, that touchscreen stopped responding (in both cases after copying larger amount of content to SD card) and I had to reset the device. Device was in those cases quite warm to the touch (temp reading was ~45°C. Measured with "Simple system monitor"). What is normal operating temp of your devices while playing music?

I enabled battery saver mode and today, when I left it on charger turned on (with roughly 20% charge left), it was switched off when I returned. Digital battery was charged to 100 % and analog to 84%.

Is there some setting that I don’t know of, that turns device off after inactivity or was this device crash?

Does battery saver prevent charging to go over 80% when device is turned off?

Did you observe some similar issues with your DX320?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #9,477 of 10,359
Just to complete the conversation, @Paul - iBasso sent me the replacement amp14 and everything is flawless now. I have to give respect to his and iBasso customer service. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back