DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Mar 6, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #9,091 of 10,347
And the firmware signature sound change strikes again ... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attachments

• dr-evil-mike-myers.gif
    dr-evil-mike-myers.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #9,092 of 10,347
Interesting. So the sound changes with firmware updates may be more related to the update process rather than the firmware itself.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #9,094 of 10,347
i downloaded it, when i do local update it says FAiled to install update package ! ..anyone facing same issue?
Maybe you didn’t have 2.05 installed in advance?
I had no issues putting the zip file to the root folder and performing the local update yesterday

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #9,097 of 10,347
Not only Ibasso has firmware that effects sound, Sony does too, but I think you will find people being more enthusiastic about it over here than anywhere else LOL

Depends, I think that if I or any others had this much noticeable signature change with "every" firmware on other players the same would be/or is said in other players forums as well.

For the record and in my opinion yes, other players have signature variations with updates. But in my use case I have not had any players i owned with this much varied change. I get it, there is a lot going on behind the scene especialy with android that may have an effect.

But it's good to have the chance to roll back firmware with ibasso if one wants to. Lots of other won't even allow you to go back.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #9,098 of 10,347
Depends, I think that if I or any others had this much noticeable signature change with "every" firmware on other players the same would be/or is said in other players forums as well.

For the record and in my opinion yes, other players have signature variations with updates. But in my use case I have not had any players i owned with this much varied change. I get it, there is a lot going on behind the scene especialy with android that may have an effect.

But it's good to have the chance to roll back firmware with ibasso if one wants to. Lots of other won't even allow you to go back.
That is precisely it, with my M2 Walkman, I can’t roll back =( and because of that, less complaints, and people have no say in the regard LOL

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #9,099 of 10,347
That is precisely it, with my M2 Walkman, I can’t roll back =( and because of that, less complaints, and people have no say in the regard LOL

Fair enough, without the roll back options of some players it would take our memory to notice the signature changes. And that can be effected by time. But with the firmware rolling one can flip back and forth minimizing time in memory to notice the difference sooner. Leading me and others to notice right away and speak on it.

I have learned now, not to rush out and update my players if I am happy where i am at. Unfortunatly at the cost of new features that i would need to pass up temporarily.

But this is the game right, good times!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #9,100 of 10,347
You can use the 660 Tool to roll back using a PC. But most of the time current firmwares work fine for me. The tool is on the first page of this thread.

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #9,102 of 10,347
Part of the reason I sold my ZX300 was because I got so into firmware rolling that I kind of ruined the sound for myself and couldn't get it back to the one I most preferred, with all the various options that are available with the Mr Walkman firmwares, I somehow could not find the exact configuration I preferred the most at the beginning after I began playing with it. Too many variables!

Meanwhile, as absolutely amazing the 320 sounds, I decided it's too much for me to invest in a single portable device. I'm selling mine to a friend and picked up a used 240 with an amp 8 mk 2 for a reasonable price, so once this ships out I'll no longer be part of the 320 club. It was wonderful to hear it though, even for a short time.

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #9,103 of 10,347
Which of the factory resets is regarded as sufficient After firmware update?
- reset app-data
- complete reset with deletion of all data

Whatsoever, I ve done the big reset and now also enjoying the Amp14 another time, no idea if it’s bias or not 😉

This album is absolutely stunning, airy, atmospheric, lingering vocal’s and nice weight.
Couldn’t stop listening until the very end

Attachments

• 35E3EF92-AEC1-4BEA-A901-D904F63E7B00.jpeg
    35E3EF92-AEC1-4BEA-A901-D904F63E7B00.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #9,104 of 10,347
Which of the factory resets is regarded as sufficient After firmware update?
- reset app-data
- complete reset with deletion of all data

Whatsoever, I ve done the big reset and now also enjoying the Amp14 another time, no idea if it’s bias or not 😉

This album is absolutely stunning, airy, atmospheric, lingering vocal’s and nice weight.
Couldn’t stop listening until the very end

That song is the epitome of how I have been describing vocals on amp14, big soundstage with vocals pulled closer and prominently within that sphere.

For factory reset I always use the nuclear option; full data erase.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #9,105 of 10,347
Fair enough, without the roll back options of some players it would take our memory to notice the signature changes. And that can be effected by time. But with the firmware rolling one can flip back and forth minimizing time in memory to notice the difference sooner. Leading me and others to notice right away and speak on it.

I have learned now, not to rush out and update my players if I am happy where i am at. Unfortunatly at the cost of new features that i would need to pass up temporarily.

But this is the game right, good times!

Next Saturday I will be rolling back to 2.03 and switching to Amp11.2. I will have to use DX320 as a true portable for a few days and don’t want to take any chances with my golden tube sample. I will see how I like that combo next to 2.06 with Amp14. :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back