DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #8,986 of 10,343
I usually listen at when I’m at the desktop and at the living room in couch and also when I go to do short walking excercise. I was in a serious accident which severely paralyzed me. I had to end all exercise and so for I decided to invest on listening music.

I got DX320 with amps 11.2/12/13, ItsLab Fusion and ifi Pro iCan

Do you suggest that I should get rid of DX320 and it’s amps and instead use mobilephone as a source with desktop and IEM? And to get proper DAC for iCan?
…and I also use Meze Liric for home listening. It’s great not to bother other family.

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #8,987 of 10,343
I usually listen at when I’m at the desktop and at the living room in couch and also when I go to do short walking excercise. I was in a serious accident which severely paralyzed me. I had to end all exercise and so for I decided to invest on listening music.

Do you suggest that I should get rid of DX320 and it’s amps and instead use mobilephone as a source with desktop and IEM? And to get proper DAC for iCan?
For IEMs I d say DAPs are usually superior to desktop gear and desktop gear superior for headphones whereas with easy to drive cans like don’t know my Denon AH D 9200 a decent DAP isn’t worse either

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #8,988 of 10,343

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Hopefully you can recover better over time and wish you good health !

A DAP is very convenient while going for a short walk. At the desk, it depends. If you are only listening to music, you can use the same DAP. For IEMs, it should suffice. For more powerful headphones, you can use your external AMPs if you feel the DAP is not sufficient to drive them. I don’t know why you would need an external DAC + the DAP. That makes no sense to me.

For anything other than music, like watching videos or playing games etc. I wouldn’t use a DAP at all, whether on move or at the desk due to the latency. When I’m at my desk I use my laptop with an IFI DAC/AMP, works perfectly for everything and not just music.

Looks like you made me answer my own question. Cheers !

Mar 2, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #8,989 of 10,343
I’ve been a “lurker” of this thread since purchasing my DX320 in mid-December. I joined Head-fi in 2009, but have rarely posted. I hacked around with some early portable headphone amps circa 2009-2012. Then I decided to invest in a full assault on SOTA or near-SOTA headphone/amp tech with purchase of a BHSE – Blue Hawaii Special Edition tube amp, Chord Hugo DAC and Stax SR-009. Had this rig combo for about 3 years, but increasing travel limited its use, so I sold it off on Audiogon a few years ago.

When home, I found myself utilizing my media room with Atmos surround sound much more than the headphones. Media room gear includes Conrad-Johnson and Anthem amps and pre-amps, 13 Thiel speakers, dual SVS subs plus SOTA JVC projector etc., etc, etc. I’ve been an audiophile for over 50 years (yikes!). An Absolute Sound subscriber since Issue 1. Early on, I built my own speakers and amps from kits.

I’ve used an iPhone / Fiio Q5 amp/DAC / Bose noise canceling combo for extensive business air travel for several years. Now I’ve partially retired to living aboard my sailing catamaran, thus my recent search for an optimum DAP. Of all the contenders as of Dec. 2022, I settled upon the iBasso DX320.

I’m still struggling somewhat with the android environment, but I’m gaining on it. I’ve burned my 100+/- SACD’s into the 1 TB micro SD card. All genres.

So far, besides the initial stock Amp11mk2, I own Amp13 and Amp14. To my ears, 13 and 14 are very similar in character, both certainly delivering a somewhat warmer, softer delivery than the 11mk2.

Last week I private messaged Whitigir to order his Amp 11 MUSE-XF, which arrived less than 48 hours after payment last Friday. Vince describes his Amp 11 MUSE-XF in Post 8339, Jan 22nd on page 556.

The reason I have practically never posted on Head-fi is because I do not consider myself skilled enough to describe audio sound character differences. So please don’t ask me for such. That said, the reason I recounted my audio history above is as testimony about my life-long exposure and quest for terrific quality audio.

Of the 4 amps I now have, to my ears, Whitigir’s Amp 11 MUSE-XF is simply breath taking! To my ears, stunningly the most pleasing. I guess it should be, because it is “steamy” expensive. But, IMO, so worth it!

My headphones are Sennheiser HD-800s, same as Whitigir uses = a major reason I wanted to try the AMP 11-MUSE-XF.

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #8,990 of 10,343

As always in life - it depends. On your use case.

Besides technicalities mentioned before using headphones with the usual 3m long cables and desktop gear while sitting on the couch is great. With IEM and its usual 1,2m long cables (and given the fact that a headphone is easier taken of and put back on for a short break or in order to go for a drink in the fridge) I like a portable DAP much better. A good DAP like the 320 can also handle most headphones without problems and drive them adequate.

Listening in bed at night a DAP is easier to handle than a phone since it has dedicated buttons for play, pause and especially for going forth and back trackwise so that the display can stay turned off.

That may also be an advantage when on the go. And do you think about travelling?

For true mobile use the 320 might be to big and heavy though. I would prefer something like a Shanling M1Pro or M0Pro when on my way. Or a high quality dongle with a phone in order to be able to stream from Roon and Qobuz everywhere even when out of reach of a WiFi...

I have bought and sold DAP various times. The main reason to rebuy a DAP lately had to do with another decision: to acquire various IEM and use those more often from now on instead of my 2 main headphones. Different flavours are a blessing so why restrict myself to the same meal each day?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #8,995 of 10,343
I saw it on Ibasso's Facebook page
Thank you so much for head up.
ibasso.png

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #8,996 of 10,343
Hi, there is a new update for the dx320 2.06.

A quick update on how this version (2.06) has gone so far.

Just installed on my DX320 Edition X with the Amp 14 module installed whilst running on the previous firmware 2.05.

Downloaded the 2.06 firmware from the iBasso website locally to my Windows 11 PC, unzipped the download which left me with the zipped firmware file and a readme file.

Copied the zipped 2.06 update to the root of the DAPs local memory, went into updater and choose the local update option in the top right hand corner of updater.

Selected the file and hit update.

The update took about 10 minutes to complete, the DAP rebooted and I went back into the DAP about screen to confirm the DAP was running on version 2.06 which it was.

Have been playing music just fine, no issues with DAP so far, so all in all the update process (at least for me) went well with no issues to report so far.

Cheers iBasso for continuing to support and update this awesome DAP.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #8,997 of 10,343
Any information about what has been changed?
Edit: it’s in the above screenshot. Ignore my post
Edit2: most interesting change is the “improved USB DAC compatibility”
@Paul - iBasso does this involve any kind of functional improvements such as MQA support or max sample rate or is it just about better stability with a wider range of devices?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back