DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Dec 25, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #7,847 of 10,359
Yes, someone here did a comparison a while back of both the Amp11.2S and Amp11.2 swapped from the DX300 to the DX320 and vice versa. I don't remember the comments made at this time, but you might be able to find it using the search on this thread. I do remember though that they were different than each other (even though they have very similar specs).
Thanks! It will be an adventure for me. Cos my DX300 came with the Amp11Mk1. One of the rarer ones which Whitigir had mentioned previously. Done with the swap. I noted that there is this ribbon that is connected from the face plate to the Amp 11M2S. So decided not to try to take it apart. Just ported it in its entirety over to the DX300. Doesn’t matter since it’s in a leather case anyway.

Gosh! The screws for the amp card to be attached to the face plates are tiny and short… But I’m done. And gives me ample cause to roll out the TPU case that came with the Amp14 card:

0C17F6EE-782B-4FF5-A71B-5FE13CD574A0.jpeg

Dec 25, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #7,848 of 10,359
Dec 25, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #7,850 of 10,359
damn i even liked that post and somehow it went over my head, thanks!
Haha! No worries at all! I think the 1AM2 and 1ZM2 are wonderful DAPs. But do bear in mind that the 1AM2 is the more “neutral” of the pair. Regardless of what some people may say, 1ZM2 is pretty distinct from the 1AM2 because of its relative lushness and liquid sonics. That said, you’d be surprised by the Amp14. It is pretty excellent nutube implementation. I suspect the only nutube implementation that is more tubey in flavour, and which I really enjoy, is that in the Shanling M30.

So, will you have duplication in terms of sound between the 1AM2 and the Amp14? I think not. That’s my two cents worth as someone who owns the above DAPs. :)

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #7,851 of 10,359
Haha! No worries at all! I think the 1AM2 and 1ZM2 are wonderful DAPs. But do bear in mind that the 1AM2 is the “neutral” of the pair. Regardless of what some people may say, 1ZM2 is pretty distinct from the 1AM2 because of its relative lushness and liquid sonics. That said, you’d be surprised by the Amp14. It is pretty excellent nutube implementation. I suspect the only nutube implementation that is more tubey in flavour, and which I really enjoy, is that in the Shanling M30.

So, will you have duplication in terms of sound between the 1AM2 and the Amp14? I think not. That’s my two cents worth as someone who owns the above DAPs. :)
very interesting, my main concern is power output though it seems that the wm1am2 works really well with hard to drive iems (from what i've read), but it seems I can't lose either way

Dec 25, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #7,852 of 10,359
... That said, you’d be surprised by the Amp14. It is pretty excellent nutube implementation. I suspect the only nutube implementation that is more tubey in flavour, and which I really enjoy, is that in the Shanling M30...

Well, actually, after a proper burn in of both, amp13 will be a bit tubyier in sound than amp14 :wink:

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #7,853 of 10,359
Well, actually, after a proper burn in of both, amp13 will be a bit tubyier in sound than amp14 :wink:
indeed I have heard. However, I no longer use SE cables. So, the point would be moot. That’s why I passed on the Amp13. :wink:

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #7,854 of 10,359
very interesting, my main concern is power output though it seems that the wm1am2 works really well with hard to drive iems (from what i've read), but it seems I can't lose either way
Hahah! I have the FitEar DD based IEMs Like the Titan, Air2, DC and DC Ti and they are not easy to drive. But no real issues with the Sony M2s. I seldom use my DAPs with HPs. So, it’s not really an issue for me. :)

Dec 25, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #7,855 of 10,359
Try double tap off though. And i had issues with poweramp eq app fyi. had various bugs with it on ibasso so i removed it and remedied a few quarks.

Oh, that’s too bad. Yes, I’ve had problems with poweramp equalizer. I constantly have to force quit and restart. Any other PEQ apps that you could recommend that will work with Apple Music. I’ve used wavelet which works well but only graphic. One of my iems is the LCD i4 which definitely needs eq!

Sorry for the double post. Just figured out the quote thing.
Not sure what’s different with the Poweramp EQ installaction on my DX320 setup (now on 2.04). I use with both Apple Music and Qobuz. Sometimes (not constant or every time) I’ll have to do a force close when first starting either Qobuz or Apple Music, but then no further problems for the remainder of a listening session, usually hours long.

There are FAQs to help, and PowerAMP has an active forum.

Dec 25, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #7,857 of 10,359
Not sure what’s different with the Poweramp EQ installaction on my DX320 setup (now on 2.04). I use with both Apple Music and Qobuz. Sometimes (not constant or every time) I’ll have to do a force close when first starting either Qobuz or Apple Music, but then no further problems for the remainder of a listening session, usually hours long.

There are FAQs to help, and PowerAMP has an active forum.
Yep, same here. I have to force quit both at least once a day. I will check the poweramp forum - good idea.

Dec 25, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #7,858 of 10,359
Anyone here have any thoughts on the Mest MkII vs the Monarch MkII on the DX320x? I already have the Monarchs but I wanna know how those fare against the other. Specifically with this dap, with the amp12ex or the amp14. Got curious for these iems after seeing the current $899 deal over at Musicteck.

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #7,859 of 10,359
Yep, same here. I have to force quit both at least once a day. I will check the poweramp forum - good idea.
Make sure you have enabled "Advanced Player Tracking" which requires some extra steps to setup. I only need to restart Apple Music and PowerAmp EQ just once when I reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back