DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Nov 4, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #7,097 of 10,359
I guess, just feel a little bummed i am an honest person and tried to make an honest purchase. I'm not here to take advantage of anyone and i am appreciative on all the help i have been receiving here. The community is great. But i do feel bummed out about it. I never been told i can't sell to you because your new and you have no feed back.
I guess thats the way it is and you did offer the FF on paypal that is a red flag coming from my end. But its cool, I will still purchase at the right time.

thanks
Yes, like @HK_sends mentioned, there was a period of major scams being pulled off (thankfully I think they got them under control) in "Classifieds".

I have been refused a buy about 1 year ago. I have never bought anything from the classifieds section (even though I have been around for a while), so I have 0 feedback. This person simply ignored me when I PMed them about the item, and how the transaction worked (since I wasn't even familiar with that process). I had bought many things with Paypal, but never to an individual.
I just got the DX170 and its not bad, but does not sound as good as the Max to my ears. Now after learning about the Dx320 and how nice that screen is with the options for different amp cards got me interested. I wish I knew about it before the DX170.
Don't forget about the DX240 also (not to make things more difficult for you). It is the form factor of the DX160/DX170 but uses the amp cards from the DX2xx series. You can pick one of those up for just shy of $1k I believe. I can't speak to how well it would sound because I have not heard it though. There is a dedicated thread to that one here if you want to check into it here.

Nov 4, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #7,098 of 10,359
I just got the DX170 and its not bad, but does not sound as good as the Max to my ears. Now after learning about the Dx320 and how nice that screen is with the options for different amp cards got me interested. I wish I knew about it before the DX170.
If the DX170 sounded as good as the 320, who would buy the 320 at double the price and weight?

My point was that for much travel, with external noise and the like, the 170 sounds more than fine, and I don't think I could do an AB between them whie traveling on a bus or subway, for example, or even walking around.

Nov 4, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #7,099 of 10,359
Don't take it personally. Your limited membership time and low number of likes and posts make some old codger members (like me) a bit nervous due to the number of scams perpetrated by "members" with limited presence on the forum. The guidelines for the classifieds used to recommend at least 50-100 posts and a couple of months or more time on the forums. If I am approached by new members in such a situation (it has happened), I suggest they start building a good reputation with several low-price purchases (say less than $100 or so) to establish some credibility before trying to buy more expensive items like a high-end DAP or other big-ticket item.
It sucks to be new on the forum wanting to buy or sell but given time you'll build a good reputation for buying and selling. And don't forget to check the seller's or buyer's feedback to ensure they are worth the risk for you.
Hope this helps...
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Of course, your suggestion is the reason why I would not buy anything expensive from ebay. Your methodology isalso exactly how one can take advantage of even experienced buyers on ebay, as well as a legitimate approach.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #7,100 of 10,359
Of course, your suggestion is the reason why I would not buy anything expensive from ebay. Your methodology isalso exactly how one can take advantage of even experienced buyers on ebay, as well as a legitimate approach.
Well, I would hope that it's used by more legitimate buyers/sellers than dishonest people but you are right, no system of transaction is infallible. So far, I've been fortunate and only had one seller "cheat" me but eBay and PayPal did help me recover my funds...in time.
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #7,101 of 10,359
If the DX170 sounded as good as the 320, who would buy the 320 at double the price and weight?

My point was that for much travel, with external noise and the like, the 170 sounds more than fine, and I don't think I could do an AB between them whie traveling on a bus or subway, for example, or even walking around.

I agree but i would still want to be a little closer to better sound and still use as a transport as in desk to desk. But you could be right. In the end maybe i am rushing things and just use the dx170 for a while and find a good paring headphone.

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #7,102 of 10,359
I agree but i would still want to be a little closer to better sound and still use as a transport as in desk to desk. But you could be right. In the end maybe i am rushing things and just use the dx170 for a while and find a good paring headphone.
From all my experiences with many daps, i would go for Fiio m11 plus ESS or Ibasso dx240.
You already have an amazing sounding MAX which is the pinnacle of IBasso daps to this day.
I would go for something significantly smaller and still sounding great. I would pick a used dx240. I've heard it breafly and loved the sound. It reminds me of my beloved dx220, with it's ethereal, dynamic and crazy detailed sound.
The difference between the dx320 and 240 would not hit you in the face. You would probably do some extended A/B tests. Surely the dx320 is better but we are now talking small differences.
I did something else and went with a used Shanling M8 which has completely different tuning. It's warm, very dynamic and punchy with great bass kick.
But if you like the MAX and you are fan of IBasso house sound and you're for something very portable, then the dx240 would be my pick.
It you can check something even cheaper with an amazing sound like Dethonray pegasus sg1.

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #7,103 of 10,359
From all my experiences with many daps, i would go for Fiio m11 plus ESS or Ibasso dx240.
You already have an amazing sounding MAX which is the pinnacle of IBasso daps to this day.
I would go for something significantly smaller and still sounding great. I would pick a used dx240. I've heard it breafly and loved the sound. It reminds me of my beloved dx220, with it's ethereal, dynamic and crazy detailed sound.
The difference between the dx320 and 240 would not hit you in the face. You would probably do some extended A/B tests. Surely the dx320 is better but we are now talking small differences.
I did something else and went with a used Shanling M8 which has completely different tuning. It's warm, very dynamic and punchy with great bass kick.
But if you like the MAX and you are fan of IBasso house sound and you're for something very portable, then the dx240 would be my pick.
It you can check something even cheaper with an amazing sound like Dethonray pegasus sg1.

Lots of choices, thanks guys. I wish there was a place in texas to listen to all of them lol. I will look into the dx240 and investigate that one as well.

Thanks.

Nov 4, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #7,104 of 10,359
Scams work both ways, even with 'long established sellers'. Been there with a seller misrepresenting a product, hid the flaws purposely in photography angles.

If a seller won't take a PayPal G&S offer (that includes the F&F $ plus the added fees), then it's a deal I'll happily walk away from.

There's always another option available soon/somewhere else.

Nov 4, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #7,105 of 10,359
Lots of choices, thanks guys. I wish there was a place in texas to listen to all of them lol. I will look into the dx240 and investigate that one as well.

Thanks.
Texas CanJam 2023....

Nov 4, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #7,106 of 10,359
Did a quick search on this thread and couldn’t find anything… noticed when playing Amazon Music the DX320 is saying device is only capable of 24/48. Any others having this problem?
My wifi bandwidth is at 866mbps, settings in amazon are set to ultra hd
2B4CD9D0-1008-4523-9F0A-5B1756CCB86E.jpeg

Nov 4, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #7,108 of 10,359
Nov 4, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #7,109 of 10,359
The difference between the dx320 and 240 would not hit you in the face.

I will look into the dx240 and investigate that one as well.

I own both the DX240 and the DX320 and fully agree with @RIGATIO that (with their stock amps) the sound sig’s are quite similar. The DX240 has slightly more grainy edges to the sound but in my hearing that’s about it.

Nov 4, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #7,110 of 10,359
I own both the DX240 and the DX320 and fully agree with @RIGATIO that (with their stock amps) the sound sig’s are quite similar. The DX240 has slightly more grainy edges to the sound but in my hearing that’s about it.
The DC320 is more refined and natural sounding with less digital glare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back