DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 3, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #6,061 of 10,359
Sorry AK fans, the SP2K hardly compares with the iBasso DX300/DX320 anymore.

Sep 3, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #6,062 of 10,359
Hello good people,

Can you'll please suggest the best pairing iem according to you with the dx320 on amp 11mk2? I'm currently using the Noble Sultan with SP2K and the dx320. Although it pairs brilliantly with the sp2k, it doesn't so much with the dx320. The synergy isn't wow! Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #6,063 of 10,359
Hello good people,

Can you'll please suggest the best pairing iem according to you with the dx320 on amp 11mk2? I'm currently using the Noble Sultan with SP2K and the dx320. Although it pairs brilliantly with the sp2k, it doesn't so much with the dx320. The synergy isn't wow! Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
What is your desired budget and what you don’t like in DX320 pairing with Sultan?
I had SP2K and it paired beautifully with all IEMs and headphones that I tried it with - especially with Traillii.
And as Traillii is the best overall IEM in my opinion it also pairs very well with stock amp of DX320 with current firmware.
You’ll get much wide stage with some moderate stage depth compared to SP2K along with more revealing and detailed sound.

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #6,064 of 10,359
And to that, I am enjoying the AMP12 LO to the RSA A-10 to the Sennheiser HE90. Great stuff!

Feeding the LTA Z10e now with the AMP12 LO and using the headphone out section to the ES R10 closed phones. The R10 get very close, not quite but close to the Sony R10 and of course are new made and should last for years. The LO of the 320 does a very nice job.

Sep 3, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #6,065 of 10,359
I could be called out for posting quite often about the M8. Maybe i shouldnt do it here but i feel quite connected to this thread as i had the dx300 and the dx320. There are also tons of posts in this thread about the dx300 and the comparisons against the 320. Why not compare other daps too. I also marked @samandhi and had a conversation with him because of the Hook X which he recommended to me. It doesnt make sense to change the thread anytime we speak about other equipment.
Also i think that some breaks from the dx320 topic are not only informative but also they make the thread more alive as they draw attention of headfiers from other threads.
Most of my posts about the M8 are here because they are related to the dx320 and my past experiences with the dx300.
Also Paul who visits this thread can collect some feedback from the people who liked other players and pass the information on to the IBasso team. Maybe they can consider some changes in tuning with their future daps or consider creating a line of players with different tuning keeping their actual house sound in other line along.
I post on the M8 thread too but come back here too because most of my former daps were from IBasso. You could call me IBasso funboy:)

Sep 3, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #6,066 of 10,359
I am entirely new to the world of DAPs, and I for one quite appreciate the meandering in this thread, it's kind of like the Schiit thread (in a good way). I was very tempted by the new m6 Ultra and even more so the m7 from Shanling. Ultimately, their general description as a warm source sent me back toward iBasso, I don't really want coloration. Anyway, it's useful to (productively) discuss different brands even within a product thread.

DX320 will be here early next week :) Been a long time since I've listened to any iBasso!

Sep 3, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #6,067 of 10,359
I could be called out for posting quite often about the M8. Maybe i shouldnt do it here but i feel quite connected to this thread as i had the dx300 and the dx320. There are also tons of posts in this thread about the dx300 and the comparisons against the 320. Why not compare other daps too. I also marked @samandhi and had a conversation with him because of the Hook X which he recommended to me. It doesnt make sense to change the thread anytime we speak about other equipment.
Also i think that some breaks from the dx320 topic are not only informative but also they make the thread more alive as they draw attention of headfiers from other threads.
Most of my posts about the M8 are here because they are related to the dx320 and my past experiences with the dx300.
Also Paul who visits this thread can collect some feedback from the people who liked other players and pass the information on to the IBasso team. Maybe they can consider some changes in tuning with their future daps or consider creating a line of players with different tuning keeping their actual house sound in other line along.
I post on the M8 thread too but come back here too because most of my former daps were from IBasso. You could call me IBasso funboy:)
That's what I'm saying. It's relevant to discuss and compare and say something in favor of a competing product.

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #6,068 of 10,359
Agree on it being healthy to talk about other daps, even if it's repetitive, as long as it's not shilling..

It's even better when the dap talked about is the m8, something that actually competes in the same price point, and can be found on the used market for around 1k usd, unlike most of the other comparisons being n8ii, sp2k and just a bunch of other hyper expensive daps.

I'm kind of surprised by how many hostile arguements there are in this thread (obviously, not all of them and not all participants), I don't think I've seen any other thread have this much toxicity.

This isn't a toxic thread, but I think I've seen about 3 - 4 arguements which turned bitter (I like sour so I won't use it in a negative manner) in this thread, and have yet to see anything like this on any other thread.

Sep 3, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #6,069 of 10,359
Late to the party but I'm happy to finally welcome DX320 to join my DX220/240 this week!

I didn't quite warm up to DX300 but this one will be with me for a long time! Probably the most musical DAP I have heard from iBasso with some real magic in the overall balance! Ironically, it immediately reminded me of M8 but with much better clarity. Upper mids and treble are never strident (maybe borderline with my most vivid IEM, FAudio Mezzo, which is where I like it). Excellent transients, vocals, and only a hint of digital-ness left with this one. I can't stop listening!

I'll have some fun with doing mods on this one too! This is a milestone DAP in my book!

img5359.jpg

Sep 4, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #6,070 of 10,359
Late to the party but I'm happy to finally welcome DX320 to join my DX220/240 this week!

I didn't quite warm up to DX300 but this one will be with me for a long time! Probably the most musical DAP I have heard from iBasso with some real magic in the overall balance! Ironically, it immediately reminded me of M8 but with much better clarity. Upper mids and treble are never strident (maybe borderline with my most vivid IEM, FAudio Mezzo, which is where I like it). Excellent transients, vocals, and only a hint of digital-ness left with this one. I can't stop listening!

I'll have some fun with doing mods on this one too! This is a milestone DAP in my book!

img5359.jpg
High Gain? Haha, I have mine on Medium Gain, usually around 30-35 at the Volume. DAC Filter D1, but sometimes I like to quick change it with D2 just for the width and emotion.

Sep 4, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #6,072 of 10,359
What is your desired budget and what you don’t like in DX320 pairing with Sultan?
I had SP2K and it paired beautifully with all IEMs and headphones that I tried it with - especially with Traillii.
And as Traillii is the best overall IEM in my opinion it also pairs very well with stock amp of DX320 with current firmware.
You’ll get much wide stage with some moderate stage depth compared to SP2K along with more revealing and detailed sound.
Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on the traili and dx320. I'm actually looking at an iem in 1500-2000 usd range. So basically I feel the Sultan has an insane level of depth for my hearing and so does the dx320. It feels like there's too much of it and things are quite distant. This is further affected by both being warmer in signature for my hearing which the sp2k isn't. Although a holographic iem is most welcome but just that the synergy should be in sync between the player and the iem. Hope i could explain my concern 🙏 Thank you.

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #6,073 of 10,359
Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on the traili and dx320. I'm actually looking at an iem in 1500-2000 usd range. So basically I feel the Sultan has an insane level of depth for my hearing and so does the dx320. It feels like there's too much of it and things are quite distant. This is further affected by both being warmer in signature for my hearing which the sp2k isn't. Although a holographic iem is most welcome but just that the synergy should be in sync between the player and the iem. Hope i could explain my concern 🙏 Thank you.
You are welcome! OK it looks like you need a more forward IEM probably in mids.
If you like more dense but detailed sound I would go with Noble Kublai Khan or UM MEST MKII.
KK is very detailed while being neutral and natural. It’s sub bass and bass has great detailed texture and rumble due to large bone conduction driver but very controlled and not bloating other frequencies.
I would still try to audition it myself before buying as KK size is on bigger side which could be an issue. Also it’s piezo treble doesn’t roll off so gently as on estats and gets very high which could be an issue if you are treble sensitive (while you can play with tips and cable to tame it a bit).

Both are on autumn sale currently at MusicTeck with price of 2k$ for KK and 1k$
for MEST MKII.

Sep 4, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #6,074 of 10,359
You are welcome! OK it looks like you need a more forward IEM probably in mids.
If you like more dense but detailed sound I would go with Noble Kublai Khan or UM MEST MKII.
KK is very detailed while being neutral and natural. It’s sub bass and bass has great detailed texture and rumble due to large bone conduction driver but very controlled and not bloating other frequencies.
I would still try to audition it myself before buying as KK size is on bigger side which could be an issue. Also it’s piezo treble doesn’t roll off so gently as on estats and gets very high which could be an issue if you are treble sensitive (while you can play with tips and cable to tame it a bit).

Both are on autumn sale currently at MusicTeck with price of 2k$ for KK and 1k$
for MEST MKII.
This was much help! Thank you 🙏😊

Sep 4, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #6,075 of 10,359
High Gain? Haha, I have mine on Medium Gain, usually around 30-35 at the Volume. DAC Filter D1, but sometimes I like to quick change it with D2 just for the width and emotion.

Lol yeah, the DD comes alive in high gain and I find medium gain a little constrained in dynamics, In quiet environment that means working with single digit volume :sweat_smile: and I’m forced to use medium on some songs but it’s still good👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back