DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Aug 3, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #5,162 of 10,344
And yes I am selling my dx320 to get my wm1a m2 😛😛😛😜
But by no means dx320 sounds bad!

If you have the luck to find one in stock, people are getting tired to wait for one.

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #5,164 of 10,344
Ever thought about buying the latest amp12 mod from NP Audio? Steven is testing on mine. Replacing the op amps brings a lot in the bass range as Steve told me. He also tunes it extra for the DX320. He has so many new film capacitors in use now. I think this is going to be an amazing amp 12. It's definitely worth trying before you sell your DX320 almost new for half the price.
Thanks for the suggestion ! I just ordered AMP13. Let’s see how that sounds.

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #5,165 of 10,344
Do some of you using Apple Music have songs stop and start randomly? I’ve downloaded my entire library and listen on the subway with wifi off.

I listen to apple music and it is something that occurs once in a while to me, so all I do is restart the app and it goes fine for many hours. I’d say it only happens once or twice to me a day.

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #5,166 of 10,344
Thanks for the suggestion ! I just ordered AMP13. Let’s see how that sounds.
I will only buy the amp 13 when NP Audio is finished with the modification. Steve had sent me a message that he was testing it. A photo of what the test version looks like at the moment has already been posted. He also wants to fix the crackle problem. First of all, I'm looking forward to my 2 mods with Amp 12. But everything takes time. I can wait but to be honest I'm very curious.

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #5,167 of 10,344
Haha are you referring to me as I am selling one too 🙃🙃🙃

In regard to your opinion about the sound being flat I somewhat disagree cause I compared dx320 vs wm1z m2 vs dx300 and is not far by that much from 1zm2 in technical realms.

What really changes is sony has s-master, sony gen3 golden caps, kimber kable and some new wizardy secret silver and gold ratio solder.

To my ears sony 1zm2 is more lush and thick and stronger in bass slam and mass. More refined delicate treble zing cause kimber kable.
Also the sound is more musical cause of s-master. It is also more organic and textured as sony use’s alot of film capacitors and very high quality chips….

On the other hand you have dx300 + amp 12! If you hear that setup you will be very impressed it has outstanding synergy and sounds like a very high end highly refined desktop system. I was very impressed and I will admit shocked as a first impression listen. Dx300 with amp 12 sounds better then dx320 with amp12 and even stock amp 😳😱🤯

And yes I am selling my dx320 to get my wm1a m2 😛😛😛😜
But by no means dx320 sounds bad!

Sony makes very good and very polished products, can’t knock you for wanting a legendary dap. I would have considered the 1zm2 if I didn’t have hard to drive overear’s.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #5,169 of 10,344
May be “Flat” wasn’t the right word. Sorry this is my first Reference DAP and I’m more of a music enjoyer than a details guy, if that makes sense. I quoted another person above from what he said, that’s how I feel about the sound.

I’ve had Sony DAPs before. Still have my good old A40. Rest all are gone, including the ZX507. I do love the punch they have, especially when using DSEE. It’s also why my main IEM is VE EXT. DX320 doesn’t do justice to the dual dynamic drivers in them ! No complains about the highs though, here iBasso nailed it. What I’m missing is some oomph on the lower/mid end.

Wanna know something funny ? I cancelled my WM1AM2 Japan pre-order just before it shipped, God knows why and then I bought this :p

DX320 is not bad in anyway. I’m still enjoying some occasional music listening on it. It’s just not my type the way it sounds !!

I think my post was taken out of context as I said it was INITIALLY flat and explain that my perception changed after a few hours listening and restart cycles. I am now loving what I have been hearing.

I think there are some gremlins that prevents the DX320 from becoming immediately alive after firmware updates but it does transform quickly into a really good sounding dap.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #5,170 of 10,344
Hi All,

Just got a DX320 and Amp 12. My primary config will be to use LO to my Cayin C9. A couple questions on LO:

1) Is there a way to make LO fixed? I don't see any LO options on the DX320 audio settings.
2) Assuming no to above, anyway for DX320 to remember volume level when LO is being used instead of PO? I just use max volume for LO to approximate fixed.
3) Which gain level is recommended for LO? Interesting that gain level changes volume.

Thanks for the help! I suppose I could just use Pre Input on the C9. Will give that a try after some burn in to hear if there is any difference.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #5,171 of 10,344
Hi All,

Just got a DX320 and Amp 12. My primary config will be to use LO to my Cayin C9. A couple questions on LO:

1) Is there a way to make LO fixed? I don't see any LO options on the DX320 audio settings.
2) Assuming no to above, anyway for DX320 to remember volume level when LO is being used instead of PO? I just use max volume for LO to approximate fixed.
3) Which gain level is recommended for LO? Interesting that gain level changes volume.

Thanks for the help! I suppose I could just use Pre Input on the C9. Will give that a try after some burn in to hear if there is any difference.
The outside, left, socket is the line out and it is hardwired so you don't to anything to the DX320. It is balanced out for LO and PO. I set it to max volume and use either medium gain, mids push back a little or high gain, depending upon what I am listening to or what amp.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #5,172 of 10,344
The outside, left, socket is the line out and it is hardwired so you don't to anything to the DX320. It is balanced out for LO and PO. I set it to max volume and use either medium gain, mids push back a little or high gain, depending upon what I am listening to or what amp.
Thanks, will burn in then try Pre input on the C9. I don't trust myself to remember where I set volume when switching back to using the Amp12 PO LOL

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #5,173 of 10,344
Got Mest mk2 today and feel relieved that it turned out to be a good gamble. If you are not having a awe inspiring listening session with Mest then you are using the wrong tips.

First tip sounded too warm, too smooth, and lacked dynamic range; bass was strong but lacked definition. Tip #2 was too bright. Tip #3 was getting into the sweet spot but bass would move from being very present to very absent in the same song. When you find the right tip you will know it, just like I did! Tip #4 was the storm bringer.

The one thing reviewers have been understating is the dizzying amount of details Mest is able to produce, and it does this while remaining musical. Indigo aside, I doubt there is another IEM under 2X this price that can do this better. This must also be one of the best IEM for soundstage; it is bested by the legendary AKG-K3003, but Mest sounds less blended and better delineated when producing big soundstages.

DX320 and Mest is a boss-like pairing.

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #5,174 of 10,344
Got Mest mk2 today and feel relieved that it turned out to be a good gamble. If you are not having a awe inspiring listening session with Mest then you are using the wrong tips.

First tip sounded too warm, too smooth, and lacked dynamic range; bass was strong but lacked definition. Tip #2 was too bright. Tip #3 was getting into the sweet spot but bass would move from being very present to very absent in the same song. When you find the right tip you will know it, just like I did! Tip #4 was the storm bringer.

The one thing reviewers have been understating is the dizzying amount of details Mest is able to produce, and it does this while remaining musical. Indigo aside, I doubt there is another IEM under 2X this price that can do this better. This must also be one of the best IEM for soundstage; it is bested by the legendary AKG-K3003, but Mest sounds less blended and better delineated when producing big soundstages.

DX320 and Mest is a boss-like pairing.
After listening to the indigo I couldn’t go mk2 it was just too good the difference to me was night and day.

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #5,175 of 10,344
Thanks, will burn in then try Pre input on the C9. I don't trust myself to remember where I set volume when switching back to using the Amp12 PO LOL
It will remember volume levels when switching between LO and PO.

BTW! Congrats on your new shiny.

LO on the Amp12 card is a true LO. The reason you can change volume levels is because it is digital volume, rather than analog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back