DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #4,097 of 10,347
However, in this case there are 2 work arounds. One may not like the work arounds, i.e.download your streaming content, or don't use streaming content with AMP13 when connected to WiFi....but these are viable work arounds. They may soon be listed in AMP13 product literature as a foot note/design limitation.
Thought of another work possible around. I can't test it, I don't have AMP13.

Does the WiFi/AMP13 interference issue occur if DX320 is connected to a WiFi hotspot from a smaller device, i.e. phone/tablet?

Tablets and phones, while still on the same WiFi frequencies and available bands, do not have amplification as found on typical home/business networking devices.

Of course this option has several downsides as well, available device throughput quickly becomes glaringly obvious.

This test could point to a WiFi signal amplitude specific problem, or if it's a RF crosstalk (non amplitude specific) problem at every level. Either way, probably still a hardware fix.

I'm thinking on this too much!:thinking:

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #4,099 of 10,347
There are particular individual(s) on here that are manchilds being crybabies. Not only that, but leaving very inappropriate comments.

Can we ignore the present issues at the present price? No. Absolutely not. Should we ignore the present issues? NO.

However, you don't have to act a smartass and b*tch about it for pages and pages. If you think you are so important and above everyone else, go open your own company, hire your own people, and make a DAP that's according to your taste and has no issues. If you think you are that smart, do it. I'll be waiting to see what you can do.

iBasso has never shied away from its problems. What it does is looks at the issue and works on finding the solution.

I'm tired of people who do not know how to behave themselves. You do it once, okay. You do it twice, I can forgive but won't forget. You keep doing it and behaving like that constantly, you clearly have a problem. The comments are overlooked by everyone else, but I've been seeing the same discriminating and inappropriate comments being made in the past. Countless times.

Nobody here is forcing or influencing others to glorify iBasso. I can at least say that for myself. In the same way, nobody here is trying to say that the DX320 doesn't have issues.

iBasso should take the current feedback, pass it onto their team, and figure out what's the problem. Sound easy, right?
If you don't want to buy from iBasso again, good for you. If you found out what works and doesn't work for you, I'm happy for you. I wish you the best finding what you are after with other companies. However, don't expect anyone, let alone the company itself, to run after you to bring you back. This is what I'm getting that you are looking for.

The firmware issue requires some serious $ to fix. You need very experience software engineers to figure out why the sound is being altered with FW updates. That's not supposed to be happening. Now, if you look at how much iBasso is charging for their devices, you can see why they might have an issue financing such people, especially such a team. This is not to speak down on iBasso's current team. Remember, this is the audiophile industry, not the phone industry. This is a small-scale audio company that is making smartphone-like audio devices. This is not Sony.

There are going to be imperfections and things of that nature. That's expected. I've heard about much more serious issues with devices that cost 2.5x DX320 MSRP. In general, imo, iBasso gets more things right than it gets things wrong.

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #4,100 of 10,347
I am using DX320 + AMP13 + Apple Music . No interference issue. I am using Wifi 5G Channel.
Switching from a mesh wifi network to a single AP network solved the issue. Fortunatly I have both at home 👍🏻 Tested with Apple Music and Qobuz. Hope this can help others. One last thing, if you wear a connected watch it can interfere too !

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #4,101 of 10,347
I am using DX320 + AMP13 + Apple Music . No interference issue. I am using Wifi 5G Channel.
What is the 5G Channel Band in your configuration? Channel width? Power level? Compatibility mode?

5G is the Carrier frequency, there's a little more to it.

Typical 5ghz setup below from a TP-Link AX11000 WiFi router. Other brands likely much the same.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #4,102 of 10,347
That was going to be my next thing; using 5G channel. ATM I am using 2.4, so I will also give this a whirl and report back.
Thought of another work possible around. I can't test it, I don't have AMP13.

Does the WiFi/AMP13 interference issue occur if DX320 is connected to a WiFi hotspot from a smaller device, i.e. phone/tablet?

Tablets and phones, while still on the same WiFi frequencies and available bands, do not have amplification as found on typical home/business networking devices.

Of course this option has several downsides as well, available device throughput quickly becomes glaringly obvious.

This test could point to a WiFi signal amplitude specific problem, or if it's a RF crosstalk (non amplitude specific) problem at every level. Either way, probably still a hardware fix.

I'm thinking on this too much!:thinking:
I am not sure that the majority of people's issues are a result of the WiFi router being used (though it certainly sounds like some are), but from the interference attenuated from the onboard WiFi card.

I am certainly not ruling out that it COULD be router sounds, but I doubt it (in my case), because I have about 10 devices connected to mine, and I only hear the sound when the onboard card is accessing the network/internet, and not when any one of my other 9 devices are accessing (IE the router). However, I will try connecting to a hotspot and see if that alleviates the issue.

Head-Fi - The think-tank that all the audiophile companies use when engineering gets tricky! :smile:

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #4,103 of 10,347
Switching from a mesh wifi network to a single AP network solved the issue. Fortunatly I have both at home 👍🏻 Tested with Apple Music and Qobuz. Hope this can help others.
Great info!

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #4,105 of 10,347
Switching to 5ghz on my DX connection has alleviated the issue for me (so far as I can tell). I will continue to listen and see if I hear anything. I have my 9 ohm all BA set in, so they should pick up anything. :)

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #4,106 of 10,347
That was going to be my next thing; using 5G channel. ATM I am using 2.4, so I will also give this a whirl and report back.

I am not sure that the majority of people's issues are a result of the WiFi router being used (though it certainly sounds like some are), but from the interference attenuated from the onboard WiFi card.

I am certainly not ruling out that it COULD be router sounds, but I doubt it (in my case), because I have about 10 devices connected to mine, and I only hear the sound when the onboard card is accessing the network/internet, and not when any one of my other 9 devices are accessing (IE the router). However, I will try connecting to a hotspot and see if that alleviates the issue.

Head-Fi - The think-tank that all the audiophile companies use when engineering gets tricky! :smile:
Fair point.

The internal WiFi 'system' on the DX320 is likely an off the shelf chip implementation, then an iBasso antenna design on the boards, and their software mixed w/Android software. All this has to work/connect to an outside system, hopefully all 'parties' are adhering to standards (power).

I've seen that not be the case with some manufacturers in the WiFi world early on, much like we see compatibilities with power adapter standards/cables.

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #4,107 of 10,347
Fair point.

The internal WiFi 'system' on the DX320 is likely an off the shelf chip implementation, then an iBasso antenna design on the boards, and their software mixed w/Android software. All this has to work/connect to an outside system, hopefully all 'parties' are adhering to standards (power).

I've seen that not be the case with some manufacturers in the WiFi world early on, much like we see compatibilities with power adapter standards/cables.
It is possible that that has happened here, though I am not too sure because WiFi implementation has improved exponentially within the iBasso camp. I also have the DX160, and the implementation of WiFi on it was just horrible. EMI noise on some units, and very short range connection (which was never fixed because of it being a hardware issue). I CAN say from what I have read about the card in the DXx0, that it is new to iBasso, being the first DAP in their line that has mimo.

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #4,108 of 10,347
There are particular individual(s) on here that are manchilds being crybabies. Not only that, but leaving very inappropriate comments.

Can we ignore the present issues at the present price? No. Absolutely not. Should we ignore the present issues? NO.

However, you don't have to act a smartass and b*tch about it for pages and pages. If you think you are so important and above everyone else, go open your own company, hire your own people, and make a DAP that's according to your taste and has no issues. If you think you are that smart, do it. I'll be waiting to see what you can do.

iBasso has never shied away from its problems. What it does is looks at the issue and works on finding the solution.

I'm tired of people who do not know how to behave themselves. You do it once, okay. You do it twice, I can forgive but won't forget. You keep doing it and behaving like that constantly, you clearly have a problem. The comments are overlooked by everyone else, but I've been seeing the same discriminating and inappropriate comments being made in the past. Countless times.

Nobody here is forcing or influencing others to glorify iBasso. I can at least say that for myself. In the same way, nobody here is trying to say that the DX320 doesn't have issues.

iBasso should take the current feedback, pass it onto their team, and figure out what's the problem. Sound easy, right?
If you don't want to buy from iBasso again, good for you. If you found out what works and doesn't work for you, I'm happy for you. I wish you the best finding what you are after with other companies. However, don't expect anyone, let alone the company itself, to run after you to bring you back. This is what I'm getting that you are looking for.

The firmware issue requires some serious $ to fix. You need very experience software engineers to figure out why the sound is being altered with FW updates. That's not supposed to be happening. Now, if you look at how much iBasso is charging for their devices, you can see why they might have an issue financing such people, especially such a team. This is not to speak down on iBasso's current team. Remember, this is the audiophile industry, not the phone industry. This is a small-scale audio company that is making smartphone-like audio devices. This is not Sony.

There are going to be imperfections and things of that nature. That's expected. I've heard about much more serious issues with devices that cost 2.5x DX320 MSRP. In general, imo, iBasso gets more things right than it gets things wrong.

Maybe the bitching is because the poster has the Mob to deal with.

I personally would never insult or attack another forum member on behalf of any company. None of us are of any value to the board room besides what is in our wallets.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #4,109 of 10,347
Maybe the bitching is because the poster has the Mob to deal with.

I personally would never insult or attack another forum member on behalf of any company. None of us are of any value to the board room besides what is in our wallets.
Wise words ... 🙏
Now I read all
Finally all should be able to post their opinion, vision and findings being them positive or negative
People paid 'some' money so ...
And if you don't like what you see -> keep scrolling

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #4,110 of 10,347
It is possible that that has happened here, though I am not too sure because WiFi implementation has improved exponentially within the iBasso camp. I also have the DX160, and the implementation of WiFi on it was just horrible. EMI noise on some units, and very short range connection (which was never fixed because of it being a hardware issue). I CAN say from what I have read about the card in the DXx0, that it is new to iBasso, being the first DAP in their line that has mimo.
Interesting.

This may be a board level issue, of chip trace crosstalk, happens when two traces are too close. I doubt shielding could fix the issue if that’s what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back