DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 13, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #4,081 of 10,347
Some more thinking....

This AMP13 WiFi interference could be a limited environment issue in the sense that it doesn't happen with every manufacturer's WiFi system (maybe they don't adhere to a design spec), or it only happens on certain bands of the available frequencies. It gets technically complex very quickly, as all these 'handhakes' for WiFi signals are auto negotiated without user involvement.

This gets impossible to test....budget, time and/or staff limits a manufacture's ability to acquire/test them all with these variables.

Has anyone gone into their WiFi routers config screens, usually in the 'advanced' section....and replicated this problem on EVERY WiFi combination of available network speeds and available bands? Different speeds and bands utilize different frequencies and amplitudes (and all the causation interactions).

Okay....maybe you did, but were you able to change all your neighbor's WiFi setup during this testing?

You'll see where this is going.....

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #4,082 of 10,347
CR

In my opinion, nothing about the whole DX 320 is 100% perfect. You don't want to have problems after problems at this price.
My opinion on everything.

$1599? With all the respect I know is a lot of money but this DAP "sounds" the same or better that top of the line daps $2k+ with some minor problems, and that is not only my opinion is my experience using/owning Ak1000, AK2000T, Shangling M9 and some others DAPs in the entry level.
Recently I tried the AK Kann Max and if some people are complaining about streaming in the iBasso they should try to use Tidal in the AK Kann Max, 3-5 seconds delay in response... Ibasso is not perfect but is great for his price in my opinion/experience, especially with Neutron and the settings that were shared here.

Edit: And yes, you guys makes me use Neutron again 😑

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #4,083 of 10,347
CR

In my opinion, nothing about the whole DX 320 is 100% perfect. You don't want to have problems after problems at this price.
My opinion on everything.
So we'll agree that nothing is 100% perfect. Got it.

There are currently 3 solutions, but some don't like them. Fair enough. In my brain, this falls back to the nothing is 100% perfect scenario, so I move on, i.e. pick a solution.

The unequal battery drain problem, can possibly be equalized, or more likely minimized with a software update. We know this also....currently involves some OS tweaking via ADB commands. Again....there is a solution.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #4,084 of 10,347
$1599? With all the respect I know is a lot of money but this DAP "sounds" the same or better that top of the line daps +$3k with some some minor problems, and that is not only my opinion is my experience using/owning Ak1000, AK2000T, Shangling M9 and some others DAPs in the entry level.
Recently I tried the AK Kann Max and some people are complaining about streaming in the iBasso they should try to use Tidal in the AK Kann Max, 3-5 seconds delay in response... Ibasso is not perfect but is great for his price in my opinion/experience, especially with Neutron and the settings that were shared here.
Delay / speed can be an issue in these days of evolving technology
But look at the LP6 / P6 series
Probably the slowest on the market today but nevertheless the best DAP out there
So again it's all about personal preferences ... including if it sounds better as ...

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #4,085 of 10,347
Jul 13, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #4,086 of 10,347
So we'll agree that nothing is 100% perfect. Got it.

There are currently 3 solutions, but some don't like them. Fair enough. In my brain, this falls back to the nothing is 100% perfect scenario, so I move on, i.e. pick a solution.

The unequal battery drain problem, can possibly be equalized, or more likely minimized with a software update. We know this also....currently involves some OS tweaking via ADB commands. Again....there is a solution.
Yes 1599 in the basic configuration. Do you still buy amp 13 and amp12. Then where are you lying? And still nothing is perfect. Not even the sound. Such a crappy software with such a player. Og firmware Super sound. But the rest. So I was better satisfied with the DX300 and Amp 12 w. Charging didn't cause any problems and the sound in Mango OS was better than now with the 3rd firmware for the DX320. At least according to my taste. The DX320 has too many flaws for me to be really happy with. And if you iBasso fanboys don't agree with that, I don't care.

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #4,087 of 10,347
Yes 1599 in the basic configuration. Do you still buy amp 13 and amp12. Then where are you lying? And still nothing is perfect. Not even the sound. Such a crappy software with such a player. Og firmware Super sound. But the rest. So I was better satisfied with the DX300 and Amp 12 w. Charging didn't cause any problems and the sound in Mango OS was better than now with the 3rd firmware for the DX320. At least according to my taste. The DX320 has too many flaws for me to be really happy with. And if you iBasso fanboys don't agree with that, I don't care.
I have never intentionally implied or stated I have AMP13. You are welcome to go back through my posts.

I am simply stating my opinion as well, with trying to help everyone understand the issue from a design/testing/implementation standpoint, of which I am familiar with. 4 year university degree, electronic engineering, 20 years in the manufacturing field (both cellular and networking). This issue (AMP13 interference) relegates to dealing with SIgnal Propagation Theory. It was one of the 4th year classes.

iBasso fanboy? Sigh....it's the product I chose to purchase based on my research here, that is all. If I run into a situation I end up unhappy with, I have ~340 days to return it & move on to a different solution.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #4,088 of 10,347
I have never intentionally implied or stated I have AMP13. You are welcome to go back through my posts.

I am simply stating my opinion as well, with trying to help everyone understand the issue from a design/testing/implementation standpoint, of which I am familiar with. 4 year university degree, electronic engineering, 20 years in the manufacturing field (both cellular and networking). This issue (AMP13 interference) relegates to dealing with SIgnal Propagation Theory. It was one of the 4th year classes.

iBasso fanboy? Sigh....it's the product I chose to purchase based on my research here, that is all. If I run into a situation I end up unhappy with, I have ~340 days to return it & move on to a different solution.
When I said iBasso Fanboy I didn't necessarily mean you. There are other people out there. They don't leave anything on iBasso because iBasso is the best and cheapest. DX300 was my first iBasso that I was happy with. In the beginning not like that. But with amp12w. But with the DX320 I was only initially very happy with the sound quality of the Original Firmware .Not at all now. I really only have 2 hopes
EXN s mode and maybe a good sane software update from the deaf folks at iBasso.

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #4,089 of 10,347
I might suggest (probably making me unpopular here) to those that are constantly complaining about it, simply send it back?! Problem taken care of. :) I don't think that iBasso will be able to solve this issue with a FW update. For every one of you that simply can't stand it, there are probably thousands that are enjoying the music.
This. It's a hardware design shielding issue. As discussed before, heat, space or some other factor prevented iBasso from completely shielding the AMP13. I'm in no way complaining but you can't fix a hardware design issue with a firmware update. Possibly mitigate it but it will always be there. I also believe you are right about complexity of wifi networks like a work environment vs a home environment bringing in so many variables it could be worse in one place and hardly noticable in another.

It doesn't bother me. I got around 700GB of space between the built in storage and sdcard. I can download any music from Spotify and play it offline or as stated previously, it's only at the beginning when buffering and goes away very quickly. With that said, recently I've been using the 11.2 AMP more. Now, if iBasso shipped the DX320 with the AMP13 that would be different but they didn't. You had to purchase it in addition to the DX320. Initially I thought it should have shipped with the AMP13 card but now I know why (or at least one of the reasons) they didn't. And I'm glad because options are always a good thing.

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #4,090 of 10,347
well, i guess every brand/player/ui have problems that people will always have issues with. How it affect each individual is dependent on how much weight they place on said issues.

For me the buggy mango player is my biggest gripe. Can I live with it? Yes, I can always use a different player. But I chose not to. Don't have amp13, probably not gonna get it at all since its single ended 3.5mm. Still considering if I should just splash the cash for a n8ii and get it over with, but with NO return policy in my country, reselling the dx320 is gonna be a pain

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #4,091 of 10,347
This. It's a hardware design shielding issue. As discussed before, heat, space or some other factor prevented iBasso from completely shielding the AMP13. I'm in no way complaining but you can't fix a hardware design issue with a firmware update. Possibly mitigate it but it will always be there. I also believe you are right about complexity of wifi networks like a work environment vs a home environment bringing in so many variables it could be worse in one place and hardly noticable in another.

It doesn't bother me. I got around 700GB of space between the built in storage and sdcard. I can download any music from Spotify and play it offline or as stated previously, it's only at the beginning when buffering and goes away very quickly. With that said, recently I've been using the 11.2 AMP more. Now, if iBasso shipped the DX320 with the AMP13 that would be different but they didn't. You had to purchase it in addition to the DX320. Initially I thought it should have shipped with the AMP13 card but now I know why (or at least one of the reasons) they didn't. And I'm glad because options are always a good thing.
I couldn't have put it better myself. :sunglasses::v:

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #4,095 of 10,347
You're a little prankster too. With DX 300 you don't have all these little problems
You're right insomuch as I don't have any FW issues like you have had (which I'm sorry that you have had many it sounds like), but my comment was to the issues with Amp13, of which I also share (it does the exact same thing on the DX300)...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back