DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #4,066 of 10,347
I bought the AMP13, the main router in my office, and all Ubiquiti gear, and the AMP13 was crackling from the interference unless I was outside my house. So I swapped out the three other amps chips I have, and zero issues whatsoever. I hardly use the iBasso DX300, which might have around 100 hours in total, mainly with the AMP12 module, and it works amazingly well. I've been using my Mojo2/Poly or Hugo2/2go more around the house, so I might list the iBasso DX300 with 3 amp modules I have, and I'm sure at some point, iBasso will work out the interference issue. Outside of that, it works fantastic but I'm starting to acquire far too much gear over the last few years and need to thin the herd.

Far as the wifi signal in my house, the way all the Ubiquiti gear is set up I get up to 1GB down if your device supports those speeds; hardwired I get around 1.5GB. So considering the entire house has no less than 90% speeds I don't the interference is getting better until iBasso releases a version that isn't a brick (the AMP13 that is) from interference. The saddest part is the AMP13 to my ears testing ZMF headphones, Focals, HD800s, and some higher-end Campfire Audio IEMs sounds pretty freaking awesome but not reworking my networking in my house.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #4,069 of 10,347
My testing using streaming service (Qobuz) with the DX323 reveals some of the interference others have commented on, when used in our house. It isn’t particularly severe, and occurs mainly at the beginning but it is noticeable. It’s a slight downside and potential inconvenience for sure, However, given the really excellent sound it offers, and the fact that I have around a terabyte of downloaded high res files to listen to I’m not really that bothered. For me, streaming was always of secondary importance. If it were more critical i might stay away from the amp13 module.

It‘s a shame folk are commenting so negatively about it. The real wonder of the DX323 is that iBasso have created a fantastic DAP with incredible tube sound in a smallish, not too expensive package. For all the ifs and buts it’s easy to forget what a rare and beautiful thing that is.

Jul 13, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #4,070 of 10,347
My testing using streaming service (Qobuz) with the DX323 reveals some of the interference others have commented on, when used in our house. It isn’t particularly severe, and occurs mainly at the beginning but it is noticeable. It’s a slight downside and potential inconvenience for sure, However, given the really excellent sound it offers, and the fact that I have around a terabyte of downloaded high res files to listen to I’m not really that bothered. For me, streaming was always of secondary importance. If it were more critical i might stay away from the amp13 module.

It‘s a shame folk are commenting so negatively about it. The real wonder of the DX323 is that iBasso have created a fantastic DAP with incredible tube sound in a smallish, not too expensive package. For all the ifs and buts it’s easy to forget what a rare and beautiful thing that is.
Didn't see anyone bashing the DX320 specifically
But I can understand if you pay $ 2K you want to enjoy your toy under any circumstance
I'm a streamer using Tidal Hifi Plus, Apple Lossless and Qobuz
Also knowing the issue with the crackling would annoy my ears from the first second
Just like I can't stand something squeaking in my car, house or anywhere
That's why I skipped the SP2000T but AK figured out how to solve their issue in the meantime
You say not expensive but remember out of reach for many many more than you think
Head-Fi is not exactly the average user of Hifi equipment ...

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #4,071 of 10,347
I've noticed that cables make huge impact difference in the IEM market. More so than either headphones or any other area.

These are the amps which are superior to both the AMP11mk2s & amp13 stock boards you tried:

Amp11MUSE-X(whitigir)
"Original" Amp11-EX(whitigir)
AMP12EX-S (whitigir)
Amp12EXN-S(Nayparm)

They all have more clarity, dynamics, and full range sound over the two available stock boards.
They all have a bit more soundstage depth & clarity over stock, or past boards with the added aspect of not being distant, tame, or flat.

You may have moved on to suit your own needs of portability, but just stating these points to show the realization that the dx320 remains in a unique position to remain at top-tier level..
Where to buy the Amp12EXN-S?

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #4,076 of 10,347
You say not expensive but remember out of reach for many many more than you think
Head-Fi is not exactly the average user of Hifi equipment ...
I’m only too aware of the cost, it was a significant stretch for me personally. I meant to put ‘too’ in italics - my point is that its not too expensive relative to other TOTL DAPs - apologies for not being clearer.

Jul 13, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #4,078 of 10,347
ouch, now I feel old since I've been downloading high res albums. I do stream but my streaming consists of just a playlist of favorite songs, but I like listening to whole albums
This! :smile: :thumbsup:

I feel this way. I can hear the crackling at the beginning of a song when streaming, but it doesn't bother me because it goes away within seconds. That few seconds of (very low volume) crackling is negated by the lovely sound that comes with the Amp13 card. Do I like it? No, but I also understand how difficult it must have been to engineer this modular system to begin with.

I might suggest (probably making me unpopular here) to those that are constantly complaining about it, simply send it back?! Problem taken care of. :) I don't think that iBasso will be able to solve this issue with a FW update. For every one of you that simply can't stand it, there are probably thousands that are enjoying the music.

Jul 13, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #4,079 of 10,347
This! :smile: :thumbsup:

I feel this way. I can hear the crackling at the beginning of a song when streaming, but it doesn't bother me because it goes away within seconds. That few seconds of (very low volume) crackling is negated by the lovely sound that comes with the Amp13 card. Do I like it? No, but I also understand how difficult it must have been to engineer this modular system to begin with.

I might suggest (probably making me unpopular here) to those that are constantly complaining about it, simply send it back?! Problem taken care of. :) I don't think that iBasso will be able to solve this issue with a FW update. For every one of you that simply can't stand it, there are probably thousands that are enjoying the music.
Mostly on the same page. Utilize, hopefully, a return policy....maybe for the DX320 itself, or maybe only the AMP13 module. Not every device can meet every user situation and environment.

This is not unlike when Apple had 'antenna gate' with the iPhone 4 in 2010 (geez time flies). Then CEO Steve Jobs was arrogant....and said, 'You're holding it wrong'. Didn't fly well. There was no work around, it was a physical issue. Apple got slapped with a class action lawsuit. It was found out engineering had alerted marketing & management of the issue. They settled.

The AMP13 problem, even though it can't be seen, is also a physical one. Requires shielding....which may have been found in product testing by iBasso, or not, we don't know. I"m speculating this wasn't a test scenario (scope limited), or just as likely it didn't happen in their test scenario because the environment was 'too sterile'. It could even be a limited environment issue in the sense that it doesn't happen with every manufacturer's WiFi system (again, impossible to test....budget, time and/or staff limits a manufacture's ability to acquire/test them all).

However, in this case there are 2 work arounds. One may not like the work arounds, i.e.download your streaming content, or don't use streaming content with AMP13 when connected to WiFi....but these are viable work arounds. They may soon be listed in AMP13 product literature as a foot note/design limitation.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #4,080 of 10,347
CR
Mostly on the same page. Utilize, hopefully, a return policy....maybe for the DX320 itself, or maybe only the AMP13 module. Not every device can meet every user situation and environment.

This is not unlike when Apple had 'antenna gate' with the iPhone 4 in 2010 (geez time flies). Then CEO Steve Jobs was arrogant....and said, 'You're holding it wrong'. Didn't fly well. There was no work around, it was a physical issue. Apple got slapped with a class action lawsuit. It was found out engineering had alerted marketing & management of the issue. They settled.

The AMP13 problem, even though it can't be seen, is also a physical one. Requires shielding....which may have been found in product testing by iBasso, or not, we don't know. I"m speculating this wasn't a test scenario (scope limited), or just as likely it didn't happen in their test scenario because the environment was 'too sterile'. It could even be a limited environment issue in the sense that it doesn't happen with every manufacturer's WiFi system (again, impossible to test....budget, time and/or staff limits a manufacture's ability to acquire/test them all).

However, in this case there are 2 work arounds. One may not like the work arounds, i.e.download your streaming content, or don't use streaming content with AMP13 when connected to WiFi....but these are viable work arounds. They may soon be listed in AMP13 product literature as a foot note/design limitation.
In my opinion, nothing about the whole DX 320 is 100% perfect. You don't want to have problems after problems at this price.
My opinion on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back