DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 10, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #3,916 of 10,347
This is interesting comment. I believe that I am coming to this conclusion as well. Amp 13 with it's noise while WiFi is on and not being able to use streaming apps sucks. This is android 11 which is great, lots of flexibility having android over AK firmware so losing features like streaming due to noise is no good.

I think everything else is acceptable : battery life, that's how it's designed it is not faulty, size is good, outputs plenty, USB dac function, Bluetooth is awesome. I think I was expecting it to turn into $3000 Dap when buying amp13, my mistake. Others say try amp12 so I will do that.

Btw some audio player apps list all artists in micro SD card as unknown. Anyone know why?
See, it is money must mean better thing. I have heard daps over 3000 and all it does is cost more but IMO, isn't any better and in some musicality, isn't as good but if it costs more, wow, it must be better. AK started this trend when they took over iRiver. Seeing that people mistook cost with excellence, they doubled and tripled prices people had seen before and at first their was sticker shock but then people bought into it and and now, well now, many are well indoctrinated and putting the cash on the table and companies like AK grin all the way to the bank.

Jul 10, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #3,917 of 10,347
See, it is money must mean better thing. I have heard daps over 3000 and all it does is cost more but IMO, isn't any better and in some musicality, isn't as good but if it costs more, wow, it must be better. AK started this trend when they took over iRiver. Seeing that people mistook cost with excellence, they doubled and tripled prices people had seen before and at first their was sticker shock but then people bought into it and and now, well now, many are well indoctrinated and putting the cash on the table and companies like AK grin all the way to the bank.
I also had similar experiences with DAP that costing 3-4K, and really, all it does it just costing more, while the performances can leave a lot to desires. Especially if you know what you are looking for, assuming that you have experienced All the differences between top tier desktops, and other systems…etc…The limitations for the portable market will exist, no matter what they do.

The first company that are trying to tackle this issues is Sony with DMP Z1, and then Ibasso following suit but is making it a lot more affordable (at least one of them, the batteries as a power source)

The only products that utilize all the correct technical aspects to command high pricing is Walkman with all the PML, PCB, Organic polymer, home made S-Master…etc…other brands do not have any of these components at all….. and let me state it Blunt, the Gold walkman is using a very expensive chassis And was marketed as a luxurious item, while the 1A which was marketed for common Products, is using the same Motherboard, with a much cheaper aluminum chassis and do not command 3K at all

People who keeps thinking that other off the shelves products can command 3-4K pricing is supporting these guys throat cutting pricing, and the same as whomever is supporting 7-8K cables , which I respectfully think should be boycotted For the better for this hobby sake

Now, I want to bring in one fresh example is that SP2K, and N8ii, are both using a very typical off the shelves stuff…..which Ibasso is also using, but charging 2X as much, and that is all there is to it. Some people would even claim that “products that commands lower pricing will automatically be taken as a lower tier products….so, MSRP should be higher to be taken as a flagship”. Thank you Ibasso for not doing such

Why do I appreciate and love Ibasso so much ? Because not only that it has similar build to other expensive DAPs , sound performances is Standing toes to toes …… and especially *** I can make it , and under my opinions, to become better, with the usage of the newest components, and bring it into what I like more. I can cater it toward my own.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #3,919 of 10,347
Don’t buy it for this. It’s the worst device I’ve seen to be used as a DAC.
The delay is so bad that the only thing you can listen to is music.
No gaming or watching videos. Audio/Video is completely out of sync and I’m not talking about a few ms.
umm no dap except the AK cube, doesn’t have delay I mean it’s border line transport…

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #3,920 of 10,347
About charging:

DX320 charges quickly with Huawei P30PRO charger

Charges slow with my Xiaomi 120W charger, or restarts the charging process. Does not burn out even if the charger isn't compatible with it

I can test with a Xiaomi slower charger and see if it works ok, just need to find it.
I can have quick charge , even posted a pic but no one seems to care. And i stream apple music and play diablo immortal on my dx320. No issue at all

Jul 10, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #3,921 of 10,347
I did notice some delay for playing shooter games while using DX320 as a DAC for my PC, but iBasso confirmed it is to be solved with the next firmware boys :)

Haven't gotten to watch videos on it yet, most of my usage was PC DAC + outdoors DAP for listening to music.

I can have quick charge , even posted a pic but no one seems to care. And i stream apple music and play diablo immortal on my dx320. No issue at all

I do care, I just didn't notice it working before, now it does, it just does not work with Xiaomi 120W charger. Huawei chargers work just fine tho.

I gotta try some Arknights on DX320 for fun. I play very minimalistic games on phones, only light puzzles and visual novels. But for that it would be awesome, big colorful display and good sound for the music track :)

Jul 10, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #3,922 of 10,347
I did notice some delay for playing shooter games while using DX320 as a DAC for my PC, but iBasso confirmed it is to be solved with the next firmware boys :)

Haven't gotten to watch videos on it yet, most of my usage was PC DAC + outdoors DAP for listening to music.

I do care, I just didn't notice it working before, now it does, it just does not work with Xiaomi 120W charger. Huawei chargers work just fine tho.

I gotta try some Arknights on DX320 for fun. I play very minimalistic games on phones, only light puzzles and visual novels. But for that it would be awesome, big colorful display and good sound for the music track :)
Have you tried plugging into USB-C port rather than USB-A? I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll give that way a shot. I frequently use my DX as a DAC on my PC for shorter amounts of time. I love that is is an all in one solution.

Although not the best solution, but don't forget that you can also use it as a reverse BT DAC. I have used it with my phone (just to test, can't figure out a good reason to use this otherwise except my TV) but I have never gotten it to work with my TV because it always asks me to input security code, but it never pops up on the DX. I mentioned this to iBasso way back on the DX160, and it has never been addressed... :frowning2: Not a deal-breaker for me though (just another thing to make it more versatile).

Jul 10, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #3,923 of 10,347
I also had similar experiences with DAP that costing 3-4K, and really, all it does it just costing more, while the performances can leave a lot to desires. Especially if you know what you are looking for, assuming that you have experienced All the differences between top tier desktops, and other systems…etc…The limitations for the portable market will exist, no matter what they do.

The first company that are trying to tackle this issues is Sony with DMP Z1, and then Ibasso following suit but is making it a lot more affordable (at least one of them, the batteries as a power source)

The only products that utilize all the correct technical aspects to command high pricing is Walkman with all the PML, PCB, Organic polymer, home made S-Master…etc…other brands do not have any of these components at all….. and let me state it Blunt, the Gold walkman is using a very expensive chassis And was marketed as a luxurious item, while the 1A which was marketed for common Products, is using the same Motherboard, with a much cheaper aluminum chassis and do not command 3K at all

People who keeps thinking that other off the shelves products can command 3-4K pricing is supporting these guys throat cutting pricing, and the same as whomever is supporting 7-8K cables , which I respectfully think should be boycotted For the better for this hobby sake

Now, I want to bring in one fresh example is that SP2K, and N8ii, are both using a very typical off the shelves stuff…..which Ibasso is also using, but charging 2X as much, and that is all there is to it. Some people would even claim that “products that commands lower pricing will automatically be taken as a lower tier products….so, MSRP should be higher to be taken as a flagship”. Thank you Ibasso for not doing such

Why do I appreciate and love Ibasso so much ? Because not only that it has similar build to other expensive DAPs , sound performances is Standing toes to toes …… and especially *** I can make it , and under my opinions, to become better, with the usage of the newest components, and bring it into what I like more. I can cater it toward my own.
It's a hobby for all of us
And I read a lot here and ask tons of questions - even that @German Expat in Vietnam got nuts of it I suppose - before I buy
Now it seems our friend changed his mind 180 degrees so who was right or wrong ?
With several 'things' involved as in any other hobby, I mean passion, emotions, personal sound preference and of course money
All of these - and a few more - decide what we buy
And I don't think we are in the position to boycot anyone
It's at least not up to me to say how much a product may or can cost and definitely not to say you shouldn't buy it
Don't forget the DX320 - even without Amp12 or 13 - is out of reach for many
Many more as we all think !
Talking AK and Cayin they are there and again up to all if you grab one or not
The AK SP2000 is still one of the better DAP
SP3000 arriving
The N8ii ... well you know all about it
Next if people want to spend 'some' money and let's say a Oriolus Traillii and PW Audio Orpheus plus a LP6 Ti AE ... fine for me
And I'm always happy to see people realize their dream
But should we criticize it ?
I don't think so and let's all have fun with the toys we own or have in mind ... 🙏

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #3,924 of 10,347
With several 'things' involved as in any other hobby meaning passion, emotions, personal sound preference and of course money
It's at least not up to me to say how much a product may or can cost and definitely not to say you shouldn't buy it
SP3000 arriving
Next if people want to spend 'some' money and let's say a Oriolus Traillii and PW Audio Orpheus plus a LP6 Ti AE ... fine for me
And I'm always happy to see people realize that dream
But should we criticize it ... 🤔
This journey is a bottomless pit. I owned Sony WM1A, AK Kann, Cayin N6 with E02 and this DX320. Each of it has its own pro and con.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #3,925 of 10,347
This journey is a bottomless pit. I owned Sony WM1A, AK Kann, Cayin N6 with E02 and this DX320. Each of it has its own pro and con.
As you say and it's not because you or I prefer or don't prefer what we hear that ...
We all have our own ideas or vision about 'THE perfect' sound even being it sometimes restricted due to ...

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #3,927 of 10,347
If you are comparing the same pair of iems paired up with the same source (from the same SE or BAL output) while playing the same track at the same volume level, and hear a difference in loudness between different cables, the change is due to impedance difference between those cables. Perhaps, that silver cable has thicker wires or doubles the number of wires which going to decrease the impedance and raise the signal level.
Thanks, that explains it, I've only got into IEM's in the last 12 to 18 months. Been in AV and while I could hear sound signature changes, I never paid attention to the actual volume on the preamp/amp, just how loud it was to the ears. Obviously IEM's don't work that lt way :)

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #3,928 of 10,347
The DX320 supports QC2, QC3, and PD3. Huawei uses a priority quick charging protocols. So does Samsung and OnePlus. Honestly there is like 9 or 10 QC protocols out there (3 from Huawei and 3 from OnePlus).

But a charger that supports any of the above (QC2 and 3 are both Qualcomm technologies). USB PD is most common and I think it's royalty free. and the DX320 will quick charge. You simply don't have a quick charger that supports any of those 3 protocols'. I have a USB Gan charger that does.all 3.it supports and it never goes above 20W. Still better then slow charging.and always defaults to PD3 by default.

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #3,929 of 10,347
About charging:

DX320 charges quickly with Huawei P30PRO charger

Charges slow with my Xiaomi 120W charger, or restarts the charging process. Does not burn out even if the charger isn't compatible with it

I can test with a Xiaomi slower charger and see if it works ok, just need to find it.

the DX320 supports QC2, QC3, and PD3. Huawei uses a priority quick charging protocol. So does Samsung and OnePlus. Honestly there is like 9 or 10 QC protocols out there (3 from Huawei and 3 from OnePlus). I have no idea what protocols Xiaomi. QC supports so that's would be the first thing to look up.

But a charger that supports any of the above (QC2 and 3 are both Qualcomm technologies "Qualcomm CPU" ). USB PD is most common and I think it's royalty free. and the DX320 will quick charge. You simply don't have a quick chargerer that supports any of those 3 protocols, at least not the one that does slow charging.. I have a USB Gan charger that does.all 3.it supports and it never goes above 20W. Still better then slow charging.and always defaults to PD3 by default.

You won't hurt the iBasso. All chargers fall back to 5V charging if it doesn't support the QC protocol. It will simply charge slower.

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #3,930 of 10,347
And I read a lot here and ask tons of questions - even that @German Expat in Vietnam got nuts of it I suppose - before I buy
Now it seems our friend changed his mind 180 degrees so who was right or wrong ?
With several 'things' involved as in any other hobby, I mean passion, emotions, personal sound preference and of course money
SP3000 arriving
And I'm always happy to see people realize their dream
But should we criticize it ?
I don't think so and let's all have fun with the toys we own or have in mind ... 🙏
@ analog and digital. I haven't gone insane. But the OG software simply has the best sound quality for me. I'm not talking about the first or 2 update. Unfortunately, the software is faulty. The original takes more than 4 hours to charge and the digital battery discharges incredibly fast and the Amp 13 does not work. Then the 1st update. Fast loading works, amp 13 works but the volume control doesn't work properly. And the sound has changed very much to the detriment. 2 update, quick loading works, amp13 works and the sound is better than after the 1 update but for me not as good as the original version. This is just my opinion and has nothing to do with going crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back