DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 10, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #3,890 of 10,347
For me and what sound i prefer DX 320 was only great with OG Firmware. But also full with bugs. No fast charging, Digital battery drains out very fast. Not possible used amp 13. No guys. Is for me not the yellow of the egg. But i hope for Steves Amp EXNs. Hope that fixes my Sound problems
Sorry you have had such a poor experience. You could always sell it off and get the DX300 again?!

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #3,891 of 10,347
Yes because that you can tell something about DX320 and not about 300 hahahahhaha
When I speak about experiences and tips to help others, they apply to both devices. Other than the sound (because of the Rohm DACS), and the faster battery drain, they are the same device... As for charging tricks and whatnot, it is the same; they have the same batteries.

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #3,892 of 10,347
Sorry you have had such a poor experience. You could always sell it off and get the DX300 again?!
No. No way. If im not happy with Steves amp i invested much money. Than i try for sell all and buy something from Sony or AK what can drive the Monarchs MKII and finished. The mostly China products have a upper mids what i not like and not more want to try. I dont know why the chinese like it.

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,893 of 10,347
No. No way. If im not happy with Steves amp i invested much money. Than i try for sell all and buy something from Sony or AK what can drive the Monarchs MKII and finished. The mostly China products have a upper mids what i not like and not more want to try. I dont know why the chinese like it.
I would have to agree with this (at least for headphones/IEMs/earbuds). I have often wondered why this is true most times also.

Well, hopefully you can find something that makes you happy?! Any ETA on your Amp12 card?

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,894 of 10,347
For things that cost almost 1900 USD?? That's a joke !! Hopefully. So for me it's not mature at all. The main thing is to put something on the market to make money !!!
Really? lol. My Supra needed an update on the computer program. Big deal. Stuff happens and nothing, I say nothing is perfect and especially perfect for everyone.

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #3,895 of 10,347
My dx320 say it is rapid charging aka quick charge. Why you guys mention no quick charge?
20220711_004857.jpg

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #3,896 of 10,347
Really? lol. My Supra needed an update on the computer program. Big deal. Stuff happens and nothing, I say nothing is perfect and especially perfect for everyone.
You may be right, but all these little things annoy me a lot. And all in all, it's too much. I think for the money I get something where I'm satisfied. But first I'm waiting for Amp12 EXNs, which aren't cheap either, and how I like the sound. Overall, as it is at the moment with software and so on with the 320, I'm a bit disappointed, especially how the sound signature has changed. But that's just my opinion.

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #3,897 of 10,347
For sure. And I actually think they did a great job with the DX320 considering they had to rush it to market. Sure there are going to be some bugs; a new stock amp card, new version of android, more power hungry DACs, etc... I get why they had to rush it a bit because the DX300 was not able to be made anymore, and that would leave iBasso without a flagship DAP. IMO that could really hurt their reputation and business as well as having other ramifications. Just my $.02 though!

Jul 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #3,898 of 10,347
I would have to agree with this (at least for headphones/IEMs/earbuds). I have often wondered why this is true most times also.

Well, hopefully you can find something that makes you happy?! Any ETA on your Amp12 card?
If I'm honest, the Monarch MKII are the only IEMs from China that I really like and are very well matched. Much better than the UM Mest MKII for example.Also than IT 07. At least for my taste. Well, nobody knows when my Amp 12 EXNs will be ready. I don't think Steve knows either as this is his first time installing the ADA 4625 opamps. Let's see. I'm waiting.

Jul 10, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #3,900 of 10,347
If I'm honest, the Monarch MKII are the only IEMs from China that I really like and are very well matched. Much better than the UM Mest MKII for example.Also than IT 07. At least for my taste. Well, nobody knows when my Amp 12 EXNs will be ready. I don't think Steve knows either as this is his first time installing the ADA 4625 opamps. Let's see. I'm waiting.
Do you still listen to your IT-07? I didn't know you still had them.

I found this sort of tuning to be VERY common with classic flathead earbuds, so I had to do a lot of research before buying them so that that wouldn't happen. I am very sensitive to that area being over boosted. While I have a couple that are indeed boosted, most of the ones I have aren't.

I don't really have any IEMs or headphones that have that tuning. I thought the IT-07 were that way in the beginning, but they really changed over time (to my ears), and I don't find it to be true anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back