DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #3,571 of 10,347
I try not to fall for the latest gimmick or get caught up with what people think they’re hearing with their eyes. But I have to comment on Amp 13. There really is something special to it. I am listening primarily to well recorded Yacht Rock and folk right now through the Sony IER-Z1R. The layering and depth is spectacular. I also agree that fluid is a great way to describe it. For me I would just say I find Amp 13 to be musical and engaging in the best senses of the words. It’s these moments why I listen to and love music.

ETA: Also on D2 filter setting. I think it sounds a bit fuller than D1.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #3,572 of 10,347
Im now listening the stock amp with OG firmware and the sound mindblowing. The separation, clarity, incredible intensity while maintaining a great balance. The sound kicks like hell, being smooth and not annoying at the same time. It reminds me my frieds Stax SRS-3010 (if i remember the model correctly). Its an electrostatic like performance. Super fast, super detailed, super engaging.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,573 of 10,347
Im now listening the stock amp with OG firmware and the sound mindblowing. The separation, clarity, incredible intensity while maintaining a great balance. The sound kicks like hell, being smooth and not annoying at the same time. It reminds me my frieds Stax SRS-3010 (if i remember the model correctly). Its an electrostatic like performance. Super fast, super detailed, super engaging.
What is cool is being able to coast back and forth between FWs if desired. It takes me a couple of minutes to change. If a person wants the 1st SW, then stick with it. It is all good when you have choices. IMO

Listening to some more Eva Cassidy, Songbird. Taken way too young.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #3,574 of 10,347
Did you read what I wrote? And now you like to insult as well? I said I like the 3rd as well. That doesn't mean I do not hear a difference, it means I like it as well as the first, not that they are the same. And he does troll, says he is leaving and then pops back up to troll some more. Use the original software if that is what you prefer. It worked fine for me with the UI so I don't see the issue. Use what you like. Being angry isn't healthy.
Yes you are right I am angry but at iBasso. The 3rd software seems to be geared specifically towards Amp 13. But if I want to use other amplifiers like the original amp 12 EX, EXN or the s versions, I always have to change the firmware in a complex process. This drives me crazy!!!

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #3,575 of 10,347
Yes you are right I am angry but at iBasso. The 3rd software seems to be geared specifically towards Amp 13. But if I want to use other amplifiers like the original amp 12 EX, EXN or the s versions, I always have to change the firmware in a complex process. This drives me crazy!!!
I have a shortcut on my computer to the 660 Tool and it takes me a couple of minutes to change. Right now listening to software 3 and loving it but I understand totally. If you prefer one to the other. BTW I am using the 3rd with the AMP11MK2s right now. When I do change back to the 3rd, I restart 4 times and I do find it makes a nice improvement in sound. I don't care for it when 1st updated but restarted 4 times, for what ever reason, brings about an audible improvement.

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #3,578 of 10,347
I have a shortcut on my computer to the 660 Tool and it takes me a couple of minutes to change. Right now listening to software 3 and loving it but I understand totally. If you prefer one to the other. BTW I am using the 3rd with the AMP11MK2s right now. When I do change back to the 3rd, I restart 4 times and I do find it makes a nice improvement in sound. I don't care for it when 1st updated but restarted 4 times, for what ever reason, brings about an audible improvement.
But I still think it's very bloody. If you could switch the player from A/B in connection with a restart, it would be good.

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #3,579 of 10,347
Yeah it would be great if IBasso added a change function through an additional filter for example.
Anyways, i ordered AK Kann Max and will be doing comparisons. Unfortunately, need to wait one week for the AK.
The winner is going to stay with me. In case the dx320 will be going, i have a buyer already.
The main reason is the size of the dx320. Im traveling a lot this year. Second reason is the issue with the fw but not the most important one.
But there is a big chance that the Max will be going back as i really love two sound flavors that dx320 is able to deliver right now, will see.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,580 of 10,347
Yeah it would be great if IBasso added a change function through an additional filter for example.
Anyways, i ordered AK Kann Max and will be doing comparisons. Unfortunately, need to wait one week for the AK.
The winner is going to stay with me. In case the dx320 will be going, i have a buyer already.
At the Ak Kann Max i have think also

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #3,581 of 10,347
Amp11.2s + Monarch Mk2, OG fw. This isn't a typical music listening session. Its an experience. And it's just mp3.

Attachments

• 20220702_195756.jpg
    20220702_195756.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 0
Jul 2, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #3,583 of 10,347
Jul 2, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #3,584 of 10,347
I for one am perfectly happy with the newest FW and stock amp…can’t be bothered to switch back and forth between firmwares.
I have a custom 12EXN coming Tues from Steve, and am eager to hear how it pairs with the 320 (I had 12EX with the 300 and absolutely adored it).

2CC846FD-0B05-4BD4-AAAD-DFACAE4D0CD6.jpeg

Jul 2, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #3,585 of 10,347

Users who are viewing this thread

Back