DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #3,437 of 10,346
What gain and volume level should use for AMP13 LO to desktop amp ? Thanks

Lowest gains and at least 75% volume lvl. I recommend you set your desktop to 0 lvl sound and set ibasso to 100% and go from there by adjusting till you get best sound levels but you need at least 75 to 80 % volume from ibasso to not lose dynamics

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #3,438 of 10,346
I use the AMP13 from the low voltage side for a LO and it is extremely good.

What gain and volume level should use for AMP13 LO to desktop amp ? Thanks
Speaking of which, and even though it isn't labeled as such, apparently the low voltage output IS meant as a LO (which makes sense considering the power output of that connector).

I switched over to Mango OS and while I was turning the volume up/down with the screen on I noticed something. When you turn the wheel, you will see a circle that gets smaller/larger depending on the current volume. You will see the percent in the middle as text. Well, down below that and when you are plugged into the lower voltage output (on Amp13 card) there will also be text that says "Lineout", where it does not when plugged into the higher voltage ouput. Though I actually prefer the lower voltage output for most of my headger. It is the "tubier" sound to my ears. YMMV :)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #3,439 of 10,346
Hi everyone -

I recently purchased a A&K SP2000 but was offered the DX320 for my HD800s + Norne cable which is pretty good trade I think. Do you guys think there's a big enough difference between the SP2K and the DX320 to proceed? I'm completely new to IEMs and daps so don't have the best idea about each DAPs.

Will be using Amazon music offline mode and have the following IEMs - Shure SE846, Westone W80, Empire Ear Phantom

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #3,440 of 10,346
Speaking of which, and even though it isn't labeled as such, apparently the low voltage output IS meant as a LO (which makes sense considering the power output of that connector).

I switched over to Mango OS and while I was turning the volume up/down with the screen on I noticed something. When you turn the wheel, you will see a circle that gets smaller/larger depending on the current volume. You will see the percent in the middle as text. Well, down below that and when you are plugged into the lower voltage output (on Amp13 card) there will also be text that says "Lineout", where it does not when plugged into the higher voltage ouput. Though I actually prefer the lower voltage output for most of my headger. It is the "tubier" sound to my ears. YMMV :)
I noticed this too.

Im actually really confused by iBasso’s implementation of the LO. What is difference between a variable line out and a headphone out? Surely they’re basically both the same? My expectation for a line out is that it’s a fixed volume otherwise what’s the point?

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #3,441 of 10,346
I noticed this too.

Im actually really confused by iBasso’s implementation of the LO. What is difference between a variable line out and a headphone out? Surely they’re basically both the same? My expectation for a line out is that it’s a fixed volume otherwise what’s the point?
In this case I think the only difference is output power from the amp card(s).

Jun 29, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #3,442 of 10,346
Hi everyone -

I recently purchased a A&K SP2000 but was offered the DX320 for my HD800s + Norne cable which is pretty good trade I think. Do you guys think there's a big enough difference between the SP2K and the DX320 to proceed? I'm completely new to IEMs and daps so don't have the best idea about each DAPs.

Will be using Amazon music offline mode and have the following IEMs - Shure SE846, Westone W80, Empire Ear Phantom
Please check a comparison from me in this thread few pages back. In short - they are very different sounding DAPs.

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #3,443 of 10,346
Thoroughly enjoying the DX320 still setup with stock amp. Most use is with AKG 701. Big fan of the 701 detail/soundstage, but wanting a little more bottom end (accurate & full, no slam).

Really wish iBasso would have a system wide EQ on the Android side, or have Android 11 setup (rooted) so it could take advantage of the system wide Poweramp EQ app. Qobuz doesn't have an EQ in app, and not a Tidal fan. Not sure I want to go the self rooted path, even though it's something I'm done in the past, sometimes a process when you're MacOS based.

Upgradeitis has hit again....anyone using the Audeze LCD-X?

Or...maybe the Amp13 and the AKG701 would provide a little more bottom end without losing the detail/soundstage?

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,445 of 10,346
Thoroughly enjoying the DX320 still setup with stock amp. Most use is with AKG 701. Big fan of the 701 detail/soundstage, but wanting a little more bottom end (accurate & full, no slam).

Really wish iBasso would have a system wide EQ on the Android side, or have Android 11 setup (rooted) so it could take advantage of the system wide Poweramp EQ app. Qobuz doesn't have an EQ in app, and not a Tidal fan. Not sure I want to go the self rooted path, even though it's something I'm done in the past, sometimes a process when you're MacOS based.

Upgradeitis has hit again....anyone using the Audeze LCD-X?

Or...maybe the Amp13 and the AKG701 would provide a little more bottom end without losing the detail/soundstage?
Is there a good system wide EQ for Android rooted ?

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #3,446 of 10,346
Is there a good system wide EQ for Android rooted ?
About a week ago it was asked about Poweramp EQ standalone app....so I downloaded it to give it a try. The trial is 'full' for 30 days before payment required.

So far, Poweramp EQ is not completely initializing (although it never crashes/force quits). The app looks for/requires being able to 'insert' itself into the audio stream (which iBasso may have locked down). While I can enable 'Audio Processing', the EQ piece never kicks in, the 'Known Player' feature never shows any app that it is processing from. In the 'Known Player' section you can authorize or not which apps you want to have EQ'd. In the app's settings, there's an experimental setting that half initializes, called Advanced Player Tracking, but only the 'Notification Listener Permissions' gets granted. The other permission, labeled 'Dump Permision' never does. I'm guessing it'd need root permission, as it talks about some ADB commands. I'm time limited (self employed FWP) and haven't dug into that.

Previously on HTC and a One+ device I used VIPER4Android, which was system wide, but (obviously) required rooting. If I hadn't been using that option, the Poweramp EQ app would take it's place (didn't exist back then I don't believe).

If anyone has any luck (rooted or not) with getting Poweramp EQ working (or any system wide EQ)...would love to hear the details!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #3,447 of 10,346
I received AMP13 today, wow! in one word : ADDICTIVE :L3000:
I prefer the left plug after some tries, enough power for me even in medium gain.

The whole album sounds great with amp13 but this tune...:scream:
Screenshot_20220629-204730.png

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #3,448 of 10,346
I received AMP13 today, wow! in one word : ADDICTIVE :L3000:
I prefer the left plug after some tries, enough power for me even in medium gain.

The whole album sounds great with amp13 but this tune...:scream:
Screenshot_20220629-204730.png
Try playing Innuendo :)

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #3,449 of 10,346
After about 5 full charges playing, this DX 320 with the stock amp card 11MK2s, combined with Meze’s Advar, produces about the same sound sig as my former hifi rig (consisting of Musical Fidelity and Monitor Audio’s). Very impressive at this price point and very happy now that’s this sound is portable. Hours and hours of non fatigue listening, just music. 🎉 Playing on low gain and slow roll off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back