DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 19, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #3,019 of 10,347
I think you will be good with stock amp. Sure the EXN improves some things but i think it was mainly meant for the dx300.
I would give a stock amp a good 200h burn in and then you can decide if you like the sound. But overall the stock amp sounds bit livelier.
If you want the best of the best tho, then the amp13 improves everything even farther.
That was great news as it will save us ~$500!!! But immediately after this great news, now firmware upgrade is announced again and now the sound is back to OG firmware's sound, meaning AMP12 and AMP12EXN is once again better for Firmware 2.02.834 sound?
Upgraded to the newest firmware. This firmware has similar sound performances as the OG

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #3,022 of 10,347
The only problem with this amp is that there is no LO on the Amp13 card (they are both PO), so you would be double amping the signal. The next issue is that even the lower V output from the card has more power than the output of that amp @170mW/32Ohms (or at least similar IIRC). So while it will sound louder, it will be because you are double amping the signal, and thereby adding distortion and noise. But, If it sounds good to your ears and gets the volume boost you are wanting, then you have obtained a winner. :)
Like I said, waiting to see. I e just had very good luck with Aiyima products and for the cost, a replaceable 800Mah battery, tools to open it and a replaceable op amp chip. Below 8s from Aiyima's site. 26 bucks.

Operational amplifier chip: NE5532*2
Replaceable op amp chip: OPA2604, OPA2314, LM4562, NE5532, etc.

Also, some people are pairing, this which is pretty hard core regarding mixing a DAP and a headphone AMP :) I have zero doubts that it sounds great, but that's a lot of power.(especially with an added LPS)

Also, while in mango OS with the AMP13, if you plug into the corner jack and adjust the volume it says LO, I think there is a setting in MangoOS but can't remember off the top of my head. Now, that's probably because iBasso didn't want to make UI changes although they would have had to add the LO when turning the volume wheel while plugged into the left jack.

Regardless, for 26 bucks I'll figure a use for it even if it isn't with the DX320.

Jun 19, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #3,024 of 10,347
I did a quick comparison: 11.2s vs 12EXN vs 13.

11.2 sounds the sharpest and rawest from them all. But still very good in showing what the ROHMs are capable of in a very transparent way. Bit shallower stage with very good width. Still needs at least 80h of burn in so not a final statement.

12EXN is more organic, with slight mid bass boost and very sweet and extended hights. It has bit narrower stage vs 11.2 but better holography and depth. The stage is more "radar" like where the sound doesnt reach towards the shoulders immediately but its spreads infront of my head and then gets wide.

13 huge stage in all directions, no compromises, definitely the biggest from them all. Wide, deep, holographic, tons of air, enhanced by reverbs- amazing.
The most organic and natural timbre, with a characteristic tube bloom to the notes. Very clean, i can hear the hights even more extended, but the sharpness doesnt exists- NEVER. The most balanced sound, very even and mature, where the main WOW factor is in staging, not in highlighted frequencies.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #3,026 of 10,347
I did a quick comparison: 11.2s vs 12EXN vs 13.

11.2 sounds the sharpest and rawest from them all. But still very good in showing what the ROHMs are capable of in a very transparent way. Bit shallower stage with very good width. Still needs at least 80h of burn in so not a final statement.

12EXN is more organic, with slight mid bass boost and very sweet and extended hights. It has bit narrower stage vs 11.2 but better holography and depth. The stage is more "radar" like where the sound doesnt reach towards the shoulders immediately but its spreads infront of my head and then gets wide.

13 huge stage in all directions, no compromises, definitely the biggest from them all. Wide, deep, holographic, tons of air, enhanced by reverbs- amazing.
The most organic and natural timbre, with a characteristic tube bloom to the notes. Very clean, i can hear the hights even more extended, but the sharpness doesnt exists- NEVER. The most balanced sound, very even and mature, where the main WOW factor is in staging, not in highlighted frequencies.
thanks for the updated comparisons. so the nutube amp ends up having the most natural sound huh. sounds like the amp12exn is the 2nd choice only if amp13 lacks power?

Jun 19, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #3,027 of 10,347
thanks for the updated comparisons. so the nutube amp ends up having the most natural sound huh. sounds like the amp12exn is the 2nd choice only if amp13 lacks power?
Yes, for me amp13 is at least one step up from 11.2s. It elevates the dx320 to a new level in every regard- not a side grade- a definite upgrade in terms of sound. IMHO.
If the amp13 lacks power for your headphones, then you have no choice and need to go for another amp. Which one- 11.2s or EXN/EX? Well that depands on headphones you use. With my iems, i would rank this way EXN>11.2s. But it could change with full sized headphones, depending on a model. And as i mentioned, my 11.2s isnt fully burned in. It now has around 70h, maybe less and from my experience, most of amps sounded the worst in this burn in stage. But dont get me wrong, its a great sounding amp.

Jun 19, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #3,028 of 10,347
Hi,

How do I control the Album sort when displaying albums per an artist?
Looks as if it is alphabetically, but I would like to do this according to date of release.

thanks!
Ofir

Jun 19, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #3,029 of 10,347
My favourite headphones with the DX320 is hard wired and can’t be upgraded to balanced cables. Does anyone know if the SE connection with stock amp sees both ROHM chips. If “no” I will need to get a new IEM.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #3,030 of 10,347
Windows should install drivers no? Did you connect others Android devices on you pc?
Else the good old method : reboot Windows :relaxed:
For some reason, the USB 3 ports on the front of my case do not like the 320. But the rear ones do. Different bus I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back