DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 18, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #3,001 of 10,359
I guess nothing for the lip sync issue?
I've had odd results when using it as a USB DAC but local lipsynch issues are still an issue, at least with YouTube on the DX320, who is all I tested as far as video streaming apps directly on the DX320.

On my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 I have zero lipsynch issues when using the DX320 as a USB DAC. I also own a Dune HD Vision Pro Solo, which I use for all local media. The audio lags behind on Colby TryeHD or Atmos embedded in a Dolby TrueHD signal, but not DD+, Atmos embedded in DD+, or vanilla DD, DTS, or stereo. I have the same lipsynch issue with DTS-HD MA Luckily the Dune has forward and backwards lipsynch correction so it can be fixed but typically most media players can only delay the audio signal.

I do hope they fix it on the DX320 as the screen would be great for watching a movie on a flight or something simar. When using it as a USB DAC it seems to depend on the device, or possibly sound format. I've yet to test the ATV4K although I believe it lacks any USB outputs/inputs so it may not be possible.

Jun 18, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #3,002 of 10,359
I know this sounds totally crazy and I have no explanation for it, but I was told to do 4 reboots after a local update. Install the update, take a listen to your favorite track. Then, do 4 restarts, those are usually fast. Could it be placebo effect because I was told about it and expecting the improvement? Maybe, who knows, but 4 reboots are relatively quick so I'm not going by a distant memory, and it sounds more dynamic and more holographic to my ears. Have no idea how to explain this.
That seems very, very odd but at the same time I just did the latest update and so I'm trying it now but memory placebo effect is always a factor. Roughly 30 seconds a reboot so 2 minutes total.

Jun 18, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #3,003 of 10,359
I've had odd results when using it as a USB DAC but local lipsynch issues are still an issue, at least with YouTube on the DX320, who is all I tested as far as video streaming apps directly on the DX320.

On my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 I have zero lipsynch issues when using the DX320 as a USB DAC. I also own a Dune HD Vision Pro Solo, which I use for all local media. The audio lags behind on Colby TryeHD or Atmos embedded in a Dolby TrueHD signal, but not DD+, Atmos embedded in DD+, or vanilla DD, DTS, or stereo. I have the same lipsynch issue with DTS-HD MA Luckily the Dune has forward and backwards lipsynch correction so it can be fixed but typically most media players can only delay the audio signal.

I do hope they fix it on the DX320 as the screen would be great for watching a movie on a flight or something simar. When using it as a USB DAC it seems to depend on the device, or possibly sound format. I've yet to test the ATV4K although I believe it lacks any USB outputs/inputs so it may not be possible.
I’m thinking they can’t fix it. I really like music videos and such so it’s a drag. I have no issues with my M17 with lip sync but it’s heavy to hold. Plus I like the sound of the DX 320 better.

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #3,004 of 10,359
Upgraded to the newest firmware. This firmware has similar sound performances as the OG, and my Amp13 still has reverse volume 😂. But it doesn’t matter anyways.

Though when using with headphones to the high gain output, there are distortions. So, I only use low gain for now, the cleanest and best performing of the Amp13

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #3,005 of 10,359
Upgraded to the newest firmware. This firmware has similar sound performances as the OG, and my Amp13 still has reverse volume 😂. But it doesn’t matter anyways.

Though when using with headphones to the high gain output, there are distortions. So, I only use low gain for now, the cleanest and best performing of the Amp13
I can get away with using low gain output with most of my head gear but have the player in high gain at all times. The P1s are cutting it pretty close and have very little headroom, but the HD700 (150Ohm) surprisingly do well in low gain output.

You didn't have the same issue with your Amp13 card in the DX300 (volume reversed) did you? I did not, and was just wondering if this is relegated to the DX320 only?!

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #3,006 of 10,359

How about medium gain? Are you hearing distortions too?
In my case this update fixed all the issues with a volume. I even have Rapid charging displayed :relaxed: When having 80% on digital and plugged the charger, it showed 6 mins to full. But when came back after a couple mins it was at 91% and showing 30 mins left haha. So its rapid mixed with fast which is probably better for battery.
I also find the sound sightly more detailed in comparison to the previous fw. I would say its even slightly better but it could be placebo :p

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #3,007 of 10,359

I would use the 660 Tool. I haven't had any issue with the volume control but also no issue with any distortion with the SR2 or the Utopia.

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #3,009 of 10,359
Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #3,010 of 10,359
I still have the problem with black screen in the new firmware when I select some tracks from an album list in Mango OS (the microsd is scanned multiple times), and sometimes the % of scanning stucks in 100% and stays in the screen, this is fixed with a re-scan.

Jun 18, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #3,011 of 10,359
Well, I figured an amp at this price, it was worth a shot and seeing if there is any volume increase using the 3.5mm LO output instead of the middle jack. I've had good experiences with Aiyima products before and the fact that it's size, cost, and replaceable 800Mah battery was worth the money as I can return it or keep it for other purposes. Pretty new but seems well worth it at the price of it with what you get. That and it comes with tools to easily remove and replace the battery, which appears to be a double A size so more options that way by carrying an extra battery or 2.

Seems redundant, I know but still would like louder volume from the AMP13 for my Monarchs although I understand why the amp output is limited, even on the middle PO 3.5mm jack and why iBasso chose a dual 3.5mm unbalanced ports vs balanced and unbalanced.

Obviously there are higher power ones like the Topping X7 and the KAEI TAP-1s is way higher at a much higher price point (especially the KAEI TAP-1s, even with no LPS). With the AMP13 the balanced inputs seem like a waste and the 4.4mm port on PO on stock AMP11 card is more than enough as far as power. The topping might work, give highest amplification, but costs almost 5 times as much but the KAEI TAP-1s, especially with a LPS. Isn't portable by any means and almost double the price of the NX7 and I highly doubt I would use the tube function of the KAEI TAP-1s, it would more then likely be just an AMP as you can bypass the Tube amplification if you want and I keep digging the NuTube sound the more I listen but maybe both may produce magic : 😂

Really, really loving the sound of the AMP13, probably at 75 hours so more time and roughly the same time on my Monarch MKII's so neither are fully broken in. Monarch and DX320 gave some of my favorite gutter punk folk songs all new meaning. Who knew a washboard could be layered and not muddled in with everything else.

I'm amazed at how warm and analogue it sounds while minimal detail is lost similar to digital "accurate" DAPs. At least with the right IEM's. The FiiO M11 Plus and FH9's paired together sounded great yet somehow managed to suck all the fun and emotion out of the music and those are my number 2 requirements regardless of specs. If they don't want to make me listen to more music then they aren't worth it to ME, regardless of price. The ADVAR's sound magical on the AMP13, especially guitar (electric or acoustic). I highly recommend trying them out if you have the chance. Also the most comfortable IEM's ever. Obviously sound is the most important but I can sleep with these, roll over asleep and not even notice. They just fit perfectly in my ear canal but maybe I'm lucky.

Attachments

• PXL_20220619_031046234.jpg
    PXL_20220619_031046234.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220619_030606110.jpg
    PXL_20220619_030606110.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 0
Jun 19, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #3,012 of 10,359
Well, I figured an amp at this price, it was worth a shot and seeing if there is any volume increase using the 3.5mm LO output instead of the middle jack. I've had good experiences with Aiyima products before and the fact that it's size, cost, and replaceable 800Mah battery was worth the money as I can return it or keep it for other purposes.
The only problem with this amp is that there is no LO on the Amp13 card (they are both PO), so you would be double amping the signal. The next issue is that even the lower V output from the card has more power than the output of that amp @170mW/32Ohms (or at least similar IIRC). So while it will sound louder, it will be because you are double amping the signal, and thereby adding distortion and noise. But, If it sounds good to your ears and gets the volume boost you are wanting, then you have obtained a winner. :)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #3,013 of 10,359
The only problem with this amp is that there is no LO on the Amp13 card (they are both PO), so you would be double amping the signal. The next issue is that even the lower V output from the card has more power than the output of that amp @170mW/32Ohms (or at least similar IIRC). So while it will sound louder, it will be because you are double amping the signal, and thereby adding distortion and noise. But, If it sounds good to your ears and gets the volume boost you are wanting, then you have obtained a winner. :)
I have run the low voltage out of the AMP13 through my electrostatic amp and it sounds very transparent and dynamic. The amount of circuitry is small, very short traces and I was surprised how very good it sounds.

Jun 19, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #3,014 of 10,359
My 320 is, say, USB Device not recognized when I plug it into my PC. What do I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back