DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 18, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #2,991 of 10,346
I know this sounds totally crazy and I have no explanation for it, but I was told to do 4 reboots after a local update. Install the update, take a listen to your favorite track. Then, do 4 restarts, those are usually fast. Could it be placebo effect because I was told about it and expecting the improvement? Maybe, who knows, but 4 reboots are relatively quick so I'm not going by a distant memory, and it sounds more dynamic and more holographic to my ears. Have no idea how to explain this. Anybody else hears the same?

And despite 3.5mm SE limitation and intermittent crackling with wifi on when streaming, I think amp13 will be staying permanently attached to DX320, at least for now :D

Jun 18, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #2,992 of 10,346
I know this sounds totally crazy and I have no explanation for it, but I was told to do 4 reboots after a local update. Install the update, take a listen to your favorite track. Then, do 4 restarts, those are usually fast. Could it be placebo effect because I was told about it and expecting the improvement? Maybe, who knows, but 4 reboots are relatively quick so I'm not going by a distant memory, and it sounds more dynamic and more holographic to my ears. Have no idea how to explain this. Anybody else hears the same?

And despite 3.5mm SE limitation and intermittent crackling with wifi on when streaming, I think amp13 will be staying permanently attached to DX320, at least for now :D
I am listening to some Mozart clarinet quartets with AMP13 and either the SR2 or the Utopia. Extreme! The timbre and holographic feel to it all, excellent. Wonderful stuff!

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #2,993 of 10,346
I am listening to some Mozart clarinet quartets with AMP13 and either the SR2 or the Utopia. Extreme! The timbre and holographic feel to it all, excellent. Wonderful stuff!
Which album in particular?

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #2,995 of 10,346
Hey guys! Cannot aply the update localy..message: failed to install update package! how many free space is required? I downloaded the package around 10 times..always the same message! Thanks for help! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Did you unzip the download? The new zip file is the firmware you put onto and SD card. You will also see the instruction and change log if you unzip the original zip file.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #2,997 of 10,346
Yes. I found it odd that you download a zip file to unzip and have a readme.txt and the actual zip file that needs to go to the root of the internal storage. If you don't if fails immediately. I would personally rather download the zip and readme txt that's ready to be installed but whatever works. Just slightly confusing the first time I did a manual update.

Jun 18, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #2,998 of 10,346
A new Firmware for your DX320 is on the 1st page! Enjoy all of the Music!!

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Improved the compatibility with the AMP13 AMP card.
2. Improved the compatibility with Neutron. (Android OS)
3. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that the ID3 was incorrect when the file was played for the first time. (Mango OS)
4. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that media scanning would cause a system crash. (Mango OS)

Thanks so much Paul, can you please make dsd native output via coaxial, pls pls pls 🙂😇

Jun 18, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #2,999 of 10,346
I guess nothing for the lip sync issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back