DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 18, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #2,957 of 10,347
I bought it from Moon Audio. The thing is that their customer service is kinda bad for me. Sometimes it takes too long or never reply to me. If I return it, it will take at least a week to get a new one. But I really wanna try the amp13.
Are the screws on AMP13 different from the other AMPS? Isn't there one delivered with the Player?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #2,958 of 10,347
A nice saturday to everybody here! it will be very hot here :sunny::fire::fire:
Someone can perhaps answer to my question : is this adapter ok for plugging 4.4 balanced cable on AMP13 (if I buy it lol)
https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/adap...-35mm-asymetrique-male-plaque-or-p-15260.html
Lavricables, where I bought my cable, make adapters but it's a little expensive for an adapter I think, though he's doing a really great job :thumbsup::thumbsup:
https://www.lavricables.com/cables/...ht-angle-l-shape-straight-3-5mm-interconnect/
35€ vs 180€, not the same quality for sure, what a dilemma :sweat_smile:
Rigatio what would you do?? :wink: Does a good cable worth a good adapter?
Third choice a 7700$ cable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Yeah, we had our hot spell this last week. It was 111 where I am, which is VERY uncommon this time of year for where I live. My wife's hillbilly sister said it best "WOW! It is hotter than the devil's b**lsack!" :smiling_imp:

It has been my experience (and others that I have read about) that DDHifi makes good quality adapters/interconnects. I would trust that it will be good. I have a couple of these for 2.5mm to 4.4mm and they are fantastic (I hear no impact on the sound at all). As a matter of fact, I will most likely be getting one of those that you linked to. I ordered this one, and while it works great, it is super heavy (which makes me nervous about damaging the jack in the long run). Normally I am not a fan of extra connectors/adapters, but since most of my head gear is in either 2.5mm balanced, or 4.4mm balanced, I have to in order to use the Amp13 card.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #2,960 of 10,347
Yeah, we had our hot spell this last week. It was 111 where I am, which is VERY uncommon this time of year for where I live. My wife's hillbilly sister said it best "WOW! It is hotter than the devil's b**lsack!" :smiling_imp:

It has been my experience (and others that I have read about) that DDHifi makes good quality adapters/interconnects. I would trust that it will be good. I have a couple of these for 2.5mm to 4.4mm and they are fantastic (I hear no impact on the sound at all). As a matter of fact, I will most likely be getting one of those that you linked to. I ordered this one, and while it works great, it is super heavy (which makes me nervous about damaging the jack in the long run). Normally I am not a fan of extra connectors/adapters, but since most of my head gear is in either 2.5mm balanced, or 4.4mm balanced, I have to in order to use the Amp13 card.
Thanx for advice, I'll save some money so...

Jun 18, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #2,962 of 10,347
To come back to amp discussions, I've just tried the AMP12EXN and I think it's more done for DX300. AMP11mkIIs is really good, wider soundstage, more détails, perhaps a little less bass impact and just a little fatiguing in treble section but I'm sensible to it in général and it's not burned in yet. Of course it's just my humble opinion :)

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #2,963 of 10,347
Yea, I was directed to this thread to find differences between amps, but it's quite messy tbh. For example, I'm still not sure if you prefer the stock amp over the amp12exn or amp12. I recall you said amp12exn sounds better than stock amp after firmware upgrade, but also that after burn-in, stock amp sounds good (but I'm not if sure you said it was better/worse than amp12exn).

Would greatly appreciate if you can clearly rank the amps again based on your current impressions.
E.g, AMP12EXN was supposed to increase the soundstage, etc., but if stock amp improves after burn-in, I'm not sure if you ever said how it compares to the AMP12EXN. And as for bass, AMP12EXN was supposed to increase bass and sub-bass from what I recall reading, but not sure if there's any mention of how stock amp+new firmware compares.

The AMP12EXN will cost around $500, so this is actually a very important point, considering we'll be getting the AMP13 for sure already.

And regarding firmware, sound wise, is it your opinion that it is better to upgrade to the new firmware regardless of which amp we use?
I think you will be good with stock amp. Sure the EXN improves some things but i think it was mainly meant for the dx300.
I would give a stock amp a good 200h burn in and then you can decide if you like the sound. But overall the stock amp sounds bit livelier.
If you want the best of the best tho, then the amp13 improves everything even farther.

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #2,964 of 10,347
To come back to amp discussions, I've just tried the AMP12EXN and I think it's more done for DX300. AMP11mkIIs is really good, wider soundstage, more détails, perhaps a little less bass impact and just a little fatiguing in treble section but I'm sensible to it in général and it's not burned in yet. Of course it's just my humble opinion :)
I agree with you.

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #2,967 of 10,347
I made another test for battery life from 100%, low gain, balanced 4.4mm, just local music with screen off and gives me 9 hours, a lot better compared with my first impression and closer to my DX300 numbers ☺️
it seems a very very decent number. ever tried with neutron DSD 256 on? how are thermals?

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #2,968 of 10,347
I agree here.

Also we have an aspect overlooked, which is how the IEMs respond to different cable.
It's not about "sound of a cable". They trick you with "cables have no sound".
Very misleading and deceiving. That's not the issue.
It is not only what the cable is doing (RCL aspects, plus shielding issues, plus insulation type, are all "not-adding-sound" issues which are still affecting the sound outcome, regardless), but now, how the cable will affect the IEM topology (!).

IEMs are not simple headphones.
You must think of them as mini speakers, as they have complex crossovers to deal with before the sound reaches the many drivers.

Many IEM units can be having 4 different types (DD,BA,EST,even bone conduction) of drivers, separated by crossover in frequency, and also stacked, doubled or quadrupled. We talking at least 3-4way crossovers or more feeding over 10 drivers on average. Different drivers performing differently with different impedance response to frequencies.

So changing a cable is no longer a simple wire change. It is now a variable aspect of the IEMs complex crossover network, as seen from the amp outputs...

Use the screws and screwdriver you had with the old amp.
Yes! This is definitely it! People can’t take the frequencies and impedance changes serious enough. This happened a lot in multi drivers, and in every materials. Hence the cables and it different materials do effect the sounds

However, researching and producing wires, insulations …etc is the job from the wires makers. There are only 3 manufacturers in the world. There is ZERO cables maker who DEVELOPED their own Wires/insulations at all!! Except KIMBER!!

So, anyone beside KIMBER, selling $7-8K, or even remotely close …. Is disrespectful toward the enthusiasts, and should be disposed off! Just for the better of this industry and hobby as a whole pictures. You can opt to buy cables from other makers, for example, PlusSound !! This maker started out as an enthusiasts, with his research for which wires and where to source, then made a business out of it. You can bet that he can find the exact wires that went into those expensive cables and make it for you at a more affordable price!

Again, what makes KIMBER being expensive ?

1/ they develop and produce their own wires (niche of a niche)

2/ they don’t solder by any typical meaning. They solder with nitrogen induced joins, which then sealed off. Most of the wires are machine fused welding. Some special orders are hand crafted but with their own technology which solder while sucking oxygen out , then sealed off the entire plugs/body with nitrogen to reduce the oxidization of the materials

Are they worth the prices ? They could as they are unique…!!! But nah, not to me, the wires may not oxidize but the plugs will need to be replaced after so many cycles (unless you have free plugs swapping for life or any numbered of years on your cables***)

So then again, there should be some lines drawn for cables …. Lol… we are not talking about engineering , measuring, tuning , of a whole machine

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #2,970 of 10,347
A new Firmware for your DX320 is on the 1st page! Enjoy all of the Music!!

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Improved the compatibility with the AMP13 AMP card.
2. Improved the compatibility with Neutron. (Android OS)
3. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that the ID3 was incorrect when the file was played for the first time. (Mango OS)
4. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that media scanning would cause a system crash. (Mango OS)

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back