Another night
Makes listening to only more music
Just did the shot here for Tanerélle as you can see
Matching colors ... 😉
To go DX320 or not ... ?
IMG20220615211817-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #2,813 of 10,348
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but here are the steps to enter Android Recovery mode. I personally use it for a clean factory reset, the cleanest way to wipe the data and reset the DAP. And btw, since I have been asked about it before, it doesn't restore fw to the original/previous version, fw is not affected when doing wipe data/factory reset through Android Recovery.

To enter this mode:

1) With DX320 powered on, press Power button and select Restart
2) Right away, press and hold Skip button above Play, and hold it until you enter Recovery screen
3) User volume wheel to navigate between menu items, and press the wheel/power button to select

1655381235608.png

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #2,814 of 10,348
Today I connected theandromeds to the dx320 with the AMP11 MK2s for the first time. When there is streaming, e.g. amazon, you can hear such strange crackles when pressing play, pause. After turning off the wi-fi and listening through the neutron, they no longer appear. Even with wi fi turned on then, they are probably not there. This is still to be checked.

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #2,815 of 10,348
One of these beauties arrived late yesterday....Head-Fi killing my wallet this year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 16, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #2,816 of 10,348
Ok, so I decided to do some experimentation to try and help you out on this. I put in my really low impedance and all BA set (Audiosense T800 @9 Ohms). I have tested on both ports for these results and both OSes also. Also keep in mind I am using the DX300 so YMMV a bit with the DX320. Almost blew my ears out though, because anything above 35 is actually really loud on these... :)

In Mango OS the only noise I ever get is the 2 second hum when switching ports, otherwise the background is absolutely black. This was done with low, medium and high gain in both ports.

On to android, in Mango android, it is much the same as with Mango OS except the hum lasts for about 5 seconds for me.

As for streaming, this is where I DO get some noise. I am using Amazon HD. When first turning on WiFi, I DO get some pretty audible pops and cracks for about 5 seconds then it goes away until I turn off WiFi and turn it back on. I also get this same sound when opening the app. When pressing play I notice a much less audible popping in all three gain modes. Pressing pause it lasts for about 5 seconds then goes away. One thing of note is that the popping heard during playback isn't audible all the time, as it comes and goes. We'll have to see if this changes with burn-in. If listening to a longer song it seems as though those pops go away altogether and there is no audible noise (to my ears), that is until switching to the next song, and then the popping comes back (off/on) until it goes away. This is what makes me think that these really need to settle before making judgement calls on this card. I could be wrong though.

Has @ Paul - iBasso made any comment on this as of yet?

Edit: Actually after listening for a bit, the noise seems to be happening only when the song is buffering (WiFi is accessing the internet). After that, I hear black. So, if the song takes a long time to buffer, you might hear it longer.
Thanks, this was pretty much my experience. With Wifi off it's perfectly acceptable. I don't tend to unplug and plug back in a lot so the buzzing when switching ports is a non issue as it goes away.

When nothing was playing, and just enabling wifi that's when the crackling started after about 15 seconds. When it was turned off could actually hear it still, but more faint until it stopped completely. I originally thought wifi was on until I changed playlists 9n Spotify as offline mode needs to phone home before playing the downloaded playlist. So that is why I initially thought redoing the firmware update with the AMP13 card in fixed the crackling sound with wifi on.

My experience was the crackling noise never went away with wifi on BUT I had pretty much zero burn on the new amp.

Regardless, the sound output on certain songs was low but I'm pretty sure this is because of how they were ripped. I had plenty of personal music where I could not turn it up all the way although the middle jack did sound slightly louder then the one nearest the corner but that may be some memory placebo going on there.

Simply put, it needs burn in but so far, in my limited time, the crackling noises never went away for me when wifi was on but I need more time with it and I got my Monarchs on the same day as the AMP13 so they both need burn in. Like I said, with AV gear I've got some OCD like tendencies where if I notice something, I simply can't unnotice it. Like a dead pixel on a white background. Drives me crazy for some reason, only thing my eyes can pay attention to. Similar situation, just my ears and not my eyes with the crackling noises when wifi is on.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #2,817 of 10,348
Will be ordering the amp13 card in a few days, just waiting on my vendor to get more blue in stock. Any feedback from those that own the amp 13 that use them with full sized headphones. Enough power or does the card struggle with dynamic passages.

Asking as I've had great results with amp12 pairing an LCD 5 and the he1000se

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #2,818 of 10,348
Will be ordering the amp13 card in a few days, just waiting on my vendor to get more blue in stock. Any feedback from those that own the amp 13 that use them with full sized headphones. Enough power or does the card struggle with dynamic passages.

I use it with the SR2 and the Utopia. No problem, good dynamics and excellent headroom. For the SR2 a little lower volume setting than the Utopia. The Utopia for plenty loud, around 42 our of the highest setting of 63. Good fast bass that is also solid and enjoyable. Good expanse, a little warmer but in a musical and natural way, than the stock amp. With my IEMs, quiet and very good sound. I use the outer socket for IEMs and the inner socket, highest output, for the headphones.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #2,819 of 10,348

I was almost at 90% from the higher output with my Sundaras, so im not sure about other planars. They sounded great tho.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #2,820 of 10,348
Perhaps, and this is just an assumption, the amp13 is more sensitive as to the input it receives from the digital circuit/battery. So any activity done with the digital, causing potential differences in immediate power consumption for data processing would affect in some way the provided voltage/current to the amp module, even if minimal, that may be reflected in the input signal for sound that goes the amp. Mostly some random guessing here lol, just trying to find a reason why something done on the digital circuit is affecting the analog one in that way.
I think there is something to this. There is something with the AMP13 card that makes it more sensitive to WiFi RF signals. Maybe they should have shielded something better, or maybe they couldn't shield it enough because of other issues. This is just speculation as well but I work in IT and ribbon cables have always caused me headaches, but mostly because of there flimsy design and not prone to interference. I haven't tried, but I wonder if you get similar results with just Bluetooth on and not Wifi as they typically tend to be on the same chip in the DX320. If something isn't shielded from RF signals properly, one would think that just Bluetooth may cause similar issues but I did not test that scenario with the AMP13 card. Also didn't get to burn in the AMP13 last night. Fell asleep because I had been staying up later than normal for a week listening to the DX320 and my body gave out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back