DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 15, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #2,762 of 10,343
The dx323 is a new level! Its organic, even more natural, detailed, full, dynamic, there is NO harshness even with the worst recorded music. The reverbs, space are top notch!
Even my Sundaras have no peeks. Its just beautifull from the bottom to the top. It probably doesnt match the 8ii but i bet it got even closer.
The music is even more musical, slightly laid back but still very dynamic. And the soundstage... Its like they took the ceiling away.
Stop. You are making me want a dx320 -.- haha

Jun 15, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #2,768 of 10,343
@mformoriarty but you were right, the amount of reverberations is overwhelming sometimes. It creates very immersive atmosphere.
The amount of air with the Monarchs kills me:)
I absolutely love the amp13 because of that. To me it never feels overdone or too airy, it always feels right enough to give the music a more "live" feeling. I think it's a really neat module, specially mixed with the Monarchs MkII because as you said a few weeks back, the sound on them feels more like it's coming from outside your head rather than form the center. Like speakers. Would be great if it had a balanced output tho.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #2,769 of 10,343
I absolutely love the amp13 because of that. To me it never feels overdone or too airy, it always feels right enough to give the music a more "live" feeling. I think it's a really neat module, specially mixed with the Monarchs MkII because as you said a few weeks back, the sound on them feels more like it's coming from outside your head rather than form the center. Like speakers. Would be great if it had a balanced output tho.
Another reason I decided on trying open back headphones to begin with; I remember it being mentioned. The good news is that this will also pair SO well with high-end earbuds (of which I have a few) because of their open(ness), and already wide staging.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #2,770 of 10,343
@RIGATIO
Did you try to manually update? Did it fix the volume issue?

Redoing the firmware update via the file downloaded from the iBasso site (the first time I did the OTA update) in my case solved the problem of the inverted volume adjustment.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,772 of 10,343

PO/LO is gone on the DX320 (i dont know if the same is for DX300).

Somehow the segice seems to detect its the tube amp which does not have a line out.

The outputs are as the picture above - of two different strengths/power.

(4.4mm on stock amp is more powerful).

—————

Did updating manually fix the volume issue for you? Was that the backwards one?
Thanks, I had seen that before on iBasso"s site bit I've had some odd Chrome issues on the DX320. I should have looked on my Pixel. First, redoing the manual update (downloaded from iBasso ) completely fixed the volume wheel issue so that is gone.

I originally did an OTA update and it was under 100 MBs while the iBasso site was just under nine 900 MBs so I'm speculating that the OTA update did not include the firmware for the AMP13/card, just the other fixes in the readme file from the zip file downloaded from iBasso.. After swapping cards again yes, the output setting probably only applies to the 4.4mm port SK it would make sense for that to disappear based on the AMP card if it had no 4.4mm output.

Still put back in the AMP11 card though that that also explains the output not being as loud. I remember reading that because I wondered why it didn't ha w a balanced output and that explained it. I tried to go back and forth between ports but the middle one does sound slightly louder although from that screenshot if seems as they should be the same.

The main reason I switched back was the buzzing and background d noise. Even with the IEMs plugged in when I power it on, I still get some random crackling going on. It didn't seem normal. That and when pausing audio and unplugging the 3.5mm jack and plugging it to either of the inputs there is a humming/buzzing sound. That goes away after 30 to 40 seconds bit the random crackling is odd. Going to try once more, use a different IEM and chord.

It sounded good after manually applying the update outside the random crackling noise. Its almost like a cheap IEM cable tubing against something but it wasn't. If I have the same issue in a different t pair of IEM's I guess a factory reset would be the next step. Stock card has zero issues.

Anyone else have AMP13 card, have you seen this type of behavior before? I'm guessing not but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks again, that explains everything else regarding the Output setting disappearing and the volume levels not being as loud.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #2,773 of 10,343
Thanks, I had seen that before on iBasso"s site bit I've had some odd Chrome issues on the DX320. I should have looked on my Pixel. First, redoing the manual update (downloaded from iBasso ) completely fixed the volume wheel issue so that is gone.

I originally did an OTA update and it was under 100 MBs while the iBasso site was just under nine 900 MBs so I'm speculating that the OTA update did not include the firmware for the AMP13/card, just the other fixes in the readme file from the zip file downloaded from iBasso.. After swapping cards again yes, the output setting probably only applies to the 4.4mm port SK it would make sense for that to disappear based on the AMP card if it had no 4.4mm output.

Still pit back I. The AMP11 card though a c that also explains the output not being as loud. I remember reading that because I wondered why it didn't ha w a balanced output and that explained it. I tried to go back and forth between ports but the middle one does sound slightly louder although from that screenshot if seems as they should be the same.

The main reason I switched back was the buzzing and background d noise. Even with the IEMs plugged in when I power it on, I still get some random crackling going on. It didn't seem normal. That and when pausing audio and unplugging the 3.5mm jack and plugging it to either of the inputs there is a humming/buzzing sound. That goes away after 30 to 40 seconds bit the random crackling is odd. Going to try once more, use a different IEM and chord.

It sounded good after manually applying the update outside the random crackling noise. Its almost like a cheap IEM cable tubing against something but it wasn't. If I have the same issue in a different t pair of IEM's I guess a factory reset would be the next step. Stock card has zero issues.

Anyone else have AMP13 card, have you seen this type of behavior before? I'm guessing not but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks again, that explains everything else regarding the Output setting disappearing and the volume levels not being as loud.
If you have Wifi and BT on, turn them off. I use Mango OS most of the time but if in Android, the Wifi can cause issues.

I had some noises until I turned off WiFi. Tube equipment can pick up RF etc.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #2,774 of 10,343
Redoing the firmware update via the file downloaded from the iBasso site (the first time I did the OTA update) in my case solved the problem of the inverted volume adjustment.
Hmm. Was just thinking and o had the AMP11/card in when doing the manual update downloaded from iBassoo.. I wonder of redoing it with the AMP13 card in will fix the other issues.

Did you do the manual update with the AMP13 or 11 plugged in when dong the manual update? I think iBasso should have had some basic instructions because the OTA update doesn't appear to have it.

Its worth a shot because if that doesn't fix the buzzing and random crackling noises then next step is a factory reset and I just got everything set up so trying to avoid that if possible.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #2,775 of 10,343

Still put back in the AMP11 card though that that also explains the output not being as loud. I remember reading that because I wondered why it didn't ha w a balanced output and that explained it. I tried to go back and forth between ports but the middle one does sound slightly louder although from that screenshot if seems as they should be the same.

I think that the reported size when doing OTA is wrong (doing the math, and how long it took to download for me), but I show the same exact discrepancy between FW updates for the DX300, though I had no such issue with the volume wheel those with the DX320 are having by updating OTA.

Being a tube type amp, you might hear some noise when you first unplug then replug head gear. That popping and crackling doesn't sound normal though, but it might be that it goes away as the pieces and parts settle with use and heat?! It is also possible to hear noise when moving the DAP around, though iBasso has tried to secure it so that vibration doesn't introduce the typical noise you might get from vibration with this type of setup. I am not sure how iBasso conquered this, but Cayin used a spring-loaded mount that keeps pressure on it so it vibrates much less.

And, yes the icons are dynamic depending on the amp card being used. So the LO option will disappear with the use of Amp13 card because it doesn't have LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back