DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 1, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #1,306 of 10,359
I just had a visit from the postman. My new toys are finally here. II 07 are back too. Paul gave me 2 new ones under guarantee. I'll share my first impressions later. I'm so excited

Attachments

• DX 320.jpeg
    DX 320.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 2, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #1,308 of 10,359
I will have to open that rabit hole apparently and find lots of new ways where to get that cable or guess a custom order then….
I also thinking of velour pads

😅😅😅😅 thank you your my savior at least some one claiming fun time with those!

How is sound isolation when your outside is it comparable to a active noise cancellation headphones?
Is not comparable, but is decent. I don't have problems with that in the subway, but there are other closed headphones that should have a bit better isolation, like Focal Celeste (but with more clamp force) and maybe the DCA Aeon 2

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #1,310 of 10,359
I just had a visit from the postman. My new toys are finally here. II 07 are back too. Paul gave me 2 new ones under guarantee. I'll share my first impressions later. I'm so excited
Enjoy!

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #1,311 of 10,359
So guys I'm totally flashed! with that. I didn't expect it, the DX 320 blows my mind right out of the box. It's something very special. The midrange section is so well tuned, I walk around with a big fat grin!!! Woww that's cool. And the resolution of micro details is clearly better. The new volume wheel is also greatly improved. I just turned it on first, Mango OS and Micron card in. It has an unbelievably captivating sound signature. From my memories I have to say I like it better than the DX 312 W. When I got the DX300 with Amp 11.1 I was a bit disappointed. Wasn't my favorite sound. But now the 320 is really an upgrade. So in the next few days the amp 12 will go to Steve. And then the Monarch MK II will come in the next 10 days. Then we'll see if Riggatio is right about the Monarchs.

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #1,312 of 10,359
I have now tested my Focal Celestee with the Dekoni sheepskin pads for Stelia. Unbelievable how they sound now. I didn't even know they were able to make such fine details audible. Already thought about selling it. But now I have to think about it again very carefully. The DX 320 gives you that extra something that wasn't there before. Just try the IT 07

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #1,314 of 10,359
Guess it's time to find out for myself how this one compares to N8ii......321/322 inbound.....

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #1,315 of 10,359
So the midrange of the DX320 is much better for my ears than the DX312. Somehow round and smoother and very good timbre. I noticed it very much with the IT07. When I first got the IT07 I didn't like the upper mids, a bit too sharp for my ears. That only got better with the DX312 after a long break-in period. My IT 07 were defective at the socket. Paul exchanged them for new ones. I plugged them straight out of the box into the DX320 and they sound great, nothing annoying. I think they sound even better on the DX 320. Am I just imagining it or do you feel the same way???

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #1,316 of 10,359
@German Expat in Vietnam
No you are not imagining it

You are summing it up well in your last three posts for the DX320 and amp11mk2s as a unit.

Good to know i am not imagining it either :)

I am still curious as to the dx300 versus dx320 using the stock amp11 amps (weather is getting hot here and makes me a bit lazy, also waiting for the DX320 to settle back down again).

Also for those with modded amps
DX300 with modded amp versus DX320 and stock amp.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #1,317 of 10,359
@German Expat in Vietnam
No you are not imagining it

You are summing it up well in your last three posts for the DX320 and amp11mk2s as a unit.

Go to know i am not imagining it either :)

I am still curious as to the dx300 versus dx320 using the stock amp11 amps (weather is getting hot here and makes me a bit lazy, also waiting for the DX320 to settle back down again).

Also for those with modded amps
DX300 with modded amp versus DX320 and stock amp.
That's nice to hear that you feel the same way. Well, I'm honestly of the opinion that I've never heard a DAP that sounded as good straight out of the box as the DX320. At least for my personal taste. Everything is just right. I'm already curious how it will sound after 200 hours. To be honest, I'm no longer sure if you need an Amp12 EXN for the DX 320 because it sounds so perfect to me with the amp 11MKII s.

Jun 2, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #1,319 of 10,359
So the midrange of the DX320 is much better for my ears than the DX312. Somehow round and smoother and very good timbre. I noticed it very much with the IT07. When I first got the IT07 I didn't like the upper mids, a bit too sharp for my ears. That only got better with the DX312 after a long break-in period. My IT 07 were defective at the socket. Paul exchanged them for new ones. I plugged them straight out of the box into the DX320 and they sound great, nothing annoying. I think they sound even better on the DX 320. Am I just imagining it or do you feel the same way???
Mid ranges and full timbres is the specialty when I had the Cayin N8ii. I did wage my bets that the ROHM was what causing it. It is the most well rounded and also is the best Sigma Delta I have heard to date. I couldn’t confirm if it was ROHM or the N8ii amp section tuning or a combination of both.

Thanks for a quick first out of the box impressions!! Now it is confirmed!! I am going to grab mine and give it my Amp12EX-S treatments to see if it do anything for me :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back