DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Mar 19, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #9,243 of 10,353
Update on the amp14 issue. @Paul - iBasso sent me a new amp14. I installed it taking all the advice from the members here. So far it is absolutely flawless and sounds amazing.

I would be curious as to what the issue with the previous module was. :)

Mar 19, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #9,245 of 10,353
Update on the amp14 issue. @Paul - iBasso sent me a new amp14. I installed it taking all the advice from the members here. So far it is absolutely flawless and sounds amazing.

I would be curious as to what the issue with the previous module was. :)
Fantastic! Glad they sorted it out for you. I am also curious why that happened?!

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #9,246 of 10,353
FreeFileSync works well on Mac.
It did indeed. Transferred 756GB onto the newly arrived 1TB sd card in 3 hours 35 minutes.

Worked like a charm and very easy to deselect albums I didn't want to transfer (unlike Finder).

Sure I've tried it before but not sure why I didn't persist with it. Nice one.

Mar 19, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #9,247 of 10,353
Has anybody encountered the same problem like I do, being unable to use WiFi when the connection is secured with a username / password you need to enter on a web interface in a browser like often the case for public WiFi spots at hotels etc.

My 320x connects to the WiFi without opening the web interface in a browser to enter username / password. It therefore states to be connected without being it. No way to build up connections....

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #9,248 of 10,353
Has anybody encountered the same problem like I do being unable to use WiFi when the connection is secured with a username / password you need to enter on a web interface in a browser like in hotels etc.

My 320x connects to the WiFi without opening the web interface in a browser to enter username / password. It therefore states to be connected without being it. No way to build up connections....
Same here.

I’d like to know a solution as well.

Mar 19, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #9,249 of 10,353
Same here.

I’d like to know a solution as well.
Maybe iBasso did away with that feature (among other native settings) in android like they did with the BT pairing where if it asks to input a code from any other device, the DX will not have this popup, so it cannot pair at all... This is a feature (or undocumented feature) that has been missing since the DX160 and DX300, making it impossible to use as a reverse BT DAC on a ton of devices (like my TV) even though a lowly cheaper device like the Shanling M0 (< $100) can do it flawlessly. Having said that, the point is that I have been vocal about fixing this since those devices were new, and iBasso has not put it on the priority list, so I am not too sure that this one will hit that trigger either. Though I could be wrong (and hope that I am).

The preceding is not a dig on iBasso in general, but hopefully a call to action on (both) item(s). :)

One thought that you may try is opening up your browser before trying to connect to this WiFi?! I don't think it will work, but I have seen stranger things. :wink:

Mar 19, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #9,250 of 10,353
Maybe iBasso did away with that feature (among other native settings) in android like they did with the BT pairing where if it asks to input a code from any other device, the DX will not have this popup, so it cannot pair at all... This is a feature (or undocumented feature) that has been missing since the DX160 and DX300, making it impossible to use as a reverse BT DAC on a ton of devices (like my TV) even though a lowly cheaper device like the Shanling M0 (< $100) can do it flawlessly. Having said that, the point is that I have been vocal about fixing this since those devices were new, and iBasso has not put it on the priority list, so I am not too sure that this one will hit that trigger either. Though I could be wrong (and hope that I am).

The preceding is not a dig on iBasso in general, but hopefully a call to action on (both) item(s). :)

One thought that you may try is opening up your browser before trying to connect to this WiFi?! I don't think it will work, but I have seen stranger things. :wink:
Alas opening the browser first does not help either... But thank you for your proposal :)

@Paul - iBasso will hopefully chime in, as this kind of behaviour - for WiFi as well as BT - is a serious issue / downside imo and should not be too hard to fix in the software given the fact the 320x is an Android device...

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #9,251 of 10,353
Alas opening the browser first does not help either... But thank you for your proposal :)

@Paul - iBasso will hopefully chime in, as this kind of behaviour - for WiFi as well as BT - is a serious issue / downside imo and should not be too hard to fix in the software given the fact the 320x is an Android device...
Unfortunately @ Paul - iBasso already knows about the BT issue and asked me to send email about it (which I have 3 times over the past few years), and I haven't gotten any response, which means that the programming team either said nope, or they didn't get back to him on it. He is really good at helping others, but I think his powers stop at a certain point... LOL I'm sure that if they let him make all those decisions, it would get done (normally if he says it will get done, it has been my experience that he has NEVER failed yet).

Mar 19, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #9,252 of 10,353
Speaking of BT....
Has anyone been able to use the 320 as a BT DAC but in LDAC?
I had the same problem when I had the 240. No matter what I try to check or change in developer options, I can't get the iBasso devices to receive LDAC. My phone is a Sony Xperia 1 III, and I have no problems with any other device in my signature. All other devices automatically detect the option to use LDAC. Even the Hiby DAPs receive LDAC when used as a BT DAC 🤔. But with the iBasso devices, the only options to receive are SBC and AAC.

Mar 19, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #9,254 of 10,353
Mar 19, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #9,255 of 10,353
Speaking of BT....
Has anyone been able to use the 320 as a BT DAC but in LDAC?
I had the same problem when I had the 240. No matter what I try to check or change in developer options, I can't get the iBasso devices to receive LDAC. My phone is a Sony Xperia 1 III, and I have no problems with any other device in my signature. All other devices automatically detect the option to use LDAC. Even the Hiby DAPs receive LDAC when used as a BT DAC 🤔. But with the iBasso devices, the only options to receive are SBC and AAC.
That is because it is only capable of SBC and AAC as a BT DAC... From the manual:
DX320ManualBTDACPage.PNG

Edit: It can send in LDAC, it just can't receive in LDAC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back