DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
May 13, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #736 of 10,346
But you can drive with DX 320 specially with amp 12 also nearly everything. And i think the sound from DX 320 with ROHM chips is much better then with the ESS. Ok i tell sure i not like so much the sound from ESS.
It could be but still the implementation of a dac + amp section determine the final result. For example, the ak sp2kT also has quad ESS and its far from being digital sounding. Its very natural and becomes overly organic when the full tubes are engaged.
Surely the iBasso dx320 will allegedly (but also really:)) sound the best in comparison, as we all know their sound/price ratio:)

May 13, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #737 of 10,346
In for comparison of DX320 vs N8ii both into C9....

May 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #740 of 10,346
Didn't want to start an AK vs iBasso war. Just trying to get some comparisons

There's no comparison for me. AK is now the only holdout (Fiio also was at first but finally gave in)...as they steadfastly refuses to support the not-so-underground-anymore SACD ISO format--which nearly all my media is in after painstakingly converting all my original SACDs. You can even download ISO format releases directly from online labels like Pentatonemusic--one of several that realize their convenience. Until they finally add support, AK players aren't even an option.

The DX320 doesn't expressly list direct SACD ISO (DST multichannel is closest option)--but can someone confirm it is supported?

May 13, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #746 of 10,346
May 13, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #749 of 10,346
Didn't want to start an AK vs iBasso war. Just trying to get some comparisons

There's no comparison for me. AK is now the only holdout (Fiio also was at first but finally gave in)...as they steadfastly refuses to support the not-so-underground-anymore SACD ISO format--which nearly all my media is in after painstakingly converting all my original SACDs. You can even download ISO format releases directly from online labels like Pentatonemusic--one of several that realize their convenience. Until they finally add support, AK players aren't even an option.

The DX320 doesn't expressly list direct SACD ISO (DST multichannel is closest option)--but can someone confirm it is supported?

It doesn’t stop there, AK is also refusing to fully embrace Android with improved streaming capabilities. Too many hacks to get apps running and even more hacks to keep apps running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back