DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Oct 27, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #6,991 of 10,343
Received the AMP13EXN from Steve and for 5 minutes it sounded glorious. Fantastic dynamics and layering. Bass texture seemed to be better from the "stock" amp too. Unfortunately, suddenly I heard a pop and one of the channels stopped working.

Oct 27, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #6,992 of 10,343
I just started to listen amp13 when bought Ddhifi adapter, and it’s awesome! I got it on classified bundle purchase, but haven’t used it before because of the lack of balanced. It carries Meze Liric really well even on low noise output, and brings a lot more warmness compared to stock amp.
Just to make sure, is the low noise output on the left side when the screen points up?

Oct 27, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #6,997 of 10,343
Edition X VS Regular 320:

disclosure:
this is based on technical info that I gathered through different means, including personal comparison between A and B, memory, notes….etc…using only references phones that I have is 800S. You don’t have to agree with it.

From all of my experiences between Titanium editions, stock or upgraded amp modules….etc…It seems constant that Titanium and Steel has a faster transient, more clarity, and better trebles textures VS Aluminum. Why ?

I have tried to come up with different explanation just for myself. Lately, I have came to the realizations that most of these products are with “feedback circuits”, they are in every stages of the player, including Power supply, Digital processing, Amplifications.

There are a huge different from the amplification alone by itself, and feedback design from amplifier always have faster transients, clarity and separations, but will lack the palpability or emotions from the music. This is in comparison to Non-Feedback. There are also design to call Zero-Feedback, and whatever it is, it is still under the “feedback category”, which is very different than Non-Feedback.

What are they ? How do they work ? Basically, any mismatching of the same signals, but coming from 2 different feeds are called “errors”. Feedback is a network that will use a portion of the output and then back feeding into the input stage of an amplifier. Due to the nature of amplifications and it ability to differentiate the differences between these mismatched informations, it cancels out the “errors”, which results in a cleaner output signals.

You can see these pictures for references and follow this Wikipedia link for better ideas of the feedback network
7199DC3B-7F5A-463C-974C-2309EDED7C6E.jpeg9FDCCF6E-F0BC-485C-82A9-B00264566773.jpeg
So, why do I bring up this conversation, and why do I arrive at this conclusion ?

Because it is essentially a network of resistors, with calculations from current/voltages to be a “factor”. How do you calculate it ? You can learn from this link

The point is that, different impedances within the circuitry will bring different ”feedback factor”, and this is exactly what will be effecting your ”end performances . Whether how severely it is , that is personal preferences.

Basically, Ground chassis has it own resistivity and impedance. If you look at it as a giant resistor (impedance), then the higher the resistivity is the more aggressive the ratio of the feedback factor, the more aggressive will equal to the more accurate and purer output signals. But it doesn’t mean “purer” is “better”, we are speaking of “purer” and “more accurate signals” is relative to the before and after signals integrity. If before had “errors”, and the after has “less errors”, that means it is more pure and accurate. Whether your original source was with “errors” or without it, is an entirely different matter (your albums, your records…etc). This is possibly why Feedback amplifiers/systems are generally known to be less realistic, and Non-feedback is more realistic ! Do not worry, Whatever your taste is, you are still an audiophile

Back to Edition X vs OG

According
to the above conclusion, the OG has aluminum chassis, which has a much much better conductivity than Titanium. This means that Titanium edition as a special chassis will have a higher feedback factor, and result in a better/cleaner output ! So, theoretically speaking, the edition X will have a better sound performances characteristics as said above. I do not have OG/X side by side to do this comparison for you. However, according to @twister6 , there is no differences. We will go with that For now

F8DB2F17-86CE-4C82-B7CA-0CCAC94280A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #6,998 of 10,343
Thank you for the help.

When I read the name, it went back in my memory from many years. I already bought directly with Ibasso many years ago.
Then I was living in Asia and it was easy to get basically everything no more than two days later.

Now Ibasso is not shipping to Brazil.
This country is a hell. Together with all the Latin America. Everything is hard to get, even with money, and specially 'fast".

I found hifigo.com that ships to here, but the communication doesn't seems very good and the time zone doesn't help.
Soon I will give up.

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #6,999 of 10,343
Thank you for the help.

When I read the name, it went back in my memory from many years. I already bought directly with Ibasso many years ago.
Then I was living in Asia and it was easy to get basically everything no more than two days later.

Now Ibasso is not shipping to Brazil.
This country is a hell. Together with all the Latin America. Everything is hard to get, even with money, and specially 'fast".

I found hifigo.com that ships to here, but the communication doesn't seems very good and the time zone doesn't help.
Soon I will give up.
Ask this one
https://www.ibasso-shop.eu/

Oct 27, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #7,001 of 10,343
Hi everyone, I plugged my dx320 into a jack to have sound on my car speakers. I only have sound on the left speaker. Has anyone had the same problem before? Thanks
Do you get R and L sound when using headphones?

Oct 27, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #7,003 of 10,343
on the 4.4 release yes but on the 3.5 release I will try this weekend. By cons I have a hiby R8 and it works
You made sure the plug is pushed in all the way?

Oct 27, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #7,005 of 10,343
I think yes. It works once in 2. Suddenly I have sound on the 2 loudspeakers and once only on one loudspeaker. Could be a bad contact
I would try with some headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back