DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 18, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #286 of 949
I am also very surprised at the changes. Frankly, I am stunned. I have never heard a dap, sound like this and it can be mesmerizing as it pulls you into the music so much. The nuances, flow, insane movement of bass while not overwhelming. I just don't understand how they have done this.
I suspect FPGA will take time to form it most effective paths. Lately, I have built 3 top of the line Gaming PC for self, friend, cousin. I can confirm this once again, Burn in effect everything that I can personally witness in even Building PC itself. Lets talk about OverClocking and in the while Undervolting the CPU/GPU. It is a very complicated and time consuming process. But I was lucky to have dedicated the time in doing all 3 back to back.

My first one, I didnt pay enough attentions, but I logged down the voltage in mV units, then I turned up to higher voltage, and clocking changes. I didnt tweak it enough.... later on about 1 months of usage, I realized that my 2nd PC could have the lower voltages, at the same clock speed. I tried to retune my 1st one, NOPE! it didnt take it. More like the silicon were all formed for a higher voltage conductivity.

I took my time on the last unit, conducting manual lowest voltage as much as I could, then on top of that, I maxed out benchmark and running with AI programs to further analyzing the stability. Sure enough, my 3rd PC reached lower voltage at the same higher clock speed.

I concluded that the best way to tune the new PC system is when it was freshly put together. Always tried the lowest voltage possible before using it for a while

So, I am hugely believe that FPGA in itself is similar. That is why I believe the FPGA 2.0 generation is of great quality in itself, together with Ibasso improving their arts. I cant wait for D16

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #287 of 949
Full disclosure.. I am a believer in DAP burn in. But I am almost in disbelief at how much this player has cleaned up with just 15 hours of play time so far. It sounds entirely different than compared to fresh out of the box and that's in a very good way for me. Out of the box I couldn't help but hear it as lacking in mid bass control, a little muddy, and dark. It's nothing like that anymore. Bass control/tightness is fantastic, mid range clarity has increased tremendously and overall resolution is much higher. This is one of the bigger changes I've experienced as far as DAP burn in goes since I've been in the hobby, I'm quite shocked.

This is turning out to be an amazing pocket friendly/portable player. I will get my replacement early next week so I can test it fresh out the box again and see if I hear it the same way without burn in.

:beerchug:
I am in disbelief. A new unit should not sound like that, even if not "burned in." This is not inspiring confidence.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #288 of 949
I am also very surprised at the changes. Frankly, I am stunned. I have never heard a dap, sound like this and it can be mesmerizing as it pulls you into the music so much. The nuances, flow, insane movement of bass while not overwhelming. I just don't understand how they have done this.
I see you list the DX320 as one of yours. Can you please provide a comparison, even if brief?

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #290 of 949

The DX260 sounds like an amazing proposition from your impressions. I would love to know how it compares to your 300MAX Ti? 🙏

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #291 of 949
Full disclosure.. I am a believer in DAP burn in. But I am almost in disbelief at how much this player has cleaned up with just 15 hours of play time so far. It sounds entirely different than compared to fresh out of the box and that's in a very good way for me. Out of the box I couldn't help but hear it as lacking in mid bass control, a little muddy, and dark. It's nothing like that anymore. Bass control/tightness is fantastic, mid range clarity has increased tremendously and overall resolution is much higher. This is one of the bigger changes I've experienced as far as DAP burn in goes since I've been in the hobby, I'm quite shocked.

This is turning out to be an amazing pocket friendly/portable player. I will get my replacement early next week so I can test it fresh out the box again and see if I hear it the same way without burn in.

:beerchug:
I thought the 240 started out somewhat dark veiled until a few hours were on it as well..

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #292 of 949
I am in disbelief. A new unit should not sound like that, even if not "burned in." This is not inspiring confidence.
It won't to most, especially when considering files and associated phones etc. Just us anal geeks:gs1000smile: and really, the best kit changes the most because they tend to be more neutral/balanced and informative enough that you CAN hear things. Even wire breaks in. Why not complex circuits forming favored paths.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #293 of 949
has anyone tried to open the back cover to see how easily to replace the battery?

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #298 of 949
Very easy, you just unscrew the two screws and slide off the back plate. Takes maybe 20 seconds to remove it all.
Thanks, I understand that the back cover is easily removed but I mean how is the battery connected to the main board, is it easy to detach and attach the new battery? If possible, can you take some pictures of it?

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #299 of 949
Thanks, I understand that the back cover is easily removed but I mean how is the battery connected to the main board, is it easy to detach and attach the new battery? If possible, can you take some pictures of it?

I didn’t detach the battery but looks fairly simple.

IMG_8330.jpeg

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #300 of 949
I didn’t detach the battery but looks fairly simple.

IMG_8330.jpeg
Thanks for your information, it looks great! A future-proof in battery replacement is what I am looking for in the DAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back