DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #556 of 914
Feb 6, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #557 of 914
Thanks but that looks like it’s for the Zx507, not 707.
Anyways what was more interesting was reading a whole page of conversation about how one micro sd card makes the DAP sound bright while another makes it sound warm and so on.

That's most Sony treads also in the newer one tney talk about that and also about keeping the card very cold it also makes the sound amazing.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #558 of 914
This should have been posted on the ZX707 but since you asked about it, I will post it here. If you want details you can PM me.

The mod consists of replacing the OFC wires from the audio board to the 4.4 mm output socket with Mundolf solid core silver/gold wires. I later desoldered and connected these very same wires directly to output coils on the S-Master board eliminating additional solder points. Grounding is also connect to improve the blackness of the background. At one point, I sent the ZX707 and Whitigir did add one capacitor for me (not sure what type it is) to improve macro dynamics.

Before

IMG_2521.jpeg

After (thanks to @Whitigir for his guidance)
IMG_0833.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #559 of 914
Anyways what was more interesting was reading a whole page of conversation about how one micro sd card makes the DAP sound bright while another makes it sound warm and so on. Lmao !
I was visiting Narnia last year, and I heard people suggesting the same thing.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #560 of 914
Anyways what was more interesting was reading a whole page of conversation about how one micro sd card makes the DAP sound bright while another makes it sound warm and so on. Lmao !
Used to think it was crazy talk until I used the beloved Micron industrial magnetically shielded cards, especially the newest version. There's an obvious change in sound for the better. You can easily hear the changes with highly resolving IEMs like Monarch, Anole VX, etc. Worth the money 100% but you won't believe it until you try it. Buy the cheapest latest model 64GB or 128GB on mouser Part# MTSD128ANC8MS-1WT and you will hear the difference vs regular consumer cards.

The music on these cards sounds better (detail, depth, height, extension, etc) vs the same music on the built-in memory on the DAPs I tested.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #561 of 914
Used to think it was crazy talk until I used the beloved Micron industrial magnetically shielded cards, especially the newest version. There's an obvious change in sound for the better. You can easily hear the changes with highly resolving IEMs like Monarch, Anole VX, etc. Worth the money 100% but you won't believe it until you try it. Buy the cheapest latest model 64GB or 128GB on mouser Part# MTSD128ANC8MS-1WT and you will hear the difference vs regular consumer cards.

The music on these cards sounds better (detail, depth, height, extension, etc) vs the same music on the built-in memory on the DAPs I tested.
I am glad you are able to observe it. Yes, it indeed sounds better than built in memory. It is the only card I use and enjoy atm.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #562 of 914

Haters will be haters.
For me I personally prefer the Sandisk Edge over Micron.

Feb 7, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #565 of 914

Thats not how Digital audio works, my friend.

You know what a Placebo effect is ? It means you want to believe something that simply does not exist but your mind believes it because you made it believe.

I don’t want to change this to another hilarious Sony thread so let’s go back to the Dx260.

Feb 7, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #566 of 914

Those microns are quite famous by now.
I can recommend the 1tb lexar card that's made for Wii. In comparison my Samsung 512evo seemed like it must be broken. Seems like the best consumer grade card have had till now, and quite a lot more stable.
Definitely want to get a micron industrial one next.
Reason for apparent quality differences is that pretty much every consumer card uses flash dies that have been rejected by every other category and use case.
It's no secret in the industry that flash cards are bottom of bottoms and reason for most smartphone manufacturers have moved away from them. Would love for dap manufacturers to statt offering bigger built in storage, 1tb built in would be godsent, though price increase would probably be to big for most of us, me included.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #567 of 914
Thats not how Digital audio works, my friend.

You know what a Placebo effect is ? It means you want to believe something that simply does not exist but your mind believes it because you made it believe.

I don’t want to change this to another hilarious Sony thread so let’s go back to the Dx260.
You say that like I don't know what I'm hearing lol. FYI, I have a degree in Computer science so don't need explanations.

Digital audio is bits moving from one place through various mediums to your ears. Now the medium they use to get there matters. This is why component selection affects sound quality. A quality industrial card is part of that component selection a user can make for themselves.

If it doesn't matter to you, good for you but knowing the path is different from actually walking the path.

I've done these tests myself and so have many others.

it's immediately very audible to me especially with the latest Micron Industrial cards. They are the truth. The difference is especially very audible between their i300 vs the new i400 cards.

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #569 of 914
I have had the same issue, any suggestions?
Once you download the FW are you then opening the download to get the actual FW package that you put on the internal memory or an SD card?

Feb 7, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #570 of 914
You say that like I don't know what I'm hearing lol. FYI, I have a degree in Computer science so don't need explanations.

Digital audio is bits moving from one place through various mediums to your ears. Now the medium they use to get there matters. This is why component selection affects sound quality. A quality industrial card is part of that component selection a user can make for themselves.

If it doesn't matter to you, good for you but knowing the path is different from actually walking the path.

I've done these tests myself and so have many others.

it's immediately very audible to me especially with the latest Micron Industrial cards. They are the truth. The difference is especially very audible between their i300 vs the new i400 cards.
should have this pin somewhere for those haters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back