DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Feb 3, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #526 of 914
That will be a google thing, incompatibility with newer Android, limited device numbers or wrong logon. The 1st thing I would check is if you've logged into the correct google account. I've seen this happen when somebody has more than one and spaced on which to use.
Thank you. No, it's the right google account, since I have only one, and the rest of the google stuff manifested on the DX260. Thanks for the thoughts.

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #527 of 914
Mango App on DX260:

So I am having issues getting my Playstore apps, not syncing. So I thought, ok, let's test out the sound with Mango, since I use that most of the time anyway. I go to the Mango app and do a scan of the micro sdxc card. All done? Great. Now let's listen. Fire up the ie900, balanced, let's go.

I use a directory/subdirectory structure on my SDXC card. Either by album directory, for complete ripped albums, or by years, or sometimes by artist.

Stick the ie900 in, go to listen, and...

What? WHERE ARE MY DIRECTORIES? WHY IS MANGO APP NOT SHOWING DIRECTORIES? WHY IS MANGO APP SHOWING ME ONLY THOUSANDS OF SONGS IN ONE LONG LIST?

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #529 of 914
Micro Review of the DX260 volume control wheel:
1) Responsive to slight turns
2) No side to side play. Crisp. (Unlike old A&K I once tried out--no thanks, I don't need my volume control to rotate in the 3rd dimension plus/minus 30 degrees)
3) Feels fragile, however. Put on plastic holder it came with. Still feels like it might get harmed from bad hit while in pocket or something. Feels like I need to have something protecting it OVER the plastic protector.
[QUOTE="ipaddy, post: 17953630,

I

What? WHERE ARE MY DIRECTORIES? WHY IS MANGO APP NOT SHOWING DIRECTORIES? WHY IS MANGO APP SHOWING ME ONLY THOUSANDS OF SONGS IN ONE LONG LIST?

Swipe in from the left...
[/QUOTE]

Oh. Thank you. Two swipes.

I don't remember that from Mango app on DX320. Don't have it here right now to check.

Anyway, thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #532 of 914
[QUOTE="ipaddy, post: 17953630,

I

[/QUOTE]

That's what i refer to as bad UX design. three steps to get to an essential function for a music player. and user basically has to go to forum to look for answer.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #533 of 914

That's what i refer to as bad UX design. three steps to get to an essential function for a music player. and user basically has to go to forum to look for answer.
[/QUOTE]
It's doesn't take that much. Once you use the player, it's the song playing on screen, a single swipe to get to that album directory and one more for the album directory. I love that this is also well organized if you use untagged wav files and will allow a folder view.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #534 of 914
Micro Review of the DX260 volume control wheel:
1) Responsive to slight turns
2) No side to side play. Crisp. (Unlike old A&K I once tried out--no thanks, I don't need my volume control to rotate in the 3rd dimension plus/minus 30 degrees)
3) Feels fragile, however. Put on plastic holder it came with. Still feels like it might get harmed from bad hit while in pocket or something. Feels like I need to have something protecting it OVER the plastic protector.

I don't remember that from Mango app on DX320. Don't have it here right now to check.

Anyway, thanks.
[/QUOTE]
What is fragile? The case is some nice CNC work and the volume control, which I have taken out, is very well made and is at least 3/16s in diameter metal and it goes into a metal receiver. Nice tolerance. I used to do metal finishing for high quality work on custom orders.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #535 of 914
Addi

Anyway, thanks.
What is fragile? The case is some nice CNC work and the volume control, which I have taken out, is very well made and is at least 3/16s in diameter metal and it goes into a metal receiver. Nice tolerance. I used to do metal finishing for high quality work on custom orders.
[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily fragile in the sense of bad worksmanship. I am thinking only because it sort of sticks out. I feel like a glancing blow will damage it badly. I realize that one can't have things sticking out, without them sticking out.

But other daps have rotating knobs that are recessed, a little harder to turn, but more protected from damage.

I will say it's nowhere near as "sticking out" as on the DX320, which doesn't stick out as much, almost appears to be "pre-damaged" based on being at an angle. I actually at first thought when I got *that* one in the mail that it was damaged.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #537 of 914
Addi

Not necessarily fragile in the sense of bad worksmanship. I am thinking only because it sort of sticks out. I feel like a glancing blow will damage it badly. I realize that one can't have things sticking out, without them sticking out.

But other daps have rotating knobs that are recessed, a little harder to turn, but more protected from damage.

I will say it's nowhere near as "sticking out" as on the DX320, which doesn't stick out as much, almost appears to be "pre-damaged" based on being at an angle. I actually at first thought when I got *that* one in the mail that it was damaged.
[/QUOTE]
It isn't fragile. You would have to hit it very hard and the way it is made, I would bet it would take more of a hit than most anything on the market. And the module for the volume control slips into a milled metal square hole. The entire system, to me, is impressive. Maybe I will take it apart again and take images. It is kind of cool the way it is done.

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #539 of 914
If firmware 2.01 is out, why does my brand new DX260 keep saying that "current version 2.00.221" is "already the latest version" when I go to Updater?
Because it is a local update, done on the SD card. I assume it isn't over the air yet.

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #540 of 914
Got mine! Two days early! Loving it so far.

Just curious, is there any way to have the track sample rate shown on the display while in usb dac mode? Even the Shanling M0 Pro shows that info. With several of my devices, I can't get advertised sample rates using Tidal's desktop app, whether I'm in exclusive mode or not, on two difference PCs. It's weird because Qobuz never has a problem with any device, and if I access Tidal through something like Audirvana it also isn't an issue. Seems isolated to their desktop app. They are investigating for me. In the mean time, I was wondering if the same issue applies to the DX260, but it doesn't seem to show quality info at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back