DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 18, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #301 of 1,000
Thanks for your information, it looks great! A future-proof in battery replacement is what I am looking for in the DAP
Super easy. You slide the back toward the bottom about a cm and it then comes right up/off. The batter connector is easy and the battery pops off the double sided tape without issue. Easy peasy. lol

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #303 of 1,000
Is this battery sold separately anywhere?
I think iBasso will sell it or we can find a similar one on e-commerce markets by its specifications. The key point here is that iBasso intentionally designed it to let users replace it easily without sending it to the service center.

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #304 of 1,000
Thanks for your information, it looks great! A future-proof in battery replacement is what I am looking for in the DAP
Most of Ibasso newest products are future proof this way. For example 320Max as well. The differences is that the 320Max uses 5 packs of battery, which is harder to source than the packs in Dx260. It could only be found when contacting Ibasso directly. Possibly contacting authorized dealers as well, which I haven’t tried, someone else may want to chime in.

The way I see is that even the newer stand alone discrete DAC D16 and Balanced Korg tube Stand alone Amp PB5 are all with replaceable battery packs

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #305 of 1,000
Is this battery sold separately anywhere?
Usually, devices with single battery pack can easily be found from AliExpress or Amazon. All you need is to measure the stock packs, and find it accordingly. But then, again, usually Dealers or Ibasso would be your best bet

I wouldn’t worry too much about battery anymore, since after a few good years, you can easily replace it, and don’t need any special tools or equipments such as to heating up, debonding the glue, suction cups it out, then gluing it all back up etc…

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #307 of 1,000
Usually, devices with single battery pack can easily be found from AliExpress or Amazon. All you need is to measure the stock packs, and find it accordingly. But then, again, usually Dealers or Ibasso would be your best bet

I wouldn’t worry too much about battery anymore, since after a few good years, you can easily replace it, and don’t need any special tools or equipments such as to heating up, debonding the glue, suction cups it out, then gluing it all back up etc…
That is my thought too, even if we assume that iBasso does not sell the battery pack themselves. We just need to find another source selling the battery that can easily replace it instead of a combination of finding the battery with a fear of how to replace it. The battery-finding activity is much easier and more comfortable than seeking a way to replace with some risks in ruining the device :D

Jan 19, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #308 of 1,000
A good way to start the friday

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_103013.jpg
    IMG_20240119_103013.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #309 of 1,000
edit: solved :o2smile:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #310 of 1,000
I didn’t detach the battery but looks fairly simple.

Really about as easy in the DX240. My buddy made the mistake of starting his car with it hooked up to the usb port and sent a surge to the unit. Said it happened with a different unit once before. I tried the normal recovery (which if I were more persistent, probably would have worked) but since I'd already been in it once to repair his dig out from stress, he and I really like the stiff Naim DC-1 cable, I decided to take 5 minutes to open it, disconnect the battery and then put it back. Booted right up and all is fine.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #314 of 1,000
yeah but if ibasso dont upgrade android? most probable
Even when the iBasso is out of dated by Android (which is fairly longgg since currently Tidal still supports Android 6), I can use it as an offline DAP. But if I cannot replace the battery (at least by myself), I cannot use the device anymore even it has the newest Android :D

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #315 of 1,000
Where did you order it that it would arrive so quickly. Mine is still only pre-order in North America.
I would contact your dealer. It appears this new batch is the first shipment for people who bought direct and also to dealers as well. I would assume that even when dealer received it, they still have to process things in orders, aka, logging inventory….etc… before shipping out. It seems slow at first, like right now, but once it is in place, everything will be smooth sailing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back