DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 16, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #257 of 1,067
Wish I'd seen this post earlier.

If yo-u have electronics (especially cameras) that have been outside where it is very cold, say 32F, and you just bring it in to warm it up, that is very dangerous. Because the cold metal (or glass) will cause condensation of water vapor onto electronic and glass surfaces where you can't get at it or fix it.

What you have to do is put it in a sealed baggie when it is outside (where the humidity is low) and only then bring it into warm temperatures inside. Wait half an hour for the item to warm up, and only then take it out of the baggie. No condensation.
Great suggestion ! Thank you! Haven’t seen any issues regarding condensation yet. But this one definitely goes in my book

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #258 of 1,067
And the dealer you bought it from. Don't expect a local importer to handle service for a product purchased in another market. Ship it back to where you bought it or iBasso with proof of purchase and you should be fine. iBasso will have service requirements for their importers but they will always be exclusive to that market. This is extremely easy to understand and reasonable. Also common for every maker.
The dealer stands behind a DOA and does a return. And maybe also has 90 days. It's never the case that a dealer will stand behind a product that is 18 months old. That's the purpose of a warranty.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #259 of 1,067
The dealer stands behind a DOA and does a return. And maybe also has 90 days. It's never the case that a dealer will stand behind a product that is 18 months old. That's the purpose of a warranty.
What are you taking about? A good dealer should forward a service piece bought from them to the local distributor or make those arrangements regardless of age or warranty. If yours doesn't, find another in your country that will. Who pays what shipping should depend on circumstance.

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #261 of 1,067
It happens to my DX260 too with Apple Music (downloaded songs, so it wouldn't be a network issue).
There is pop noise after one song ending and the next one starting.
Sound like samples changing which triggers transistors responses and causes pops. I think a firmware upgrade will solve it.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #264 of 1,067
Wish I'd seen this post earlier.

If yo-u have electronics (especially cameras) that have been outside where it is very cold, say 32F, and you just bring it in to warm it up, that is very dangerous. Because the cold metal (or glass) will cause condensation of water vapor onto electronic and glass surfaces where you can't get at it or fix it.

What you have to do is put it in a sealed baggie when it is outside (where the humidity is low) and only then bring it into warm temperatures inside. Wait half an hour for the item to warm up, and only then take it out of the baggie. No condensation.
great info 🙏🏻

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #265 of 1,067
If until now you only had experience with entry level daps or dongles (hiby r2, hiby m300, tempotec v3, truthear shio, tanchjim space...) and if you now had the opportunity to buy an Ibasso dap, which one would it be?
-dx260 for 949€;
-dx320 for 1.279,20€; or
-dx300 for 1.199€.

Jan 17, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #266 of 1,067
If until now you only had experience with entry level daps or dongles (hiby r2, hiby m300, tempotec v3, truthear shio, tanchjim space...) and if you now had the opportunity to buy an Ibasso dap, which one would it be?
-dx260 for 949€;
-dx320 for 1.279,20€; or
-dx300 for 1.199€.
That's always too personal a question as needs and annoyances vary. For me it would be a DX260 simply due to size.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #268 of 1,067
But it really does not seem all that much smaller than the DX320. If size was an issue, wouldn't simply the DX170 be best? For travel, I doubt many could hear a material difference even from the DX320.
Size, I don’t think anything can beat Dx240 ? That is totally me. I either go for as big as I can carry or as small if I needed. However, since going small can not satisfy my desires, I go for bigger option. I am loving 320Max and can’t wait for the next PB5 amplifier, D16 DAC

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #269 of 1,067
-dx260 for 949€;
-dx320 for 1.279,20€; or
-dx300 for 1.199€.
It's more for inside use. For portable i will still use fiio brt7 or one of the entry level daps that i have

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #270 of 1,067
The size and weight between DX260 and DX320 is very notable and perceptible, with DX260 being much smaller and lighter, we are talking about 1.5" less diagonal and less thickness, in any case the minor differences in size would come from DX160/70 vs DX240/60.

On the other hand it seems that ibasso has not been sleeping these last few months in terms of Android optimization, I would dare to say that the DX260 runs smoother and faster than the other ibasso DAPs and things like dark mode seem to work good.

Regarding the battery, out of the box, it was at 99%, after a restart due to a strange bug in which Android did not start correctly, install Google Play, update and install several Apps, including Tidal, Power Amp, Nova Launcher etc, a couple of hours of screen time and about 5H of music playback, the device is still at 45% battery, so it looks promising in that regard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back