DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #857 of 865
The bass has definitely tightened up a bit now. The step up in detail and stage over the m6u is a bit more apparent. Have really enjoyed using with the Volt tonight.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #858 of 865
I was auditioning the se300 for a couple hours 3 days in a row and its an amazing dap. I havent heard the dx260 but the se300 was really really good.
I was comparing it to my sp1000 and i had the u12t back then. The se300 had a very wide soundstage, very comparable to the sp1000 (on some tracks wider on other narrower- probably psychoacustics).
With the u12t, Fostex th610 and Aeon Noire the se300 sounded bit sharper and more digital. The mids/vocals were bit less separated from instruments. On the sp1k there was bit more 3D soundstage and each instrument played in its own buble.
But the bass, overall dynamics and detail were all top notch. I prefered a more organic, warmer and more layered sound of the sp1k but the performance of the se300 was really good. I would say, a typical AK sound, with great definition, timing, rythm and sharp detail. Nothing to complain about.
After having the DC Elite, i would go with the dx260, there is no point in spending such money on source. Your iems/headphones will mainly define the sound. The dx260 and the se300 are comparable when it comes to the power delivery.
I dont want to spoil this thread but my personal advice is to get a used AK sp1000 or sp2000 but if you want a new dap with more power and an open, new Android system and to have a full warranty, just get the dx260 or Fiio M15s (they are probably comparable).
You could also get a DC Elite which is amazing and to my ears at a similar level as the dx320 with a stock amp.
Which DAP under €1000 or even under €1500 that has a sound equal to or very similar to the sound of the Ibasso DC-elite in your opinion and listening experience? I really like the sound of my Elite. I would like to add a DAP with that sound to my collection. Your opinion and that of anyone who wishes to comment will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #859 of 865
Which DAP under €1000 or even under €1500 that has a sound equal to or very similar to the sound of the Ibasso DC-elite in your opinion and listening experience? I really like the sound of my Elite. I would like to add a DAP with that sound to my collection. Your opinion and that of anyone who wishes to comment will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Dx320, you can even find one used for around 1k.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #860 of 865
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #864 of 865
DX240 was better than the M6U when I did a head to head and the DX260 is better than the DX260.

My main issue with the M6U was it's lack of refinement (upper treble is a bit harsh, relative to the competition), detail and soundstage aren't as good, and love it or hate it, it has a blunted sort of sound, I personally liked the crisper sounding AKMs (4497 and 4499EQ)

So yes DX260 > M6U

I prefer the word refined :D
I agree. Owning the OG M6 Pro (4497), M8 (4499), and M6 Ultra (4493), the Ultra sounds a bit blunted. I'm going to purchase the new M5 Ultra as well. It's very hard for me to venture outside Shanling AKM. It's a sound presentation I'm very familiar with and thoroughly enjoy. But I still want to get something of a different flavor - undecided, but this 260 might just be it.

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #865 of 865
I have had my Dx260 for awhile now. I have to say its way better than my Shanling M7. Bigger soundstage, way better highs, more portable, better battery life.
Can you describe the differences you're hearing in the upper frequencies between the 260 and M7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back