DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jan 1, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #2,716 of 2,804
How about you don't say silly things that you have no idea if true or just don't bother with a forum if you have no interest in other opinions. Either dispute what I said or not but don't sidestep it by getting personal. I only said part of your post was silly and stand by that. It's was never meant to be an overall refection of you nor was it talking down. Nobody debated your right to not liking the physical design and I clearly stated the parts I did not agree on with a reasoned fact based response. I'll have a great New Year and hope you do to.:beerchug:
You'll have a better new year when you learn how to speak to people, but I'm not going to be extra mean to someone in your circumstance.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #2,719 of 2,804
I had an unfortunate experience with iBasso. I bought their AMP8MK2S and when it arrived (after a long delay by DHL which iBasso handled well), I tried to install it and it wouldn’t fit properly in the socket. I emailed them and said I was worried about the fit, they told me it was normal and to just push it in and fasten it with the screws, which I did.

It sounded great for a while, then I started getting audio cutouts and the sound would start to get hazy until I took it out and reinstalled it. I contacted them again and told them I was seriously worried about the device, and they basically told me I was imagining things. I tested it again, tried the stock AMP which also had audio cutouts now, and emailed them again asking to send it back. They instead sent me a new AMP8 module that worked well for about a week, and now it’s experiencing the same issues. I asked them if I could finally send it back and they said I could, but only if I paid a heavy international shipping fee.

It’s just disappointing since I really do love this device and they not only convinced me to break it, but they pretended like I was lying about it and won’t even pay the shipping costs to check. At this point I’m just gonna get a DAP from another company, I don’t like FiiO models as much but I’ve had to do their repair process before and it was a much more respectful and professional experience than what iBasso offers their customers.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #2,720 of 2,804
I had an unfortunate experience with iBasso. I bought their AMP8MK2S and when it arrived (after a long delay by DHL which iBasso handled well), I tried to install it and it wouldn’t fit properly in the socket. I emailed them and said I was worried about the fit, they told me it was normal and to just push it in and fasten it with the screws, which I did.

It sounded great for a while, then I started getting audio cutouts and the sound would start to get hazy until I took it out and reinstalled it. I contacted them again and told them I was seriously worried about the device, and they basically told me I was imagining things. I tested it again, tried the stock AMP which also had audio cutouts now, and emailed them again asking to send it back. They instead sent me a new AMP8 module that worked well for about a week, and now it’s experiencing the same issues. I asked them if I could finally send it back and they said I could, but only if I paid a heavy international shipping fee.

It’s just disappointing since I really do love this device and they not only convinced me to break it, but they pretended like I was lying about it and won’t even pay the shipping costs to check. At this point I’m just gonna get a DAP from another company, I don’t like FiiO models as much but I’ve had to do their repair process before and it was a much more respectful and professional experience than what iBasso offers their customers.
I am sorry you have had a bad experience. To return the module for inspection and repair, did you check with using the mail? Lately I have been finding it to be fairly fast and economical. A module doesn't weigh much. With no batteries involved it makes it much easier. You can email me at paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #2,721 of 2,804
I am sorry you have had a bad experience. To return the module for inspection and repair, did you check with using the mail? Lately I have been finding it to be fairly fast and economical. A module doesn't weigh much. With no batteries involved it makes it much easier. You can email me at paul@ibasso.com
I think you missed my point. I told you guys I thought there was a problem with the fit inside the device, you told me to install it anyway, I did, it broke the DAP. I shouldn't have to pay anything, and no, I checked, and it isn't cheap to send the entire DAP. Not just the module, since it isn't just the module, it's the entire DAP that is broken.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #2,722 of 2,804
I think you missed my point. I told you guys I thought there was a problem with the fit inside the device, you told me to install it anyway, I did, it broke the DAP. I shouldn't have to pay anything, and no, I checked, and it isn't cheap to send the entire DAP. Not just the module, since it isn't just the module, it's the entire DAP that is broken.
It is easy to take the battery out of the DX240. What does it cost to ship by mail? You can email me at paul@ibasso.com as I not always on the threads here.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #2,723 of 2,804
It is easy to take the battery out of the DX240. What does it cost to ship by mail? You can email me at paul@ibasso.com as I not always on the threads here.
I'm not dealing with your company anymore. I don't like how you do business, and I don't like having to publicly take issue with a company to finally get offered a positive resolution. This post is for potential customers to know what they may have to go through in a similar situation if they buy your products.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #2,724 of 2,804
I'm not dealing with your company anymore. I don't like how you do business, and I don't like having to publicly take issue with a company to finally get offered a positive resolution. This post is for potential customers to know what they may have to go through in a similar situation if they buy your products.
I understand the frustration having dealt with a different company about faulty new equipment.

However, resolution has been offered in this case. I suggest you get your ego out of the way and resolve this vs carrying around negative energy about the company and trying to pass that energy onto other potential customers, which is bad faith since iBasso has offered a resolution.

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #2,725 of 2,804
I understand the frustration having dealt with a different company about faulty new equipment.

However, resolution has been offered in this case. I suggest you get your ego out of the way and resolve this vs carrying around negative energy about the company and trying to pass that energy onto other potential customers, which is bad faith since iBasso has offered a resolution.
You can handle your affairs in your own way. I've moved on, have a good New Year.

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #2,726 of 2,804
Sounds like not everyone should be changing cards for themselves and I don't mean that as a dig. Some of the cards are tight and/or could have a part pushed slightly out of place during handling packaging etc. The key here to make sure parts are as flush to the card as possible and within the perimeter of the board itself, gently wiggle until it smoothly moves into place, not force it which I doubt was the actual advice.

This would also make make sense out of the new DX260 not having a replaceable card. Paul has said that they're very happy with the amp in it so I'm sure I would be as well. I suspect something very similar to an AMP8mk2s with a little AMP5mod thrown in.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #2,727 of 2,804
Indeed, sometimes there are problems with variable amplifiers, perhaps there is a problem with quality control, or compliance with standards in production.
My AMP1 can easily and effortlessly be inserted into a DAP. In contrast, AMP5mod cannot be simply inserted. Elements of the amplifier board interfere with this process. You have to move it at different angles to get it to fit into its slots. You can see the result of these actions in the photo :)

But I have'nt any complaints about Ibasso. I fixed my amp in 3 minutes and continue to enjoy great sound.
I want to say that any problems with one DAP or AMP are not a reason to hate the manufacturer's company. In my opinion, since the dx100, Ibasso has been making very high quality products.

Attachments

• зображення_viber_2023-12-26_11-50-07-841.jpg
    зображення_viber_2023-12-26_11-50-07-841.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #2,728 of 2,804
Stuff happens, It's nice to have a resource like Paul here to help. These are Chinese companies and there's often something lost in, err. translation, so to speak, but there's a great reliable resource here for when that translation goes less smoothly than desired. That's a much better presence than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back