DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
May 21, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #1,861 of 2,804
I did some listening today and it's interesting. Used amp3mod. I'm a prat freak so still on filter 5 all the time. Still like Android in MED gain or iBasso OS in high with what I was using but may have discovered something else that was holding OS back and why different iBasso DAPs may get different player preference to some extent. It was only a couple tracks but with amp3. I probably prefer OS in high gain with some stipulations. I suspect the 2 players are phase inverted from one another and in this config Android is the right way around (with my S8) and OS is inverted. If you've got 2 pin connectors, try spinning them 180 in OS and tell me what you think. On my setup, openness and depth/spacing is improved when in OS mode when used that way. I haven't listened enough yet but with Amp3 but I suspect that I prefer OS High and phase inverted to Android Med normal phase. With the stock amp, I suspect it may be the other way around.
Actually checked more carefully today and iBasso OS does not sound inverted to me with tracks that I actually know the recording. The previous quick listen was with a cut that probably was recorded inverted or parts in the mix were. In any case. I'm really digging amp3 with iBasso OS in Hi Gain and filter 5. Also like stock amp in android iBasso player, mid gain and filter 5.

May 25, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #1,863 of 2,804
Ok, just getting back in the game here but I'm done with Hiby hardware after all 3 of mine have had major issues.

However I still need Hiby music so I can use MSEB. Anyone use Hiby music on here and run that and MSEB without issues?

May 25, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #1,864 of 2,804
Ok, just getting back in the game here but I'm done with Hiby hardware after all 3 of mine have had major issues.

However I still need Hiby music so I can use MSEB. Anyone use Hiby music on here and run that and MSEB without issues?
I don't use MSEB but I just tested it on Hiby player and all the controls function fine. Apps on DX240 have direct DAC access so Android shouldn't limit anything.

I still prefer iBasso player but If you like it a little softer/smoother, Hiby was the #2 of those I tried.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #1,865 of 2,804
Hi guys!

This is my first iBasso DAP. This is also my first time with a DAP that has replaceable Amps. My previous daps have been Fiio M11 and Rockboxed iPods.

Im interested in possibly trying the other amp possibilities for the 240. Unfortunately the new Amp8Mk2 is expensive and i already spent so much on the DX240. Is there a store that maybe sells the older amps to try out?

Or is it even worth trying other amps besides the stock amp? The amp mods sound cool, but if it involves soldering then I'm out lol. Im pretty much only using the IEMs in my signature.

May 26, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #1,867 of 2,804
I've tried others and always end up back at the stock amp with my IEMs. They do offer flavors and/or current etc and can be favored when driving different phones but really, there's no need to change what comes with it. You're not missing out.
Thanks! I feel better not spending on an Amp... For now lol

May 26, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #1,868 of 2,804
I've tried others and always end up back at the stock amp with my IEMs. They do offer flavors and/or current etc and can be favored when driving different phones but really, there's no need to change what comes with it. You're not missing out.
I've also gone back to my modded AMP1MK3 from the AMP3MOD recently. Noticeably better dynamics, detail & bass impact. AMP3MOD sounds slightly fuzzy by comparison, though it is slightly less fatiguing on poorly-recorded material in particular.

May 26, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #1,869 of 2,804
I've also gone back to my modded AMP1MK3 from the AMP3MOD recently. Noticeably better dynamics, detail & bass impact. AMP3MOD sounds slightly fuzzy by comparison, though it is slightly less fatiguing on poorly-recorded material in particular.
Damn that modded Amp1 sounds pretty sweet! Wish I had the courage to try to mod but I've never modded electronics.

May 27, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #1,871 of 2,804
Does anyone know if they will implement a few Android features in the future? Mainly looking forward to getting a tap to wake feature. I want to be able to have the click wheel last much longer with needing to use it only for turning on and powering off.

And i can't find the option on my DX240 to go into Mango OS. Its not in the Mango player or anything. Am i just not seeing it somewhere obvious?

May 27, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,872 of 2,804
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 27, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #1,873 of 2,804
Does anyone know if they will implement a few Android features in the future? Mainly looking forward to getting a tap to wake feature. I want to be able to have the click wheel last much longer with needing to use it only for turning on and powering off.

And i can't find the option on my DX240 to go into Mango OS. Its not in the Mango player or anything. Am i just not seeing it somewhere obvious?
It's an option on the turn off menu. Next time, it will boot to mango until you launch android from the iBasso OS menu. Always boots to last used.

May 27, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #1,874 of 2,804
It's an option on the turn off menu. Next time, it will boot to mango until you launch android from the iBasso OS menu. Always boots to last used.
Thanks! No wonder i never paid attention to the options. I'll check it out later this afternoon.

May 27, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #1,875 of 2,804

I guess you are talking about non android mango?

When the player is on.
Hold down the power button and the option to go to the (pure) non android mango player will pop up.

To go back to the android side is in the player options via the cog on the upper right hand corner. Press cog, to go to android is down the bottom.

DX240 Manual (thx Yannis):
https://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX240usermanual.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back